BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 Nations

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

It’s incredible. 

When the Welsh player on the pitch thinks he's knocked it on, and the Welsh commentator says "100% knock on!", you know something has gone badly wrong.

It's not sour grapes from us. Just fact.

Thought the 1st try was 50/50 call. Refs don't usually allow quick penalties once they've stopped the game for a chat. But England shud have been more aware too. Sloppy. 

Just now, Silas said:

When the Welsh player on the pitch thinks he's knocked it on, and the Welsh commentator says "100% knock on!", you know something has gone badly wrong.

It's not sour grapes from us. Just fact.

Thought the 1st try was 50/50 call. Refs don't usually allow quick penalties once they've stopped the game for a chat. But England shud have been more aware too. Sloppy. 

That first try reminded me of when Beckham scored a drop goal for untied at Ewood. 🙄

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

In light of that refs conversation with farrell that first try is as appalling as the 2nd. No wonder farrell looked like he wanted to chin him.

Yeah, I'm doing a complete u turn now. 1st way worse.

If, by the letter of law, the 2nd isn't a knock on then fair enough. It's BS, but laws are laws. The 1st is a disgrace. Ref should be embarrassed. 

• 2 weeks later...

The best game I’ve seen for a while:

England 23 - France 20

France are a quality side and will be a real threat in the World Cup on home soil, but we beat them today, you have to wonder why that kind of performance has been missing all 6 nations. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A win for either team last game will put a bit of gloss on what has been a disappointing campaign. 

How are Wales where they are? Ireland should have bet them with 14 for most of the game, if not for really avoidable errors 

Wales have been lucky so far. The got a dozen point start against England courtesy of the ref and then played against 14 men against Ireland and Scotland. I fancy France to beat them this weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

France played well, Wales luck ran out at the end.

France have been the best side all tournament for me, they'll be a real power moving forward, but Wales looked the best side for large parts of the game yesterday, continually broke the gain line, but just got pipped at the post.

A fantastic game, great advert for 6 nations. 

• Like 1