BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

I totally agree that anyone booing an individual, or even the team, is counterproductive.

I will never do it, although I was probably v close with a number of players, such as Yorke and his ilk.

I think it is a little different with Brown as he is the single worst forward with the ball at his feet, that I have possibly seen at Ewood. All fans are frustrated at Lambert's rank inability to source a single, more effective player in the window. It was WEAK managenent, and poor Browny is paying the heavy price of the fans' ridicule. It is difficult to have zero audible reaction to what happens when the ball arrives at his feet, I challenge any fan not to at least laugh.

I repeat, I did not cheer when he was subbed and I did not join in with the Off Off Off chants, though I did laugh.

I have been able to give him the benefit of the doubt until the MK Dons embarrassment (his and ours).

I now think it is time to replace him with Watt and/or Jackson, if only because they are not dreading the ball arriving anywhere below head height, because Browny surely is.

He is not worth the best part of a million quid a year and Lambert should not have engineered a situation where he had to be our 1st choice striker.

It's not fair on him, or us.

So, in this and the Chis Taylor professional capitulation, I don't think we can be too harsh on the fans.

In most other booing our own player instances, I agree that it is brainless.

Agree there garnersfags, I can't say I've heard booing of individual players recently. I was discussing it with my brother and we agreed that in Brown's case it's simply the cumulation of thousands of people vocally reacting in near enough the exact same way at the exact same time. Nothing more sinister than that. Not as if the entire ground engineered the chorus of cheers when he was subbed. Just near everyone's natural reaction I guess. I did cringe when it happened a few weeks back, though I find the 'off off off' chants humorous more than anything. There will no doubt be a few who sing sarcastic songs and I haven't joined in, but it is only a small minority.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does make me laugh when managers say they've never ever heard fans booing their own before, yada yada.

Just look at the absolute dog's abuse Villa players have been getting from their own fans. Poor old Gestede probably wishes he had it as 'bad' as Brown.

This had better be good!

Fought through the misery that is the M60 from Chadderton to Bolton, bite to eat and straight out.

The chap who sits next to me is coming over from Bradford!

Come on Rovers, send us home happy!!

Rovers 2-0, Brown and Graham.....Rhodes sent off.

You make a good point, there is no team in the championship thats a cert winnable game, by all accounts Burmley although won in the end where very lucky to win at Bolton Bottom of the league and thats from Bumley fans i work with, Yes we have been shafted for years, but there is light at the end of the tunnel albeit a glimmer, i for one wont boo or jeer any of our players from here on in no matter how @#/? they play, lets get to the end of the season and see what transpires.

Dingles seem to be winning a lot of games they did not "deserve" to. Let's hope that trend reverses. 3 points tonight then on to the turd.

Its quite clear that Lambert, and probably the majority of the team, are appalled by the treatment given to Brown on Saturday. We face a tough enough job convincing our better players to stay at the club and decent new ones to join (Gomez). Listening to that diatribe on Saturday will have done the club no favours whatsoever going forward.

Lambert is probably wondering what the hell he has got himself in for.

Who could blame someone like Gomez if he turned round and said 'thanks for the offer of a permanent stay, but I'd prefer to play somewhere where the fans get behind all the team and don't target one player for individual abuse during the game'. I certainly wouldn't blame him.

I'm sure it would go more like "they are paying me more".

Its quite clear that Lambert, and probably the majority of the team, are appalled by the treatment given to Brown on Saturday. We face a tough enough job convincing our better players to stay at the club and decent new ones to join (Gomez). Listening to that diatribe on Saturday will have done the club no favours whatsoever going forward.

Lambert is probably wondering what the hell he has got himself in for.

Who could blame someone like Gomez if he turned round and said 'thanks for the offer of a permanent stay, but I'd prefer to play somewhere where the fans get behind all the team and don't target one player for individual abuse during the game'. I certainly wouldn't blame him.

If i was Gomez i would be asking where i went wrong in my life playing in a team with Chris Brown?

Think if i was playing and Chris Brown was being picked i would hope the crowd would boo then hopefully might get to play with a better player??

If fans where boo'ing decent players then i think it might put a decent player off.

If i was Gomez i would be asking where i went wrong in my life playing in a team with Chris Brown?

Think if i was playing and Chris Brown was being picked i would hope the crowd would boo then hopefully might get to play with a better player??

If fans where boo'ing decent players then i think it might put a decent player off.

Did you think about any of that before you wrote it? Never read such @#/?!

• Backroom

Rhodes starts and Watt starts

#rovers team: Steele, Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr, Lenihan, Grimes, Akpan, Gomez, Watt, Graham.

Just on the train back up from London for this game.

Please get behind Brownie and cut out the pathetic booing.

Thank you.

you weren't even at the game on Saturday. No booing... just frustration. Your mate's not starting, anyways

• Backroom

We struggle to break teams down when they sit back, them going attacking means we may get a few chances at the other end.

Rhodes goal is a formality though.

Booing a player is totally unproductive and should never happen unless they do something on the pitch that is contra to the team.

It just tends to show the lack of class and appreciation of some supporters.

It must have been a great boost for MK Dons to hear that.

Appreciation for what? Scoring 0 in 33 or the bare minimum levels of "putting himself about a bit". Brown is taking home half a million a year and the return we're seeing from that is laughable.

In an ideal world brown wouldn't be mocked by his own fans as it probably is counter productive but in that ideal world he would also be no where near our first team even as we are.

But in one way I'm glad the team and individuals get pelters when they deserve it, it shows there's some people left with standards. Brown and others fall well short of that.

Archived