BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles Vs Rovers Match Thread

Aw well that's football I suppose,put in a decent performance but no end product and a costly mistake at the other end.

I too thought Gomez was fouled in there box before the whistle went at full time,but that's our luck at the minute.

On to Birmingham at home now and a good three points to see us nearer safety.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's life.

Onwards to the bigger derby game: Rovers v Preston.

$hit! I'd almost forgotten about that.

Maybe the season isn't 100% over after all.

We still have our biggest derby game to come. When the mighty sh©it(t)y of Preston roll into town.

• Moderation Lead

You started it pal.

Give me a chance to calm down.

Leave it out chaps. Emotions are running high, can imagine how this would irritate you both, but best to leave it eh?

It was a tepid affair by usual standards but I think a lot of the gloss has been taken off the game now that we've played each other five times in three years, and the 35 year hoodoo is over. The game also lacked that one moment to kick things off.

A hardworking performance with lots of energy and enthusiasm, but unfortunately very little quality. Although, even then we should have had a penalty in the last seconds to even it up.

As good as Danny Graham was in midweek, he was poor today and should have been replaced by Jackson for the last 20 mins or so.

Gomez was anonymous again, just as against Boro in the week - tbh I've been disappointed in him since he arrived. He has obvious quality, as the freekick against MK Dons proves, but doesn't seem hungry enough to get on the ball and has yet, in the games I've seen him play, to really impose himself and run the game for us.

I thought Elliott Bennett did ok - he's beginning to win me over after I was critical of him initially, although I do still believe we need better if we are to progress next season.

Watt also did ok when he came on, and made a difference in terms of us keeping the ball in their half.

Overall though, as I said before, we huffed and puffed, but we really do suffer from a lack of quality. We could really do with a midfielder, or two, who can carry the ball as, Marshall aside, we just don't have anyone who does this, which results in the aimless balls played forward that we see endlessly.

Every single ball hitting the first man, poor quality. Conway would have been perfect to bring on, as he can at least cross a ball, can't understand why he's not getting a look in.

Duffy - liability as always

The "play for a thrown-I " tactic is tiring, it never works and we lose the ball every time.

Conway can't beat the first man either.

Good effort by the lads today! If you Ignore the fact it was the derby, Burnley were clinging on for most that second half. The ref bottled it big style at the end, especially when we should have had a penalty.

Disappointment aside, I think we'll be force to be reckoned with next season, providing Lambert gets his own way in summer (regarding transfers). Onwards and upwards!

Yes, JR might have been the last player to score at Turf Moor, however, if he had scored any one of the six clear cut chances he had back in October, then today's loss wouldn't be such a bitter pill! He was ridiculously poor for such a vaunted striker.

Conway can't beat the first man either.

Good effort by the lads today! If you Ignore the fact it was the derby, Burnley were clinging on for most that second half. The ref bottled it big style at the end, especially when we should have had a penalty.

Disappointment aside, I think we'll be force to be reckoned with next season, providing Lambert gets his own way in summer (regarding transfers). Onwards and upwards!

Aside from the final ball, I thought we looked a better team than Burnley today. We're going in the right direction. We're working harder than at any point in the last fourish years, defending well, the midfield dominated theirs and the link up play throughout the side was very good. Back Lambert in the summer and we can be fighting for promotion next season.

good performance, if we can match the supposed best team in the league we can definitely challenge next season, refreshing to see a manage make tactical changes as opposed to bowyers changing for the sake of it, we just need a nww keeper, left back, a goal scorer and a combative midfielder to play alongside Gómez, I like the look of graham.

Gomez and Grimes made little impression and looked weak, lacking in application, particularly Gomez.. For players who are both supposed to have a "sweet left foot", their crosses and free kicks were consistently abysmal, failing to clear the first man. On this showing I doubt there will be much competition for Gomez's signature in the summer and it certainly was not a performance that would persuade Allardyce to retain him even in the Championship.

As good as Danny Graham was in midweek, he was poor today

I had to read this twice to make sure I had read it correctly. I thought Graham was excellent again and everyone on my coach who I've spoken to agrees. Virtually every single ball that was played up to him (whatever the height, whoever was marking him) stuck to him. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an occasion when he lost the ball. Also worked tirelessly once again.

I really hope we still have him next season.

I had to read this twice to make sure I had read it correctly. I thought Graham was excellent again and everyone on my coach who I've spoken to agrees. Virtually every single ball that was played up to him (whatever the height, whoever was marking him) stuck to him. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an occasion when he lost the ball. Also worked tirelessly once again.

I really hope we still have him next season.

I thought I was watching a different game. I too though Graham was a stand out performer today. If we had someone alongside him to knock them in the net, and a midfield supporting him better I think we could be onto something. If there was one massive bit of progression that we've made recently it's holding the ball up upfront.

Gutted we lost that game today. We were the best team today.

we should have had clear penalty in the last minute.

Thought our set pieces were awful and our final ball simply not good enough But we controlled the game throughout the game.

Aside from the final ball, I thought we looked a better team than Burnley today. We're going in the right direction. We're working harder than at any point in the last fourish years, defending well, the midfield dominated theirs and the link up play throughout the side was very good. Back Lambert in the summer and we can be fighting for promotion next season.

agreed totally.

Lambert is building a side for promotion and he needs the owners backing this summer otherwise we wont get promotion next season

Decent performance outside of either penalty box but completely toothless upfront and a lack of concentration and moment of madness from Duffy for the penalty.

No communication whatsoever between Steele and the two centre backs, both of whom have had better days.

Steele dived out of the way before Gray took the penalty presenting him with an empty net.

Still a long way short of being able to challenge next season imo but as four of the guys who were on the pitch today were loanees next seasons starting line up may bear little resemblance to today's anyway.

Archived