BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro Match Thread

den

No preview up yet, so I thought I'd do another less than comprehensive piece.

I reckon this is going to be a tough one. Boro won't be caught out by us this time and I reckon the hard schedule will tell on rovers. Playing this high tempo game is bound to take its toll. Will Marshall be fit - bloomin' hope so. Will Brown start - if not who else have we got that can make an impact - Jackson seems to do more as a sub, while Watt has shown nothing much yet?

All We need to say about Boro is that they're a good side, are near the top and have signed Rhodes. Will our ex lead us a merry dance?

Don't do predictions.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purely on the basis that we aren't going down, I would play an under strength team. (insert your own joke here I suppose!).

We get £2 million if Boro get promoted and it also keeps the first team fresh for the local derby game on Saturday, not to mention it would wind the Dingles up no end!

Purely on the basis that we aren't going down, I would play an under strength team. (insert your own joke here I suppose!).

We get £2 million if Boro get promoted and it also keeps the first team fresh for the local derby game on Saturday.

Interesting way of looking at it although the thrashing of our under strength team by West Ham only changed slightly to a narrow defeat by Derby when the main men came back. It it's damage limitation v Bumley then that maybe the way to but for me let's try and win them both. Anything less than 100% in either of these will result in a real thumping I reckon.

Having said that I think we are in for a hard night v Boro anyway.

Rovers 1 Boro 3

Hanley x2 for you know who

Interesting way of looking at it although the thrashing of our under strength team by West Ham only changed slightly to a narrow defeat by Derby when the main men came back. It it's damage limitation v Bumley then that maybe the way to but for me let's try and win them both. Anything less than 100% in either of these will result in a real thumping I reckon.

Having said that I think we are in for a hard night v Boro anyway.

Rovers 1 Boro 3

Hanley x2 for you know who

I'd happily take a pounding off Boro if it improved our chances against that other lot (I realise football doesn't work like that and my suggestion is mainly tongue in cheek)

• Backroom

If we had lost or drawn on Saturday this game would be a nervy one; as it is it will likely be seen as another bonus match and be a comfortable loss.

Karanka has basically said Rhodes is starting, he said he knows our weaknesses and wait and see if he starts.

For us Brown can't start after Saturday I would think Grimes will start with Gomez behind Graham.

2-0 loss Rhodes with both!

I went to the boro away game the other week and I thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle of Hanley at his most fearsome, tearing around after Rhodes during the latter's brief spell on the pitch.

I would love Rhodes to start as I'm certain Grant will have him in his pocket. Could be entertaining!

Hmmm, got close with my last prediction so here goes:

Rovers 4 Boro 4 - Rhodes will score one for each team.

Att. 28694

Marriage proposal at HT

Dashboard warning of icy conditions on the way home.

I would put money on the last line of your post

I truly hope that our CBs do a number on Jordan and he doesn't score. He scored well for us and was very well paid to do that ...now he's gone and I cannot recall him being in any way heroic....my posting record will show that I was a long term supporter of his but that's history just like him.

Rovers to win 2-1

I am optimistic about this one.

To me, M'boro are a boring and methodical side who very rarely put teams to the sword. For example, they haven't scored more than 3 goals in a league match this season which is very surprising for a team that's been around the top 3 all season. In a recent run of 6 games, they scored just 1 goal in each of 3 matches and failed to score in the other 3.

Grant will frighten Rhodes to death and put him in his pocket.

A surprising win to Rovers by 2 or 3 goals to 1.

To me, M'boro are a boring and methodical side who very rarely put teams to the sword. For example, they haven't scored more than 3 goals in a league match this season which is very surprising for a team that's been around the top 3 all season. In a recent run of 6 games, they scored just 1 goal in each of 3 matches and failed to score in the other 3.

Like Burnley and Hull they are managed by a former defender and their 'success' is built on a strong, reliable and consistent defence. Get ahead in the game and they will struggle. Fall behind and they will have us exactly where they want us and will be able to see the game out comfortably like Hull did the other week.

I'm not comfortable with our league position and points tally and don't subscribe to the theory that we are already safe. Another 10 points and then I'll relax, and the sooner we get them on the board the better for my sanity and preparations for next season to get underway.

Sooner or later we are going to have to discover a way to beat the better sides in this league and spring a surprise win or two, because we haven't done yet this season. The best side we have beat were Ipswich at home and they are hardly a quality side. Other than that wins against MK Dons, Bristol City, Rotherham, Preston, Charlton, Leeds and Fulham doesn't read well.

Our weakness is against quick, aggressive forwards, so I don't get the point of Karanka starting Rhodes?

We conceded two goals to a much weaker MK Dons side. Chances often fall to opposition strikers as our players are prone to lapses in concentration and that is when Rhodes is at his best. I'd fancy him to put one past Steele if given opportunity.

How much have you got on Boro MM

:D

• Backroom

Boro haven't been in great form recently, but then we haven't been in remotely decent form the entire season. Think we could get a draw out of this one. I'll be atypically optimistic and predict a 1-1.

Archived