BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Lambert apologises to those who went today. They deserved better than having the towel thrown in before kick off.

West Ham are a very good side, of course, but with that line up we didn't have a hope in hell.

We were winning one nil and then our goalie cocked up.

Just goes to show how much emotion is attached to football...

We have been well beat today due a number of differing factors, team selection, individual errors, sendings off, etc etc.

Ultimately todays fixture was always going to be a big ask for us to progress whether it was West Ham or Liverpool.

Our club is a championship outfit and a mid to low championship club for that matter which has a spotlight shone on it when we play much better sides like today.

Lets not all lose our minds because today has been a bad day out, we are still on the journey to repair the mistakes of our recent past and I feel we need to stick with Lambert and his ongoing rebuild, the summer is absolutely crucial but I do worry whether Venkys will back him after his comments in the press about winning today and getting them to spend as a result?

• Backroom

We were winning one nil and then our goalie cocked up.

If the match finished after 20 minutes then that would have been fine. Even if Steele hadn't made that mistake you'd have to be blinkered in the extreme to think we wouldn't have eventually conceded and lost today. West Ham are light years ahead of our strongest team, which makes putting out close to a reserve team even sadder.

A 5-1 home loss to West Ham, and people are OK with that. How standards have fallen.

I don't care what anyone says - the performance since THEY went down to 10 men has been nothing short of pathetic and embarrassing.

I must admit it kind of felt like Henley was the one sent off. :unsure:

Still. Only one team can win the cup and Whum will be crying in the not too distant future.

If the match finished after 20 minutes then that would have been fine. Even if Steele hadn't made that mistake you'd have to be blinkered in the extreme to think we wouldn't have eventually conceded and lost today. West Ham are light years ahead of our strongest team, which makes putting out close to a reserve team even sadder.

A 5-1 home loss to West Ham, and people are OK with that. How standards have fallen.

You said we were never in it. We were, that's all. Class showed in the end.

Another man just skips past Akpan like he isn't there. Seriously, how has the guy been allowed to stay on the pitch this long? An insulting effort.

Like I said, he's a disgrace. I can understand if you're beaten for quality but you can never excuse a lack of effort.

• Backroom

Like I said, he's a disgrace. I can understand if you're beaten for quality but you can never excuse a lack of effort.

Not the first time this season either. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago his lack of effort cost us a goal? I forget against who now, but he was definitely one of the main culprits.

Archived