BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Watt Signs

Iceman

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoying my visit to pun central. Whatever chant/song we choose, I just hope we sing it enough.

Seems he has had fitness issues wherever he has been but no doubt about his quality. Maybe scoring against Barca so early in his career went to his head?

A demanding, no-nonsense manager that he respects will hopefully bring out the best in him. Similar to Bellamy, who became my second favourite behind Shearer in his all too brief time with us.

Enjoying my visit to pun central. Whatever chant/song we choose, I just hope we sing it enough.

Seems he has had fitness issues wherever he has been but no doubt about his quality. Maybe scoring against Barca so early in his career went to his head?

A demanding, no-nonsense manager that he respects will hopefully bring out the best in him. Similar to Bellamy, who became my second favourite behind Shearer in his all too brief time with us.

I agree. I can see Lambert recharging his batteries.

A player who picks the ball up and drives at defences? With final product?

It's early days but similar consistent performances will make this lad shine for us I feel. Looking forward to watching the whole 90mins.

Good to read that he is seen as such a big loss, but I can't help feeling their pain.

There is a growing number of powerless fans, who have to watch their clubs getting trashed.

Was at the game last week. Really sad to see how screwed over they have been. A good medium sized club, solid pedigree. Massive protest outside the main stand.

The government needs to figure out how to make sure smaller clubs are protected from idiot buyers. Its a pandemic at the moment. Burnley and the like may laugh but honestly it will hit them eventually. A foreign or local millionaire will come in, promise the earth. For every Leicester three clubs will be taken down.

We need to look to Germany and their fan owned models. Its incredibly difficult though with the mega millions in the English game. To the idiot it looks like easy money...

There seems to be only moderate competitive advantage in the Championship through spending shedloads (see QPR, Derby last season, Bolton, us under Kean etc, compared to the likes of Bournemouth, Stoke, Swansea and even Burnley). More important in my mind is having a quality, football skilled, board with a long term strategy.

On Watt, obviously Pl has sought him out. Its quite a weird deal to prise him away in the fashion we have.

Seems a clear indication that Watt wants to play for PL which is a really good sign for a player who has temprement issues. Similar to Hughes with Bellamy and Savage. He got the very best out of them.

Ill be interested to see if he is our main man or if we sign a more established striker. My feeling from Lambo talking about a number ten suggests we may spend the money in midfield.

On Watt, obviously Pl has sought him out. Its quite a weird deal to prise him away in the fashion we have.

Seems a clear indication that Watt wants to play for PL which is a really good sign for a player who has temprement issues. Similar to Hughes with Bellamy and Savage. He got the very best out of them.

Ill be interested to see if he is our main man or if we sign a more established striker. My feeling from Lambo talking about a number ten suggests we may spend the money in midfield.

Hope you are right but from a not reliable source it appears that Rovers have paid what other championship suitors were not willing to pay.

He's electric

He scored against Barca at Celtic

He'll do things you never expected

And he's good at wasting time!

Just need a chorus that ends..

Cos he's electric and We're electric too.

Good opening verse WWWM!

Map of a chorus

And Tony Waaaatt's gonna score,

He's got his mind made up now...

(No more wasting tiiiiiime)

With Tony Watt, it's easy to see,

If you score two, then he scores three,

If you score one, Tony scores two,

'Cause Blackburn's electric and Tony's electric, too!

A bloke I used to work with was really knowledgeable and he once said to me that one of Kenny Dalglish's strengths was his physique where his big backside was used to great effect when shielding the ball. He was very rarely knocked off the ball. I took particular note of this and he was absolutely correct. Yesterday some of Watts play reminded me of this. He was so difficult to knock off the ball, epitomised by his goal and his part in the penalty.

I'm not saying Watt is the new Dalglish but just this one aspect of his play will vastly improve us.

A bloke I used to work with was really knowledgeable and he once said to me that one of Kenny Dalglish's strengths was his physique where his big backside was used to great effect when shielding the ball. He was very rarely knocked off the ball. I took particular note of this and he was absolutely correct. Yesterday some of Watts play reminded me of this. He was so difficult to knock off the ball, epitomised by his goal and his part in the penalty.

I'm not saying Watt is the new Dalglish but just this one aspect of his play will vastly improve us.

I don't want to keep banging on about it but this is a lad who has played in the Champion's League against League Two defenders. I'm cautiously optimistic about T-Watt (believe it or not!) but let's see how he gets on in the League.

With any luck our top scorer this season will not be Jordan Rhodes. But there's a scary prospect that he still could be...

I don't want to keep banging on about it but this is a lad who has played in the Champion's League against League Two defenders. I'm cautiously optimistic about T-Watt (believe it or not!) but let's see how he gets on in the League.

With any luck our top scorer this season will not be Jordan Rhodes. But there's a scary prospect that he still could be...

There was a lot of physicality in yesterdays game and Watt stood up to it, in fact giving as good as he got. This gave me another cause to be optimistic about him. As we all know the Championship is a tough league.

I don't see him primarily as a goal scorer at all. I think his all round game is more suited to how Lambert appears to want to play than any current or recently departed player. The trick for me will be getting other players to chip in with a few goals.

There was a lot of physicality in yesterdays game and Watt stood up to it, in fact giving as good as he got. This gave me another cause to be optimistic about him. As we all know the Championship is a tough league.

I don't see him primarily as a goal scorer at all. I think his all round game is more suited to how Lambert appears to want to play than any current or recently departed player. The trick for me will be getting other players to chip in with a few goals.

Very worrying then and if true then we need someone who can score double figures over the remainder of the season.

Appreciating that we aren't getting promoted this season, if we are building for doing so next season then research shows that you need to forwards both scoring 15-plus (minimum) and at least one getting 20-plus.

This season could well see Rhodes as top scorer with 12 and the next highest with single figures.

Very worrying then and if true then we need someone who can score double figures over the remainder of the season.

Appreciating that we aren't getting promoted this season, if we are building for doing so next season then research shows that you need to forwards both scoring 15-plus (minimum) and at least one getting 20-plus.

This season could well see Rhodes as top scorer with 12 and the next highest with single figures.

Can we move on from Rhodes please. Watt has played one game for us. He may well not score as many as JR but he might create a load more chances for other players to score.

Impressed with Hanley yesterday. Looks far more composed these days.

Can we move on from Rhodes please. Watt has played one game for us. He may well not score as many as JR but he might create a load more chances for other players to score.

Impressed with Hanley yesterday. Looks far more composed these days.

Has Rhodes actually moved on yet? :unsure:

I'm pleased to hear we competed in the physicality stakes. For too long we've been soft touches that nobody was worried about playing against. Sometimes you've got to fight fire with fire and fight for the right to play your football.

Archived