BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

PR not AV, and much water has passed under the bridge since then. It may bring about a government that caters for all, rather than its core vote.

The Tories bought off the liberals by giving them a vote on AV, can't see it being an option again anytime soon Baz.

Barely 24 hours on the economic repercussions have started with Ford announcing possible jobs cuts and Ryanair cancelling planned investment in Britain in favour of Germany.

This story will go on for years.

The Tories destroyed industry in this country in 70's and 80's, the EU did nothing to help. What you're seeing today and in the coming weeks and months will be nowhere near what Thatcher and her government did back then.

Camerons royally p1ssed off, forced to resign, and Gideon nowhere to be seen, devastsed the two them, take some satisfaction from that at least Jim.

What those 2 have done to the poorest in society is criminal, and I know it could get worse, far worse, but enjoy that for what it is at least.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watch newsnight last night?

Meanwhile ........

The UK has had its credit rating outlook downgraded to "negative" by the ratings agency Moody's after the country voted to leave the EU. Moody's said the result would herald "a prolonged period of uncertainty".

All this for what exactly?

Yep, saw it. Evan Davies gave him a hard time.

All for what ? Nothing - that's what except "taking back control" which we had anyway. The country has basically shot itself in the foot.

Remember Jim. The "Great" was put in Britain long before the EU existed. We flourished before and will do so again.

So why destroy it - which is what we have done.

We have a political crisis, and a coming constituitional and economic crisis - and it's all unnecessary and self-inflcted.

The Tories destroyed industry in this country in 70's and 80's, the EU did nothing to help. What you're seeing today and in the coming weeks and months will be nowhere near what Thatcher and her government did back then.

Camerons royally p1ssed off, forced to resign, and Gideon nowhere to be seen, devastsed the two them, take some satisfaction from that at least Jim.

What those 2 have done to the poorest in society is criminal, and I know it could get worse, far worse, but enjoy that for what it is at least.

The economic effects will be similar gav - we've basically volunteered to make ourselves poorer.

Cameron and Osborne are both finished - and history won't be kind to either as to what they have done to this country.

But in terms of attacks on the poor the Tory right wing is now in control - you ain't seen nothing yet.

The remain abuse on Facebook has me embarrassed for the people giving it out . They want democracy but call the ones who voted idiots , turds , keaners etc .

Hang your heads and accept the result or do you want a dictatorship ?

A bit like calling someone who says anything positive about the Rovers a Venky Lover then?

The economic effects will be similar gav - we've basically volunteered to make ourselves poorer.

Cameron and Osborne are both finished - and history won't be kind to either as to what they have done to this country.

But in terms of attacks on the poor the Tory right wing is now in control - you ain't seen nothing yet.

You could well be right Jim, its a bit ironic that the very people that have probably taken us out of Europe are the ones that will be hit hardest by the ring wing Tories.

All that said I'm not sure its a given, I'd like to think that if the Tories target the poorest in society again, those voters will come out again and get rid of the swines, maybe I'm expecting to much.

Yep, saw it. Evan Davies gave him a hard time.

All for what ? Nothing - that's what except "taking back control" which we had anyway. The country has basically shot itself in the foot.

So why destroy it - which is what we have done.

We have a political crisis, and a coming constituitional and economic crisis - and it's all unnecessary and self-inflcted.

Jim. Do you genuinely believe trade with Europe will cease? Do you really believe trade agreements we have now will just disappear? Are we leaving NATO? Do you genuinely think that we will be unable to travel and work in mainland Europe? We have taken the 1st steps towards self determination(without interference from a bloated, faceless regime in Brussels) in around 43 years. We do NOT require membership of a failing club to succeed. We have built all that is Great about Britain without the aid of the EU. We always have been a Great Britain and will continue to be so.

97905329_BRISTOL_ENGLAND_-_MAY_14__Conse

Asked by ITV's Good Morning Britain whether he could guarantee that the £350m that was sent to the EU would now go the NHS, Mr Farage said: “No I can’t, I would never have made that claim.

"That was one of the mistakes made by the Leave campaign.”

There are people out there who genuinely believed the £350m a week figure and that it was going to be spent on the NHS. The BBC, Sky News, they had people being interviewed on television saying that was the primary reason they voted for a Leave result. What are they going to make of this and the other false promises to come?

We always have been a Great Britain and will continue to be so.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Great Britain will never be the same again, and in all likelihood will cease to exist.

The perfect storm required for Scottish independence is upon us.

There are people out there who genuinely believed the £350m a week figure and that it was going to be spent on the NHS. The BBC, Sky News, they had people being interviewed on television saying that was the primary reason they voted for a Leave result. What are they going to make of this and the false promises to come?

Thats not the reason why people voted to leave Ribble.

Daves claim in the Tory manifesto that he'd get immigration down to 'the tens of thousands' was a blatant lie, impossible whilst we remained in the EU, thats the reason why most people voted to leave.

As I understand it, the £350m is set aside for the EU, so can't be used for anything else, sits in our bank, but in reality we only give £110m a week in real terms, but I've not researched that, its what I heard during the campaign.

We actually give me them more than £110m but get some back, but this can only be spent on certain things, its restricted by EU rules, or was.

Your politics differ to me Gav but I think your right. I hope we spend on high end engineering skill training in the North. Probably won't though as its not sexy.

Unfortunately neo-liberalism derides such industries and would prefer you to embrace a post-industrial 'services' economy...which in reality is a return to 19th Century England whereby the 99% provide services for the 1%.

If you want to live in a modern industrial state you have to move to Germany, South Korea, Japan or even China.

