BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City At Home

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Graham was a well deserved MOTM, also thought Corry Evans was very good today. I know Evans has his doubters but it was a tenacious display from him, snappy in the tackle, won a myriad of 50/50's and didn't allow the Brum midfield any time on the ball, very good DM on his day. Enjoyed another Simeon Jackson cameo tonight as well, he hasn't scored yet but I'm rooting for him, funny how a bit of pace can strike fear in many defences near the end of the game, if he can keep it up I honestly wouldn't mind extending his contract (Bench option).

We'll put that down to the strong pain killers your probably on :lol:

We've been there and done that and now we are finally moving forwards, let's not take a step back......

Playing devil's advocate none of us know how much of a difference Lambert might make to Lowe's play - he did play in roughly the same position. I suspect he'll take a look at him at the very least in the latter stages of the season.

I held off going on that Lambert thread, I once went on and saw some plain ridiculous name calling of him that made my blood boil... What are these people saying now? You know who you are. I'm not trying to poison the mood or anything but i think it's only right that people get called out for acting like impatient school children and then not giving the manager praise when the team is performing well and getting points.

PLBWA

A proper home performance that, dominant for pretty much the whole game.

More than that though we showed a great mentality to play like that after the disappointment of Saturday. Plenty of labore and a sprinkling of arte, could we finally be on an upward curve?

Another good performance with Graham rightly getting MOM, he does so much stuff that we've been missing.

Watt looked a yard quicker tonight and is showing real threat and scored a good goal.

Hanley looked a little uncertain first half but came good in the second.

Big mention for Steele who had another good game.

Lenihan was superb, must be first on team sheet in midfield.

Gomez was quiet again and was subbed before the unpredictable ref sent him off.

We look a different side to pre-Christmas, the team has passion, industry and skill.

Well done Rovers, bring on dirty Leeds!!

Really enjoyed tonight game and I've seen us win 2 out of 2 games I've been. Must get a season ticket again come summer.

Another special mention from me for Steele tonight. Handling was spot on, kicking is much improved and aside from a breakdown in communication with Hanley first half, did everything that he should have done.

Graham immense - again. Duffy and Hanley bossed everything, Lenihan was quiet but probably down to Big Club being toilet first half. Fabbrini dictated their play once he was introduced at half time but was their only decent player.

Referee was utterly abysmal. I'd want change back if he was paid more than a pound for tonight's showing.

Watt doesn't look match fit but does have a spark about him, looks clumsy at the moment, sharp finish for his goal though

Do we stand any chance of getting him on a permanent?

I recon so, think we'll have that one pretty much done and ready to sign. I've said before, at his age he'll want to be at a club where he's playing regularly and enjoying his football... Which he's doing at Rovers and I don't think he'll want to up sticks and risk a move that doesn't work out and have to look for another club again.

Never really in doubt after the 2 goals and always good to keep a clean sheet too. Watt certainly looked quick tonight chased absolutely everything and looked like he could make something out of seemingly nothing doing so.

Will say it again...aim to go unbeaten at Ewood until season end now!

Playing devil's advocate none of us know how much of a difference Lambert might make to Lowe's play - he did play in roughly the same position. I suspect he'll take a look at him at the very least in the latter stages of the season.

Playing devil's advocate, none of us know what his recent serious injury has done to his body. He could find himself breaking down as he tries to get match fit. He was made to look superhuman alongside Bowyer's set of slouches but now that he will need to get Lambert Fit he may find himself looking less exceptional in that department too. Lowe will need to up his game - if he can, and is mentally and physically up to it, then he may have a place. But, much like Brown, he is a sub to consolidate a game, not impact it.

Never really in doubt after the 2 goals and always good to keep a clean sheet too. Watt certainly looked quick tonight chased absolutely everything and looked like he could make something out of seemingly nothing doing so.

Will say it again...aim to go unbeaten win every game at Ewood until season end now!

:rover:

Certainly has the work rate to be a Lambert player but for me that's all he has and playing the way he normally does would just upset the balance of the team now. The move away from obsession with trying to base the team around defensive mids is one of the most pleasing things of PL's reign so far for me.

Winning two nil tonight with a about 15 ish to go he brings on Jackson who has the pace to still stretch teams late on instead of trying to close up shop after 65 mins. I don't want a return to that type of thing unless it's really necessary although I agree that Lambert will probably be able to get more out of Lowe.

