BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Europa League

Well spurs drew Dortmund and United Drew Liverpool. Think Liverpool should have enough see united off over two legs. Spurs and Dortmund will be a fascinating watch. I think Dortmund will win over two legs but will be close. Either way two great ties I will look forward to seeing. Aubameyang is some player. Seen him in the bundesliga 5-6 times this season and has been fantastic. Be surprised if he isn't playing in the premiership or with one of the European big boys next season

The two ties I would have handpicked to see personally so that's a great draw.

Think this will be another real test of how far Spurs have come this season, and I can't recall seeing a Utd vs Liverpool game in Europe before. Has there been one in the past 20 years or so?

Fancy Liverpool to go through, but hopefully that won't result in Van Gaal's sacking as I don't want the fun to end just yet.

• Like 2

The two ties I would have handpicked to see personally so that's a great draw.

Think this will be another real test of how far Spurs have come this season, and I can't recall seeing a Utd vs Liverpool game in Europe before. Has there been one in the past 20 years or so?

Fancy Liverpool to go through, but hopefully that won't result in Van Gaal's sacking as I don't want the fun to end just yet.

Couldn't agree more. I never get bored of listening to united fans moaning about there decline. They have no idea what it's like for true fans of proper teams who struggle season after season which makes it all the more enjoyable when they consistently fail to deliver and to lose to Liverpool would be the icing on the cake of an awful season. Great test for spurs and the young English lads before the euros. Always want English teams to do well and win in Europe but united I always feel an overwhelming sense of shame if I watch them in Europe and attempt to support them so that draw has eliminated that for me.

I always want the usual suspects to struggle in Europe, sick of seeing the same clubs year in year out.

But I do get behind 'normal' clubs if they can somehow break the cartel and qualify; Fulham, Boro, Leicester next season- reminds me of our great adventures.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

The two Maltese clubs I have most affinity with (Valletta and Balzan) both exited the Euro[a League last night after having given themselves a decent chance of going through based on first leg performances.

Such a shame they couldn't have drawn Scottish opponents.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually tuned in last night as I’ve not seen Burnley live for a few years.

They are a very fit side but play very much in the Allardyce style of long ball and get in the box for their big men who regularly kept missing chances.

Looked naive against the experienced Greeks.

I think it will be difficult for them in the league this year.

• 2 years later...