BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham At Home

What changes would people have?

would people change formation from this diamond midfield and play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Fulham against QPR yesterday played a 5-3-2 formation and played Cairney, Parker and O'Hara as a midfield 3.

Hopefully Hanley, Graham and Akpan will all be available for this game.

my team playing the diamond midfield

Steele

Marshall Ward Hanley Henley

Evans

Lenihan Grimes

Gomez

Graham Watt

Subs:- Raya, Duffy, Jackson, Brown, Apkan, Conway, Bennett

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Akpan. We missed his effort and energy on Saturday.

Times and form has changed massively in that I am hoping Hanley is fit too. He's been player of the season by a mile and he's finally put that massive heed to good use.

What changes would people have?

would people change formation from this diamond midfield and play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Fulham against QPR yesterday played a 5-3-2 formation and played Cairney, Parker and O'Hara as a midfield 3.

Hopefully Hanley, Graham and Akpan will all be available for this game.

my team playing the diamond midfield

Steele

Marshall Ward Hanley Henley

Evans

Lenihan Grimes

Gomez

Graham Watt

Subs:- Raya, Duffy, Jackson, Brown, Apkan, Conway, Bennett

You can't just stick a right back at left back, completely dropping out actual left back, and not make a proper comment.

Other than that, it looks a very narrow side and relies on your right footed lb getting forward and presumably cutting inside.

Akpan on the bench? Has Lenihan impressed you that much?

I expect Grimes to start on the bench and Conway to be given another chance.

You can't just stick a right back at left back, completely dropping out actual left back, and not make a proper comment.

Other than that, it looks a very narrow side and relies on your right footed lb getting forward and presumably cutting inside.

Akpan on the bench? Has Lenihan impressed you that much?

I expect Grimes to start on the bench and Conway to be given another chance.

Henley played at left back in his first 2 starts for Rovers at Anfield and Old Trafford.

I would give Lenihan another start.

Wouldnt start Conway as he has been very poor since signing his new contract.

If everyone is fit then I would start with the same eleven that started the Middlesbrough game. That performance was hugely impressive. However, if Graham, Akpan and Hanley are still missing then I wouldn't see much change from those who featured on Saturday. There isn't a great deal of depth to the squad at the moment.

• Backroom

Akpan has to play if fit we missed him massively yesterday, Lenihan isn't nearly as effective.

Monumental game, win and we are 8 points above the bottom 3 with a huge goal difference advantage and another game in hand, a draw leaves us still in a decent position but the lack of momentum with a draw or a loss may keep us in the spiral and momentum may take us down

There'll be an improvement from Saturday IF there is a full squad to pick from this time. Sadly even with that we can't get away from being workmanlike at best and we'll still rely on a set piece or something to provide a goal.

Rovers 0 Fulham 1 (Cairney free kick)

Cairney and O'Hara in the same central midfield is a defensively weak pairing, I'd keep the diamond formation to gain an advantage from that (although in the long run we really should be looking to play a variation of 4-5-1). Think this one has "shaky draw" written all over it. 1-1, Ward with our goal from a set piece.

Akpan has to play if fit we missed him massively yesterday, Lenihan isn't nearly as effective.

Monumental game, win and we are 8 points above the bottom 3 with a huge goal difference advantage and another game in hand, a draw leaves us still in a decent position but the lack of momentum with a draw or a loss may keep us in the spiral and momentum may take us down

Said the same leaving the ground yesterday. Hanley ,Akpan and Graham need to play.

Said the same leaving the ground yesterday. Hanley ,Akpan and Graham need to play.

Thought the idea of introducing a system or style of play and not being overly reliant on one individual was that different players could slot seamlessly in and out of the side with no adverse effect.

Massive improvement needed whichever X1 are on display. Excuses and hard luck stories won't wash any longer.

Why not put Henley back in at right back and move Marshall further up the pitch so that he can be more involved with Gomez, Watt and Graham. Henley played against Charlton and did ok, got an assist for the goal too.

This Grimes lad will probably be in the bench, so in expectation of that my starting team would be this:

Steele

Spurr

Hanley

Ward

Henley

Evans

Akpan

Marshall

Gomez

Watt

Graham

There'll be an improvement from Saturday IF there is a full squad to pick from this time. Sadly even with that we can't get away from being workmanlike at best and we'll still rely on a set piece or something to provide a goal.

Rovers 0 Fulham 1 (Cairney free kick)

Don't think Rovers have dropped below 12,000 attendance for a league game since the early 90's. Yes I know some people think the attendances are embellished but surely that's against football league rules? Plus of course the electronic records.

Don't think Rovers have dropped below 12,000 attendance for a league game since the early 90's. Yes I know some people think the attendances are embellished but surely that's against football league rules? Plus of course the electronic records.

I thought you did not like tecnology

Henley played at left back in his first 2 starts for Rovers at Anfield and Old Trafford.

I would give Lenihan another start.

Wouldnt start Conway as he has been very poor since signing his new contract.

You have to drop Lenihan after his Saturday performance as he offered nothing in defence or attack as he looked a league two player at best during that second half performance.

It's coming believe me, only the away contingent has pushed it above 12k a few times this season.

Archived