Good performance tonight, extra credit for how hard they worked after they grafted on Saturday too.

This is a very punishing schedule at the moment, and the brunt of it is being borne by only a few players.

4 wins on the bounce at home is impressive stuff too.

Didn't see a weak performance tonight, very happy.

Playing devil's advocate, none of us know what his recent serious injury has done to his body. He could find himself breaking down as he tries to get match fit. He was made to look superhuman alongside Bowyer's set of slouches but now that he will need to get Lambert Fit he may find himself looking less exceptional in that department too. Lowe will need to up his game - if he can, and is mentally and physically up to it, then he may have a place. But, much like Brown, he is a sub to consolidate a game, not impact it.

I disagree Stuart. That's for Lambert to assess, not you or I. The thing about our manager now is he's all about the whole rather than individual players, and if he thinks Lowe fits the bill for his ideas, he'll play him. Just for example he may think Lowe will give Gomez more freedom to do his thing. Clean slate?

Another really good win and some good individual performances but the collective effort is what I admire the most. We look solid, fit, organised and professional. After about an hour I saw Lambert signal for the midfield four to sit a little deeper and not chase unnecessarily, pretty much to play on the break. With the number of games we have played recently and another three coming round soon this made total sense and reaffirmed to me that we at last have a manager who knows what he is doing.

I really hope we can keep this momentum going right up to the end of the season and attract back some of the stay a ways.

Another really good win and some good individual performances but the collective effort is what I admire the most. We look solid, fit, organised and professional. After about an hour I saw Lambert signal for the midfield four to sit a little deeper and not chase unnecessarily, pretty much to play on the break. With the number of games we have played recently and another three coming round soon this made total sense and reaffirmed to me that we at last have a manager who knows what he is doing.

I really hope we can keep this momentum going right up to the end of the season and attract back some of the stay a ways.

Really good to hear Tony. In Lambert we trust.

Recent form has been fantastic - even when we have lost or drawn, the performances have been consistently better (FA Cup to one side) for a long time.

Glad to see a clean sheet today - some credit for us looking right at the weekend against That lot down the road, but still conceded another goal.

Also seems that responsibility for scoring goals is being shared now which is great to see. You'd probably have to go back to Gestede and Rhodes playing together to find the last time two forwards scored in the same match for us.

How did Bennett play tonight? He's been decent recently, much improved from when he started (I thought he was an awful signing at first!).

3, 3, 2 and 2 goals scored at home. 10 goals in 4 games. It's been a while since we've done that too. If we can keep this up and sort our away form out, it'll give the players plenty of confidence to start next season with. Confidence and fitness finally seem to be coming back.

I disagree Stuart. That's for Lambert to assess, not you or I. The thing about our manager now is he's all about the whole rather than individual players, and if he thinks Lowe fits the bill for his ideas, he'll play him. Just for example he may think Lowe will give Gomez more freedom to do his thing. Clean slate?

Clean slate absolutely. But it is fair to say Lowe needs to show a remarkable improvement to win over the doubters. Be great if he could as a home grown player. Don't think anyone can say he doesn't care. For that reason alone it'd be fantastic if he could become the player a previous intoxicated 'manager' said he could become.

Lowe won't get back in this side, he can't play with the intensity and speed needed with the ball. Fundamentally he's just not got the ability and never will have.

He's a marker of where we were not where we are (hopefully) going.

I held off going on that Lambert thread, I once went on and saw some plain ridiculous name calling of him that made my blood boil... What are these people saying now? You know who you are. I'm not trying to poison the mood or anything but i think it's only right that people get called out for acting like impatient school children and then not giving the manager praise when the team is performing well and getting points.

PLBWA

My thoughts exactly.You will find the same posters in the Danny Graham thread writing him off before he had kicked a ball for us.

We really need to keep Graham,he is playing some superb stuff at the moment

Although I agree that we should wait and see how he plays under Lambert, I think Lowe has an incredibly tough task getting into this side. Lenihan has well and truly stepped up to the mark and the additions of Grimes and Gomez will surely put Lowe even further down the list.

His best shot will be pre season in the summer. Gomez and Grimes will be gone and he can get back up to full fitness with a clean slate.

I can't see him playing much/at all this season

Archived