BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stanley

Stanley have beaten Oxford, Plymouth and Orient (in front of 2,700 yesterday) in the last 10 games. Looks like they have a play off place and could yet get third place with the prospect of going to Horwich Wanderers. Well done Coleman, Bell and Mike Newell (who is coaching)!

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 5

I went on yesterday to get my live football fix. Good crack in truth. Gave Nolan who was playing for orient bit of pain and their keeper who played for the dingles some stick. In our group 8 of us went 4 rovers fans, 2 pne fans, a Leeds fan and a noblot fan. Oddly we were on the concourse such as it is talking to a few Geordies who also picked a random game and travelled down. So out of the 2,700 not sure how many extras on a usual gate were actually Stanley fans.

I went on yesterday to get my live football fix. Good crack in truth. Gave Nolan who was playing for orient bit of pain and their keeper who played for the dingles some stick. In our group 8 of us went 4 rovers fans, 2 pne fans, a Leeds fan and a noblot fan. Oddly we were on the concourse such as it is talking to a few Geordies who also picked a random game and travelled down. So out of the 2,700 not sure how many extras on a usual gate were actually Stanley fans.

550 from Orient so probably 1,000 extra.

550 from Orient so probably 1,000 extra.

A ridiculous piece of fixture planning once again. London to Accrington on Good Friday and similarly Southend were at Rochdale, Wigan at Swindon, Wimbledon at Hartlepool, Carlisle at Yeovil and Crawley at York. My sympathy however goes to Plymouth and their fans who didn't make it to Morecambe.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-35903342

The Football League should be brought to book by their member clubs for their complete disregard for supporters.

• Like 1

It's crazy the distance some of these lower league clubs have to travel.

It's controversial but I'd reduce the prem to 16 teams (stops international players tired excuses), reduce championship to 20 teams to stop sat, tue, sat, tue nonsense, same with league one then have a 20 team division 4 north and south. So have 5 professional smaller leagues. With the surplus teams losing from each league plus teams making up nos from conference which is pretty much professional anyway.

South coast to Carlisle and reverse is stupid.

• Like 1

I was wondering when this Messageboard would wake up and take note of the amazing progress Stanley are making.

Looked like they had blown their chance (and games in hand) with that bad Pompey home defeat and were trailing at home to Plymouth until two extremely late goals turned it around.

Stanley are in with a very real chance of grabbing 3rd and automatic promotion. With the exception of Wycombe away on 30 April, their remaining fixtures are all against bottom half of the table sides starting at Newport County on Monday.

Although Wigan and Oldham look like departing the third division, it looks like Accy will have plenty of local derbies next season if they make promotion- Blackpool, Fleetwood, Bolton, Bury and Rochdale.

• Like 1

I was wondering when this Messageboard would wake up and take note of the amazing progress Stanley are making.

I mentioned them myself the other day. Though that was an email about pre season (moreso about my recent suggestion of playing a major European side) saying what a complete waste of time playing such clubs is.

Anyone know how Darwen are doing? Oh wait...who cares?

Indeed he is. Can be found in the Crown enjoying a pint of Fosters after the match. Arguably the man who scored the most important goal in Rovers 140 year history. Legend.

How do you know that? Did he say hey MCMC I'm enjoying this?

Indeed he is. Can be found in the Crown enjoying a pint of Fosters after the match. Arguably the man who scored the most important goal in Rovers 140 year history. Legend.

I'll never forget the goal at home to Derby in the playoffs where he cut in from the Riverside and bang :tu:

Absolute screamer.

• Like 1

I mentioned them myself the other day. Though that was an email about pre season (moreso about my recent suggestion of playing a major European side) saying what a complete waste of time playing such clubs is.

How do you know that? Did he say hey MCMC I'm enjoying this?.

Edited by MCMC1875

Here's one for you lads, if Stanley were to make it too the play off final do you think you would go down to Wembley? I imagine a few rovers and Burnley fans would go down to support the Stanley, if a few of my mates were up for going down I'd definitely go.

• Like 2

Edited by MCMC1875

I was thinking the same. Does anyone actually truly 'enjoy' a pint of Foster's?

Edited by MCMC1875