BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Paul, I think what we are seeing is fear from the Brexiters. They are clearly concerned that an EU exit isn't happening immediately, and it could take a months, possibly even years, to invoke Article 50. And that's if it happens at all. Brexiters are forgetting that a referendum is not binding. It does NOT have to happen. The longer this drags on, the more tetchy they are going to get, and we can already see this as we speak. This stuff about being undemocratic because people are protesting and speaking out against the result is utter bunkum. Being labelled "fascists" and "scum" on here by someone who then aggressively tells Bremainers they have no right to protest. Oh, the irony. You couldn't make it up.

Biggest load of opinionated rubbish I have read in a while (apart from Jim and Philipl)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Says he's 'done his bit'

There's no point to UKIP now that we've left the EU, they'll most likely file back into the Conservatives now they got what they set out to do.

Farage stepped down

The guys spent the last 15/20yrs trying to make the UK independent, job done I'd say, probably done more than the vast majority of prime ministers ever have to change the political landscape, whether you believe it to be good or bad.

I'll never vote UKIP myself, but the Farage approach to politics has been refreshing, yes he's said some daft things, but he's also told many home truths that everyone knows but no politician will ever say, and thats been refreshing.

If you're over 35 but under 65 you aren't allowed to say anything positive about Farage without being classed a racist or a bigot by this lot. But these people who have been telling us Farage talks absolute bunkum, racist, bigot, they never listen to Farage and never would, are now quoting Farage all of a sudden:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way" said Farage

Hypocritical? or democracy only when it suits?

The guys spent the last 15/20yrs trying to make the UK independent, job done I'd say, probably done more than the vast majority of prime ministers ever have to change the political landscape, whether you believe it to be good or bad.

I'll never vote UKIP myself, but the Farage approach to politics has been refreshing, yes he's said some daft things, but he's also told many home truths that everyone knows but no politician will ever say, and thats been refreshing.

If you're over 35 but under 65 you aren't allowed to say anything positive about Farage without being classed a racist or a bigot but this lot. But these people who have been telling us Farage talks absolute bunkum, racist, bigot, they never listen to Farage and never would, are now quoting Farage all of a sudden:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way" said Farage

Hypocritical? or democracy only when it suits?

As far as some are concerned it is unfinished business, you know the type, hysterical doomsayers that predicted the end of the economy, world war three, end of jollies trecking around the EU allocating money hard earned by Joe public, Oh and the real kicker, those who only like democracy when the result is what they wanted.

Junker under even more presure to go, I just read this 'However there is no mechanism for removing a European Commission president', it was in the dailymail so large pinch of salt. Does anyone know if that is right?

Junker under even more presure to go, I just read this 'However there is no mechanism for removing a European Commission president', it was in the dailymail so large pinch of salt. Does anyone know if that is right?

It could well be correct, that is why I refer to him as Sepp Juncker

Biggest load of opinionated rubbish I have read in a while (apart from Jim and Philipl)

Fact: The EU exit is not happening immediately. It's clear that even the Brexit politicians think that we should take time to negotiate!

Fact: The referendum is not binding. There may be anarchy if an exit doesn't go ahead but, since any block of an exit would be Parliament's doing, I will consider branding all people who rebel against our democratically elected government's decision as undemocratic, possibly fascist, and most definitely scum. ^_^

The fact that you think it's opinionated rubbish must mean I'm thinking along the right lines at least. :tu:

Bunkum.

Job done, move on i'd say pg.

Where is the political leadership to carry through the results of the plebiscite?

I can have a plebiscite asking people if they'd like to have holidays on Mars and make beer free. But if you don't any political leadership to actually make it happen, what's the point?

Brexit was a funny idea and a nice way to stick it to the professional political classes..but there isn't a single political leader who actually wants to carry it out :blink:

Rubbish. You lost. Take it on the chin and move on.

Well that's the point. There is no one who wants to 'move on' and get it done is there?

Personally I think the England should leave the EU ASAP. You can have another plebiscite in 10 years time to see if you want to come back.

