BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Away 19.03.2016

What team are we expecting? what changes would you make?

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr; Bennett, Lenihan, Grimes, Conway; Gomez; Graham

subs:- Raya, Ward, Jackson, Watt, Brown, Mahoney, Akpan

going for 2-1 Rovers win

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have the same team but Watt for Conway. I like Conway but I don't think Lambert is going to pick him much when he plays a diamond in the middle.

Put Watt up front with Graham, he's done alright the last couple he's started but he needs to keep building his fitness up and they can keep working on their partnership together too.

1-1 draw.

Edit - don't think there's any chance of Mahoney being on the bench either, it'll be Henley.

Get back to his strongest team and I think we'll bounce back here with a hard fought win.

Brentford 1 Rovers 2

800ish going down there which is pretty good seeing as there is nowt to play for and on the back of two disappointing results. Hope their efforts are rewarded for once, it's a miracle we have any away followers left after our ridiculous results on the road for years, since the Big Sam days really.

Get back to his strongest team and I think we'll bounce back here with a hard fought win.

Brentford 1 Rovers 2

800ish going down there which is pretty good seeing as there is nowt to play for and on the back of two disappointing results. Hope their efforts are rewarded for once, it's a miracle we have any away followers left after our ridiculous results on the road for years, since the Big Sam days really.

With on the day buyers we'll probably have around 1000 fans there, as you say, considering the years upon years of largely dire away performances, great stuff.

We always seem to get good followings for the London games. If we get above 1,000 for this one it will be a fantastic effort given our position and form away from home. I can't imagine Brentford/QPR/Fulham/Charlton bringing that many to Ewood Park unless they were pushing for promotion.

Big big game. We certainly can't afford to lose it. A draw is never to be sniffed at away from home but we could really do with the win. Its been too long since we won away from home and Brentford are struggling at the moment. Its about time we capitalise on the opposition rather than provide them with an opportunity to get back to winning ways.

• Moderation Lead

Saw a stat in the LT article re the budget, 'only basement club Bolton have a worse away record than Rovers'. Christ, I knew we were bad, but.....

Saw a stat in the LT article re the budget, 'only basement club Bolton have a worse away record than Rovers'. Christ, I knew we were bad, but.....

According to this site (http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=england2&matchid=446&t1=7&t2=3&ly=2016), there are a few other teams in addition to Bolton who have a poorer away record than us. Nevertheless, given that those teams include MK Dons, Charlton and Rotherham, it’s not exactly something to shout about.

The last 8 games form table (at the bottom of the page) makes interesting reading. Rovers are in 8th position and Brentford are the most out of form team in the division with just 4 points from the last 24 available. So, we all know what that means will happen on Saturday…..

Going for an optimistic 1-1. Think it's very possible we'll lose though, especially as Brentford are out of form.

Usually the case, DE. Teams who need a win can rely on Rovers to default the points.

Result will depend on the team picked. Id fancy our strongest line up to win, but if PL decides to give the airy fairy dross another game, we could get a real beating.

I'll wait until the line-up to decide who to bet on.

With 2 goals and 2 points from our last 8 away games you can't be too confident about this. Probably lose 1-0 yet again.

I prefer to look at the "sooner rather than later" theory when it comes to ending poor runs...

Are the idiots going to be there today or not then? Can't see Lambert going over to India (and nor should he) so presumably London (hence the convenience of todays fixture) or that thing called Skype perhaps.

Come on the blue boys today.

Resting the players midweek should pay dividends against Brentford.

Of course, modern sports science doesn't apply to BRFC according to some, 20 regal a day, 10 pints a night, fish and chips every meal and should be able to play 4 games a day, 7 days a week!

Anyway, our team today (taking into consideration that we don't have a LB) MUST be......

Steele

Ward Hanley Duffy

Marshall Grimes

Gomez Lenihan

Bennett

Graham Watt

Rovers 2-0 Graham and Watt COYB

Getting tired of this 'games catching up on them' p!ss poor excuse for non performance.

These are mostly young,very fit and in their prime males,two games of Ninety minutes per week should in no way impact on their performance.They have access to the best recovery aides and techniques in Sports science.

I personally want a win and a performance to boot.....I want these players to look like they give a toss.

:glare:

Getting tired of this 'games catching up on them' p!ss poor excuse for non performance.

These are mostly young,very fit and in their prime males,two games of Ninety minutes per week should in no way impact on their performance.They have access to the best recovery aides and techniques in Sports science.

I personally want a win and a performance to boot.....I want these players to look like they give a toss.

:glare:

Yeah me too. All I ask is when they come off that pitch they've nothing else left to give. If they can't do that then they're cheating the fans and they're cheating themselves. Lack of technical ability is forgivable, lack of effort isn't.

Archived