BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Scum

ABBEY

But how come Merson or Nicholas never do the live Football games on Sky Sports 1

IMO, The commentators/Pundits are very good. People like Souness, Henry, Redknapp, Quinn are excellent and first class.

One's a boozing druggie and the others understandable by less than 0.000000000000001% of viewers

But how come Merson or Nicholas never do the live Football games on Sky Sports 1

IMO, The commentators/Pundits are very good. People like Souness, Henry, Redknapp, Quinn are excellent and first class.

I never listen to the 'experts' in the studio. Having watched the game I can form my own opinion and don't need to be patronised by some has been clinging on to their dwindling fame. The same applies to Savage and the other radio gang.

What was said? I cancelled my sky subscription a few months ago. Got sick of the bull they come out with in the name of punditry. Not missing it at all tbh. They are ripping us of and have been for years.

The just of it was akin to going back in time ...

@#/? fans for being @#/? to Kean , lambert is stupid for going to a tin pot club etc

I honestly think they were toe dipping for baldilocks and crew.

The just of it was akin to going back in time ...

@#/? fans for being @#/? to Kean , lambert is stupid for going to a tin pot club etc

I honestly think they were toe dipping for baldilocks and crew.

What I really can't stand is that other clubs are lauded for being against the manager.

Currently we're hearing how magnificent Villa fans are for their response to the manager and players - and there's just ineptitude there, no whiff of suspicious dealings. We're seen it time after time, every other club's fans are lauded for being passionate, whereas we were "over the line". That's some power there somewhere to get something that's seen as a good thing everywhere else to be a bad thing with us.

Btw no other manager to my knowledge has:

1) A video spouting a drunken load of bull including slander of his predecessor

2) Lied so many times on camera about players etc.

3) Brought his own son into a press conference to ensure that the media didn't give him a hard time - this in particular is the one that shows me how low he is. How can you do that to your own child???

The crap tactics, performances, and relegation didn't help either.

Why do folk still subscribe to sky - I sacked them awhile ago. I use BT sport and Now tv. Every now and again I will buy a day ticket for particular matches. I refuse to subscribe to them though.

Couple of months ago I was offered the full package, including sports to 'come back' to them. No chance.

If you don't like sky, sack em.

I'm enjoying football more since I started watching games with the sound muted and music playing. Also avoiding all 'analysis' on MOTD etc.

Exactly and especially the trivial information. Who gives a damn if Arsene Wenger is the first foreign manager to reach 100 FA cup games. Pointless, trivial information in an era of information overload. That term is going to come up more and more I might start a thread in the non football section about it. I'm not even going to read most football news anymore beyond this club there's too much of it. Live Tv/in-stadium football and that's it.

Would still listen to Keys and Gray though if I could access them anywhere other than streams.

Sky should go back to the "less corporate" look with good music intros like they had in the past. Look at the ones in 1992 and the one in 1997 (is the kid with a painted blue and white face shown from 97-2001 super sunday intros an actual Rovers fan?) searching super sunday on Youtube. BBC have been doing the same tired MOTD format and nothing else at least Sky still bring in something new now and then. BT just need to fire Owen and they will improve x1000. Its worth just going to Ewood today if the alternative is hearing him! (if he's commentating)

As for ITV...well we can't expect miracles can we?

Perhaps scrap analysis altogether and just play music packages. I wish they would play more music before the games (did the PA do that or play Radio Rovers before the screen was installed (?) I can't recall from the few games I attended in 97-98) and even consider scrapping the screen altogether. There could still be Tvs in the concourses.

Archived