BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Umbro To Be Kit Manufacturers Next Season.

Damien

Talking to someone working at Ewood and I found out that next season Umbro are back.

Aparently Nike asked us if we would deviate from blue and white halves to an all blue kit... No idea when this was said but i thought it was an amusing story to share!

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More likely, we're not selling enough shirts for Nikes liking. They'd rather stick a Rovers badge on some generic Nike kit and it won't cost them anything. The first kit they did for us was exactly that. It was just the generic Nike half shirt with the Rovers crest which is why the Colours were the wrong way round.

I'd rather a local company was set up to make our kits rather than being Nikes corporate b!tches

Aye and change our name to The Raiders.

WTF.

101106-I-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-Hbv
Sorry Abbey, Raiders sounds most like Rovers.

Anyway, who won The SuperBowl?

Our kit is very iconic & very simple. Nike have made a mess of it & to be fair, Umbro did at the end. Please get it right, so it looks like Rovers & not Grasshoppers or Chievo...,

Just need blue n white halves at home and halved away kits.

It must be at least 15 years since we had a shirt worth buying.

07/08 red and black halves away shirt, one of my favourites and great memories with Santa Cruz et al.

The home one was nice that season too, nice bit of red trimming compliments the iconic blue and white halves perfectly.

More likely, we're not selling enough shirts for Nikes liking. They'd rather stick a Rovers badge on some generic Nike kit and it won't cost them anything. The first kit they did for us was exactly that. It was just the generic Nike half shirt with the Rovers crest which is why the Colours were the wrong way round.

I'd rather a local company was set up to make our kits rather than being Nikes corporate b!tches

Bo11ocks. This was some myth made up by those unhappy the colours were the wrong way round. If you looked at the generic Nike half shirt you'd have noticed the back was not halved but in fact plain. This is the biggest sports manufacturer in the world we are talking about here. Do you really think they wouldn't be able to make the kit near enough exactly how we want it (within reasonable limits of course)?

Bo11ocks. This was some myth made up by those unhappy the colours were the wrong way round. If you looked at the generic Nike half shirt you'd have noticed the back was not halved but in fact plain. This is the biggest sports manufacturer in the world we are talking about here. Do you really think they wouldn't be able to make the kit near enough exactly how we want it (within reasonable limits of course)?

They have previous in changing club shirts, so have Kappa,

ours is unique, so they can do one

They have previous in changing club shirts, so have Kappa,

ours is unique, so they can do one

Yeah I'm sure they'd rather keep designs close to their stock but I was commenting on the "they just used the stock halved kit" baloney that went round a couple years ago.

Its football. Majority of clubs are to a large extent corporate b!tches and the fans are corporate puppets. I've only known modern football really (not talking about all seater stadiums, etc as a bad thing though if others want terracing I've no objection) but its definitely much worse now than it was even in the 90's. Stuff like the handshakes, PC culture in general, etc.

Archived