BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

den

Time for the match thread.

First post Rhodes home game. I'm personally starting to look forward to games for the first time in 5 years. We're in the early days of a transition from what we were under the previous "managers", to what this particular manager wants us to be.

Don't know anything about Hull.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for the match thread.

First post Rhodes home game. I'm personally starting to look forward to games for the first time in 5 years. We're in the early days of a transition from what we were under the previous "managers", to what this particular manager wants us to be.

Don't know anything about Hull.

Same for me. It has been such a long drawn out malaise.

I do get the feeling something has changed behind the scenes. OMG..we have a proper manager clearly trying to build a functional team-the kind of thing I took for granted for over forty years!

Great preview den! :tu:

I'm looking forward to this one as well. Here's hoping that Gomez can bring about the spark that has been missing for a wee while at Ewood.

Rovers 2-0 Hull

Watt, Marshall (pen)

MoM: The Jord is dead, long live the Jord.

I can feel a win in my blood.

2-0 for Rovers and a decent crowd thanks to decent following from the other end of the M62.

Get down to Ewood and witness a rare and welcome 3 points.

I think we are going to snot them,

good and proper

• Backroom

Very tricky game; normally a point would be great but at the moment we need to find some wins from somewhere!

Hopefully an early goal for us would give us the belief and have the fans bouncing.

It's a long time since I really looked forward to a game at Ewood. The reports of our last two performances and seeing the new players, new formation and new style of play gives me an upbeat feeling.

No idea what the result will be. Just looking forward.

We'll tear Hull a new one in the first 20 mins and race into a two goal lead. Things settle down in the second half as we look to counter attack. Hulls pressure pays off with a goal back making it a nervy last 20 mins (15 for a lot of those in Riverside) :)

Rover 2 Tigers 1

(Rhode... no I mean Watt x2 )

12,989 (1100 Hull)

Clucas is a tidy player. Maguire is a powerfull centre half and can play a bit. Akpom has pace will be tricky player to keep an eye on. Livermore is a decent player. Will be a tricky game this one and although I want to feel the same as a few of you guys with this new found confidence i just dont want to be over confident. Can see a score draw myself with another encouraging performance.

.......Will be a tricky game this one and although I want to feel the same as a few of you guys with this new found confidence i just dont want to be over confident. Can see a score draw myself with another encouraging performance.

I agree that we need to keep things in perspective until we transfer our positive away form into our home performances.

I'm hoping Hull bring a couple of thousand plus, to ensure a decent atmosphere throughout. This may be optimistic after their defeat last week up the road. (Edit: Just checked, they took 1628 to Burnley)

COYB!

Whilst Im aware we are in a position where we need a few points, Id be more encouraged by a good home performance, even if it is a narrow defeat, than a scabby 1-0 and poor performance.

Seems an age since a home game, so looking forward to seeing how the new lads play.

We'll tear Hull a new one in the first 20 mins and race into a two goal lead. Things settle down in the second half as we look to counter attack. Hulls pressure pays off with a goal back making it a nervy last 20 mins (15 for a lot of those in Riverside) :)

Rover 2 Tigers 1

(Rhode... no I mean Watt x2 )

12,989 (1100 Hull)

Sure it will be over 13k if Hull bring that many. The Brighton game was almost 13k.

Sure it will be over 13k if Hull bring that many. The Brighton game was almost 13k.

Hope so, just wondering what the Rhodes sale will do to the crowd as I'm assuming a few may have spat the dummy. Personally I'm looking forwards to seeing the new guys in action, although I wish they were lining up with JR as well.

Archived