BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sat 6Th Rhodes Vs Rovers

chor808

As there is no match thread again I will start one.

Rovers this week travel to the Boro the new home of one of the most overrated strikers in the Championship. Boro where persuaded to part with over nine million pounds for his services by a quick witted fast moving Rovers MD. The MD has now been sacked.

Rovers on the other hand have bought in six new players in the transfer window including a new forward with one of the easiest names in the championship to sing about. Before you know it you will be singing Tony Watt Watt Watt, trust me I did it is addictive.

Boro sit in second place in the league and are on the back of only one win in their last four, Rovers sadly have not won a league game since the 11th of December (is that really right!).

My team would be, and I will try and get people on the right sides..

Steele

Marshal Ward Hanley Spurr

Gomez Akpan Conway

Watt

Graham Jackson

Or the stop Rhodes team

Steele Raya

Marshal Henley Ward Spurr Hanley Duffy Kilgallon

Williamson Lenihan

Could be bleak Saturday for us all.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steele

Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr

Evans Akpan

Conway Gomez Watt

Graham

We need one of Watt or Jackson to be playing so we can hit them on the counter. I'd probably go for that, or Bennett on the right, switch Conway to the left and play Watt or Jackson up front.

Rhodes to score first - 15/4

Rhodes to score anytime - 11/8

Rhodes to score first, Rovers to win - 80/1

Rhodes to score first, Rovers to win 2-1 - 105/1

Tony Watt to score first, Rovers to win 3-0 - 175/1

Debating whether to trek up there for this or not. The fact it's £32 quid and the prospect of Rhodes doing what he does AGAINST us despite being the worst player ever (apparently) is putting me off. The fact I've never seen Rovers lose at Boro and I've just a sneaky feeling the new look team can pull something off is itching me to go, tricky decision.

To be there and see us pinch a win would be fantastic but in seriousness I reckon..

Boro 2 Rovers 2

Rhodes x2 Gomez, Watt

25,351 (620 Bluues)

Going to be a really tricky game, Boro's midfield could easily hold their own in the Premier League and they've got the best defensive record in the division.

I'd go 4-5-1 with Henley at left back to try and keep pace with Adomah, meaning we can push up a little and get Rhodes further away from the danger zone. We can't afford to give Downing and Leadbitter any room either, both Akpan and Evans probably required for this.

Think the pressure is on Boro for this, so hoping this works in our favour and we come away with a scrappy draw, with Hanley booting Jordan up the arse 2 minutes after he comes off the sub bench and being anonymous/sulking for the remainder of the match until Uncle Steven can give him a cuddle at full time and tell him what a special wanted boy he his.

Score 1-1

How can anyone think that Rhodes will fail in Borro- the best team in the championship, when he was so successful in Rovers is beyond me.

My team would be

Steele

.....Duffy Ward Hanley

Marshall................. Bennet

Conway Evans Gomez Watt

..................Grahham

I hope those going to the game sing Rhodes' praises and give him a good cheer.

Before kick off, of course.

He has been a good servant to us and he scored many important goals for us. I wish him well.

If we get anything out of this game it will be a bonus, Rhodes or no Rhodes.

I hope those going to the game sing Rhodes' praises and give him a good cheer.

Before kick off, of course.

He has been a good servant to us and he scored many important goals for us. I wish him well.

If we get anything out of this game it will be a bonus, Rhodes or no Rhodes.

I certainly won't be giving him a 'good cheer'. He was handsomely rewarded for his time here and he wanted to move on. No animosity towards him but all he is to me is an ex player now. No more no less.

• Backroom

3-1 loss with Rhodes scoring 2

Rhodes will score but he's also a bit soft; tell Grant to kick him from the first minute to the last; then again he's probably more likely to get the decisions for Boro

Tough one to call this.

One the one hand, I expect us to dominate posession and territory since the player that (apparently) single-handedly prevented us from doing so for the last 3 years has not only left our team, but will be in the opposition team presumably doing the same to them.

However, since we've seemingly written off this season already and are counting the money for rebuilding in the summer, it's not really in our interests to deny Boro the 3 points and risk losing out on the extra £2-4 million.

Disappointing 0-0 draw all the way then!

Can't help thinking that for once the sun will shine on Middlesbrough.

I know it's wrong to suggest it and if there is a god then he'll frown on me and smile on that wet lettuce Rhodes, but I hope Hanley kicks him from pillar to post for 90mins.

Just can't see us getting a win or probably a draw. But I hope we put eleven players out who at least show an understanding of what lambert wants and demonstrate a commitment to win. This game has taken on a lot of importance in recent days. But with my logical head on, it's just another match towards building a side who can challenge next season. But it would be oh so sweet if we could manage the unlikely. And boro aren't on a good run of form...... you just never know (that's the dreamer head muscling in).

Away, at one of the seemingly inevitable promotion teams, haven't won for yonks in the League, half the team just met each other, Rhodes facing the team he left a few days ago----I can't help feeling the sun won't be shining on us!

That won't stop the cries of "Sack him" from the combined, massed bands of Rhodies and Bowyerettes though!

On a serious note I expect us to lose 2-0. A draw would be wonderful.

Archived