BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the match finished after 20 minutes then that would have been fine. Even if Steele hadn't made that mistake you'd have to be blinkered in the extreme to think we wouldn't have eventually conceded and lost today. West Ham are light years ahead of our strongest team, which makes putting out close to a reserve team even sadder.

A 5-1 home loss to West Ham, and people are OK with that. How standards have fallen.

Don't think anyone's OK with it. A 5-1 loss at home to anyone is a bad day. But, as you say West Ham are light years ahead of us, so we can't be surprised at a heavy defeat when our players gift them a goal and a one man advantage for a large chunk of the game. It's not the end of days, gnashing of teeth-fest that's brewing on here.

Spirited for a while, embarrasing by the hour mark, but not much you can do with Brown lumbering about up front and then at the other your keeper is practically ushering the ball into the net at the other end. The first goal aside which he dived over, he showed half of the goal to the West Ham player for the second, the ball went in exactly where you'd expect at a nice height and Steele stiil didn't get anywhere near it.

Complete stupidity by Taylor in areas when he didn't need to commit fouls put a tin hat on it.

You probably can't read too much into today but I'm still not convinced by Lambert at all.

No it didn't. Would have lasted longer if goalie had made a standard save.

Some over the top reactions on here, not sure what people expect.

Our strongest team would be a start.

Not the first time this season either. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago his lack of effort cost us a goal? I forget against who now, but he was definitely one of the main culprits.

'Boro game, wasn't it? Stood off and let the guy float in a cross for their equaliser?

I don't know if he's just heavy on his feet or what, but he should be busting a gut to win the ball back. He's only 24 FFS!

Blackburn 1-5 West Ham

f8af8a18-3eab-40aa-a4b9-23d3cad2a524.jpg

Mark Lawrenson

BBC football expert

Posted at 16:53

"West Ham are so physically strong as well as everything else they have got, they could make the top five."

His he talking about top five in the league or list of players he would like to do? not called the Preston Hairdresser for nothing :)

• Backroom

Don't think anyone's OK with it. A 5-1 loss at home to anyone is a bad day. But, as you say West Ham are light years ahead of us, so we can't be surprised at a heavy defeat when our players gift them a goal and a one man advantage for a large chunk of the game. It's not the end of days, gnashing of teeth-fest that's brewing on here.

Do you not think the fans deserved better than that starting line up, though? We were consigned to a heavy defeat as soon as that selection was made. At least with a strong XI the score would have been respectable. Regardless of where we are as a club or where West Ham are, I never want to see my club humiliated and embarrassed as we were today. I can't be okay with that and shrug my shoulders. What's the point in caring about the club at all, otherwise?

'Boro game, wasn't it? Stood off and let the guy float in a cross for their equaliser?

I don't know if he's just heavy on his feet or what, but he should be busting a gut to win the ball back. He's only 24 FFS!

Aye, I think that might have been it. Hopefully Lambert is taking note.

Fans like you are the reason we are down here. No question about it. From even our top days in the Premiership there have been multitudes with the mentality of "oh well it could have been worse" and not "this is inexcusable and we need to pull up our boot strings and fix this." The former mentality, which it seems all the players employed by this club share, will only earn you shambles after shambles. Even without Venkys such poisonous attitude would have eventually seen our downfall.

An embarrassing result, and many of them went missing. When the going gets tough you see the real strong characters stepping up and not giving up. This only goes to confirm that we have none of them in this squad. Akpan was absolutely woeful, but instead of feeling down he's walking off the pitch in seemingly jovial form, laughing and smiling. Sums our side up. Get rid! Never in doubt after the selection. I thought our days of forfeiting cup ties were over....

That was one of the most embarrassing and shameful games I can remember seeing in almost 50 years of supporting the Rovers.

To be well beaten by a better side is something that happens and we can all accept, but to approach the game in that way with a weak team selection, no real effort or drive and without even really trying to win the game is something that should never happen in sport.

The management and players should be apologising to the supporters and the people of Blackburn for the events of this afternoon.

For a team in our position the prospect of a cup run is the one positive thing left in the season - to surrender in the way Blackburn did today makes a mockery of the game and just feeds those in the press and media who love to write off this once great club.

No more for me this season.

Fans like you are the reason we are down here. No question about it. From even our top days in the Premiership there have been multitudes with the mentality of "oh well it could have been worse" and not "this is inexcusable and we need to pull up our boot strings and fix this." The former mentality, which it seems all the players employed by this club share, will only earn you shambles after shambles. Even without Venkys such poisonous attitude would have eventually seen our downfall.

Well, I apologise to everyone for getting us relegated, selling off everyone decent, getting us into an embargo and firing 3 managers in one season. I also wholehearedly apologise for missing a routine save and getting sent off today.

Why exactly?

FA cup, not a priority and we have a busy schedule. Look at the team City have put out.

I would have thought it obvious. It is owed to the fans to give them value for their ticket money.

Behave yourself. It's not the fans fault. It's born from employing at best 1.5 football managers out of the last 5 appointments. Not to mention giving an agency free reign over transfers.

Today was a lesson. I'm sure lambert will have learned more today than at any other point in his tenure. Two things in particular. Firstly the squad has too many sub standard players and secondly, he may have made a mistake turning down that job abroad.

Never nice to see that kind of performance or result. But we need to take it on the chin and stand up and be counted against derby. There will be a few who feel the heat this week.

Archived