But the whole thing Brexit campaign seems to be, from the arse end of the world, a monumental stuff-up.

Where is the political leadership to carry through the results of the plebiscite?

I can have a plebiscite asking people if they'd like to have holidays on Mars and make beer free. But if you don't any political leadership to actually make it happen, what's the point?

Brexit was a funny idea and a nice way to stick it to the professional political classes..but there isn't a single political leader who actually wants to carry it out :blink:

Well that's the point. There is no one who wants to 'move on' and get it done is there?

There is at least 3 vying for it in the Tory leadership contest, where do you get no one from ?

• Moderation Lead

Exactly PG. I wish the political leaders that fought for Brexit would help us to move on and get on with invoking article 50. Instead of this stupid halfway in/halfway out purgatory at the minute. It's like they've been on a massive session on the booze ever since and can't be bothered dealing with the consequences so they keep going out on the lash again. Sooner or later, the people paid to make these decisions will do the unthinkable and make some decisions!!

It's not like MPs aren't being paid a good old wedge with expenses to make these decisions is it?!

Personally I think the England should leave the EU ASAP. You can have another plebiscite in 10 years time to see if you want to come back.

But the whole thing Brexit campaign seems to be, from the arse end of the world, a monumental stuff-up.

Sounds like you are talking through it as well

Exactly PG. I wish the political leaders that fought for Brexit would help us to move on and get on with invoking article 50. Instead of this stupid halfway in/halfway out purgatory at the minute. It's like they've been on a massive session on the booze ever since and can't be bothered dealing with the consequences so they keep going out on the lash again. Sooner or later, the people paid to make these decisions will do the unthinkable and make some decisions!!

It's not like MPs aren't being paid a good old wedge with expenses to make these decisions is it?!

Maybe they are playing for time while the EU sack Juncker

There is at least 3 vying for it in the Tory leadership contest, where do you get no one from ?

Three B-grade losers. Why didn't Boris Johnson triumphantly celebrate the Brexit victory? Why didn't he contest the Tory party leadership?

Three B-grade losers. Why didn't Boris Johnson triumphantly celebrate the Brexit victory? Why didn't he contest the Tory party leadership?

Did you vote in the referendum ?

Ah, so you fail to answer my question.

I think England should leave the EU as that's what the majority want but I now believe it won't happen. The Tories will fart about for a few years and by the 2020 election PM Corbyn will cancel the leaving process. The EU itself will look vastly different in four years anyway.

Ah, so you fail to answer my question.

I think England should leave the EU as that's what the majority want but I now believe it won't happen. The Tories will fart about for a few years and by the 2020 election PM Corbyn will cancel the leaving process. The EU itself will look vastly different in four years anyway.

You didn't answer mine as well.

The EU will be different in a few years, I think that is a given.

All the potential candidates for the Tory leadership have given time scales for article 50 to be activated by the way.

Corbyn will never PM of the UK, you are dreaming on that one.

As for celebrations, why is that a problem for you ? triumphalism is soo yesterday ;)

It is not England leaving the EU, it is the UK.

• Backroom

The Leave campaign, imv at least, never expected to win. Now that they have, they have no clue how to move forward or fulfill the promises made, as they never expected they would have to actually deal with such a scenario. Chaotic.

The Leave campaign, imv at least, never expected to win. Now that they have, they have no clue how to move forward or fulfill the promises made, as they never expected they would have to actually deal with such a scenario. Chaotic.

It's down to the government to run the country.

The person responsible for no plan in case of a leave vote is David Cameron.

People like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36676558 will save the day though

Farage, like Johnson, is a destructive type of person. He spends all his life fighting something with no idea of what he wants to replace it with. A real clown and a total waste who with Cameron and Johnson has damaged the country. He'll probably retire to the Continent he hates with his German wife.

Meanwhile, PMI figures from the construction sector show the sector falling at its fastest rate since the financial crisis - another example of the economy going down the pan.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-construction-housing-crash-financial-crisis-pmi-markit-eu-referendum-brexit-a7118851.html

Archived