BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United - Fa Cup 5Th Round

Fans like you are the reason we are down here. No question about it. From even our top days in the Premiership there have been multitudes with the mentality of "oh well it could have been worse" and not "this is inexcusable and we need to pull up our boot strings and fix this." The former mentality, which it seems all the players employed by this club share, will only earn you shambles after shambles. Even without Venkys such poisonous attitude would have eventually seen our downfall.

Don't know Reidy personally but I will start protesting against him ASAP for him bringing us to the level where we find ourselves. #reidyout

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well, I apologise to everyone for getting us relegated, selling off everyone decent, getting us into an embargo and firing 3 managers in one season. I also wholehearedly apologise for missing a routine save and getting sent off today.

A bit too late for now, you've done the damage, thanks for that!

Steele absolutely useless but for the first goal where was the closing down at the edge of the box?sat on the bloody bench in Hanley and Evans.

I'm a Lambert fan and I know he needs time to build his own team but he really did the fans over with his team selection today.He can never complain again at a poor gate for a cup match.Why should we pay to watch our star men sat on the bench.Gomez,Hanley and Evans sitting on their arses whilst hopeless akpan and Taylor start.I'm fuming

You could say that every time a team loses

Don't be silly. If you pick your best team there can be no complaints.

So you are saying you should have a say in team selection now when you buy a ticket?

Stupid post. The manager should pick his best team.

• Backroom

Well, I apologise to everyone for getting us relegated, selling off everyone decent, getting us into an embargo and firing 3 managers in one season. I also wholehearedly apologise for missing a routine save and getting sent off today.

If I'd realised this I would never have given you the courtesy of a response. You fiend.

• Backroom

What you think is his best team or what he does?

None of us thought Tuesday was our best team and we won, had we lost should we have got a refund?

Correct. Taking into account knocks, injuries and up coming games that's what he will have done today. All with a view of our busy schedule.

He has basically made 3 unforced changes today. Not exactly a lot.

If a manager doesn't want his team involved in a cup run , then don't enter the competition.

To approach a cup-tie in the way we did today shows no respect for the cup, but more importantly a complete lack of respect for the supporters.

• Moderation Lead

Fans like you are the reason we are down here. No question about it. From even our top days in the Premiership there have been multitudes with the mentality of "oh well it could have been worse" and not "this is inexcusable and we need to pull up our boot strings and fix this." The former mentality, which it seems all the players employed by this club share, will only earn you shambles after shambles. Even without Venkys such poisonous attitude would have eventually seen our downfall.

This is a classic example of the melodrama on here that follows a defeat. Take a chill pill.

Why exactly?

FA cup, not a priority and we have a busy schedule. Look at the team City have put out.

We're not going down barring a catastrophic run. Today was the last chance for a bit of glory this season.

What are we playing for now, the battle to finish 18th instead of 20th?

I want my money back. If I'd have had any incline that he was gunna start with that side I would never have gone. I've never left early before but that was shocking and I left as soon as the 4th went in. Let's be honest we were lucky it was only five. Lenihan was the only bright spark. Special shout outs to akpan and Henley who put in some of the worst footballing displays I've ever seen

Correct. Taking into account knocks, injuries and up coming games that's what he will have done today. All with a view of our busy schedule.

He has basically made 3 unforced changes today. Not exactly a lot.

It's a third of the outfield and adding the forced changes was far too many. The bench was stronger.

Any team including Chris Brown is not our strongest.

• Backroom

We're not going down barring a catastrophic run. Today was the last chance for a bit of glory this season.

That was my thought as well. Pretty much everyone on here seems confident we aren't going down, so why is it OK to sacrifice the cup for a league game that in theory means nothing beyond finishing slightly higher in the mid table?

Spot on ....

One game to give some joy in the season and the manager put up the white flag an hour before kick off.

I think today was an opportunity to look at others. In the grand scheme of things might not be a bad thing as if we can see players such as Akpam and Henley cannot cut it then so can the manager.

Think Conway is quickly playing his way out his plans too.

The good thing about this messageboard is that it gives us an opportunity to vent about what we have seen before we get home and take it out on the dog or th girlfriend but I want to excercise caution and perspective and calm by stating that I previously realised Taylor was slow in mind and deed but now I want to use this platform to call for him (or his performance) to be formally investigated.

And, to continue the calm and collected reaction, it is my belief that Taylor's performance, if you can call it that, was infinitely better than Lambert's.

Quality. Thanks to all concerned.

(Phew, feel better already.....) 😒

I think I've got things all wrong. Rovers' fans have expected to be entertained and see goals. How dare they expect that of Rovers?

There is a malaise that makes this current expression of blue and white fragile and unpredictable. They have no character. That is what is so inexcusable.

It is not all PL's fault but this exhibition today could carry over into league play. Unless it is corrected things could all go south!

What exactly can the fans realistically do? Serious question here, Mr. E.

Blackpool fans staged pitch invasions. Have the Oystons been deposed?

Mass boycotts are a pipe-dream. Not gonna happen, mate. Fans are already voting with their feet, and attendances will continue to dwindle barring a sudden rise in fortune, but you'll always have the hardcore element week in, week out.

You make it sound like all we need for a happy ending is to force Venky's out. If that was somehow to happen, who's taking over? You can't have a sale without a buyer. I can't see many legit businessmen queuing up for a small-town, Championship club that's up to its eyeballs in debt. Would you rather us enter into administration and plummet down the league pyramid? Pompey's nightmare wasn't over once they got rid of Gaydamak. They were passed from one dodgy owner to another until they stood on the precipice of extinction.

Trust me, I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think you've thought things through.

Beaten by a better side but the team selections were still surprising. 11 games in 30 days so rotation is understandable but today was too much.

I'm not going to get carried away by the result. Ultimately, Lambert will be judged next season when he's had time and money to spend on the squad. If we are still in this position next year then there are problems.

Disappointed in the performance but our priority needs to be staying up.

It's a third of the outfield and adding the forced changes was far too many. The bench was stronger.

We don't know how many were carrying knocks. If you don't know in this day and age that teams play weaker sides in cup competitions then more fool you.

West Ham played a strong team because they think they can win it.

Spot on ....

One game to give some joy in the season and the manager put up the white flag an hour before kick off.

We went one nil up after 20 minutes.

Why exactly?

FA cup, not a priority and we have a busy schedule. Look at the team City have put out.

city have the champions league and the carling cup final next week.What exactly are we playing for?Lambert was building up the match in the media throughout the week and hoping for a big gate.Why shouldn't fans be angry at the fact we picked a second string side?We arnt going down

Archived