ClvYCUTWEAA8UC0.jpg

We're better than Europe always have been always will be, they know it, it's why they hate us. With project fear still alive and kicking we've forgotten it but hopefully one day we'll remember. An unelected undemocratic body in Brussels residing over our future. Nah not for me. We taught them what a single market was and how it worked. Then they went forward without any democratic mandate to make a superstate and who knows where they would take us in the future. Sod them.

http://richmedia.lse.ac.uk/publiclecturesandevents/20160608_1830_theCaseForBrexit

If anyone interested a long (very long) lecture but intelligently explains all the good points about leaving...

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Great Britain will never be the same again, and in all likelihood will cease to exist.

The perfect storm required for Scottish independence is upon us.

You're right in the sense we can't go back. But do you really believe we can't move forward and claim our place in the world without the EU? 5th largest economy in the world, membership of G7 will remain, trade agreements stay in place. You do us a disservice if you believe us to be incapable of making our way with out having our hand held by Brussels.

You're right in the sense we can't go back. But do you really believe we can't move forward and claim our place in the world without the EU? 5th largest economy in the world, membership of G7 will remain, trade agreements stay in place. You do us a disservice if you believe us to be incapable of making our way with out having our hand held by Brussels.

That is absolutely not what I said. I made no comment about whether all this was a good or bad thing going forward, but 'Great Britain' as we know it is coming to the end of its days, for now.

You are spot on, it is also the reason why Sturgeon is strutting around Scotland like a Queen.

If Labour hadn't lost it in Scotland they would still be an effective opposition.

A dangerous woman is that bitch. She has Thatcher 2 written all over her.

On a personal note I just realised that Brexit has thrown a slight spanner in the works of my grand plan of moving to Wokingham in Berkshire when I'm older and working for the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting.

He'll never be a leader Gav.

He's just about old labour values of human rights, workers rights and public ownership. Not that there's anything wrong with that, there isn't, - but the country needs a leader with the vision to move us forwards in a modern world. Someone with new ideas, not old ones. Someone who believes in taking business with him, while at the same time making sure that all levels of society benefit from any progress. The problem is, that task just got a whole lot harder. I do believe though, that the country would back that person whichever party he came from, - but that man definitely isn't Corbyn.

You may be a little idealistic there Den. If that person existed I would certainly vote for him/her, whichever party they represented.

Stocks around the world have fallen sharply today - just the start of a downward correction as markets adjust to the new uncertainty. Sterling is at a 30-year low.

Uk house builders shares have remarkably fallen 20 to 25 per cent in one day in anticipation of the the housing market entering a substantial correction. Estate agents around the country are reporting deals have been called off or falling through as buyers pull out.

Lower housing activity usually leads to lower economic activity so I wouldn't be surprised to see falling GDP and a possible recession by the end of the year. Manufacturers will struggle to make headway with all the uncertainty about new trade and tariff rules

So day one of Brexit and everyone who has investments, pensions, savings is already substantially worse off .

It's a new era all right that will leave the country poorer and weaker.

The stock market has already started to bounce back and will continue to do so. Yesterday morning was a perfect time to invest and it's still pretty good even now.

So the FTSE actually ends the week with a GAIN. BBC were all over the drop this morning, not really so keen a reporting an impressive recovery.

This.

That is absolutely not what I said. I made no comment about whether all this was a good or bad thing going forward, but 'Great Britain' as we know it is coming to the end of its days, for now.

Great Britain will always be Great Britain as that is the Island that most of us live on. The United Kingdom on the other hand, well that's another story.

The stock market has already started to bounce back and will continue to do so. Yesterday morning was a perfect time to invest and it's still pretty good even now.

UK stocks close the week +2.356%, their best weekly performance in 4 months. Yes, you read that correctly.

Reuters Chief Markets correspondent

Great Britain will always be Great Britain as that is the Island that most of us live on. The United Kingdom on the other hand, well that's another story.

glad you corrected that. It's been annoying me for ages that people seem to think the great describes character rather than geographical size.

A petition calling for a second referendum on EU membership has amassed nearly 1 million signatures.

Set up by William Oliver Healey in November, the petition says: ""We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum."

The site is operational now but was hit by a series of crash as people rushed to sign up in the aftermath of the Brexit result

A petition calling for a second referendum on EU membership has amassed nearly 1 million signatures.

Set up by William Oliver Healey in November, the petition says: ""We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum."

The site is operational now but was hit by a series of crash as people rushed to sign up in the aftermath of the Brexit result

Serious question Jim, are you in favour of compulsory voting, with fines for not voting? then there can be no questions of results.

People really think the day after the referendum is the only economic day to be concerned about? The stock market rallied because Carney is ready to pump £250 billion into it, let's see how the weeks and months play out before we say either way what the economic repercussions will be. We were never going to go into a recession straight away if it indeed does happen, it doesn't work like that.

I think it's perfectly fair that the rest of Europe want to see this resolved more quickly and get the process started asap. The UK has voted out and therefore should abide by the result and start the process, instead by the sounds of it Leavers don't have a plan whatsoever and are now talking about next year possibly maybe even longer before we sign article 50. This will create further instability all across Europe especially economically so no wonder they want to get the process started.

I can't see there being another referendum but this whole campaign and result has brought up a lot of bad blood between different parts of society. The youth of the country in particular feel betrayed (even though they should have gone out there and voted for remain) we could see some major repercussions and divides for decades to come.

At the end of the day what's done is done, the country made its choice now it has to find a way to live with it.

The EU mob really don't like democracy. No class. Dummies well and truly out. This petition could get 16,141,241 signatures but the majority 17,410,742 have already spoken. Welcome back to democracy. Like an ordinary general election if things don't go the way you want you suck it up and deal with it.

Archived