BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stanley

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Remember recently when I said this forum needs one rule and one rule only - don't be a d*ck?

Well you are spectacularly failing at that here

• Like 6

I'm more interested in the fortunes of little battling Accy Stanley than plastic Manure. So what's the problem?

Against all the odds still playing and actually prospering this season, results-wise anyway. Came back after being closed down, a true inspiration if we go the same way.

• Like 3

I'm more interested in the fortunes of little battling Accy Stanley than plastic Manure. So what's the problem?

Against all the odds still playing and actually prospering this season, results-wise anyway. Came back after being closed down, a true inspiration if we go the same way.

Its not all about what you might be interested in. The problem was simply Abbey getting upset with me just for mentioning United in the PL thread. Not the first time either he also did the night United played Derby away in the FA Cup. Even though nobody else was playing he berated me for mentioning that. Meanwhile there's a 3 page thread on Accrington he has absolutely no issue with. That's why I reacted by posting on this thread and sarcastically apologising for the United mention. United came back from a plane crash by the way though of course they have been criticised for much since.

I'm more interested in United's (lack of) fortunes and I don't even need to dignify my reasons with a response. What you should be asking 47er is why Abbey felt the need to have a go at me for no justified reason. Yet his mate accuses ME of winding him up? Yes my reaction was over the top but his initial comment was uncalled for.

If you're interested in Accrington so much why not Darwen as well? Hardly anyone cared when Great Harwood Town had major issues either. Accrington still got more attention as a non league club by the way before they reached the Conference AKA National League.

I'm not responding to Abbey, etc anymore so this is the last I'm saying on it. Really it is. Mods please don't delete. Just edit it if you dislike some of the content if you feel the references to Abbey are unreasonable.

Edited by VinjayV4

Well, deep breath, my post was about Stanley which, after all is the heading for the thread!

Your's is all about you, not an unusual occurance I've noticed.

It was no more about Accrington than mine was. It was a retort aimed at me just as my last post in the thread was a response to you.

Well my post was about a PL club playing in the PL and I reacted badly to being insulted over it for no reason. Yeah some of my posts are far too much about myself. That will change.

Deep breath, stop typing Vinjay...at least try to see my point please 47er.

Edited by VinjayV4

I don't know you from Adam Vinjay so excuse me if you think I'm speaking out of turn here, but obsessing over trivial things such as this will do your health no good at all. I honestly mean that with the best will in the world.

Thanks but its actually better now. Can lapse when people blatantly provoke me for no reason though. I appreciate your advice but I'm not going into more detail as people get upset when I refer to personal issues. Never mind that its usually because they make personal assumptions about me in the first place.

Anyway if anyone wants to talk about Accrington then talk about Accrington. Games against them have never done a thing to put Rovers on the map but have no issue if there's a thread. Many people on here do live there too so...

Oh and I should have mentioned Darwen reforming while making reference to Great Harwood's issues.

Edited by VinjayV4

What do you mean "if" there is a thread about Stanley. There is, its called "Stanley"!

And by all means start a thread on Darwen if you want to. Just stick to it, don't bring Jack /Walker Trust/Walker family or Fergy/Man Utd or Abbey or any of the other obsessions you've been bombarding us with since you returned.

Remember your own sentence "its not all about what you might be interested in".

• Like 1

What are the Odds on Accy Stanley getting above us in the League Structure?

And will their average gates be above 2,000 soon?

Last 3 homes games they have had over 2000, and against Leyton Orient on the bank holiday they got 2700 on, I was working there and it was packed. They do a lot and I mean a lot to get fans on and to get the youngsters in the ground.

Last 3 homes games they have had over 2000, and against Leyton Orient on the bank holiday they got 2700 on, I was working there and it was packed. They do a lot and I mean a lot to get fans on and to get the youngsters in the ground.

I wonder how many on here were at their first game after reforming? Accrington Stanley 1968. I was there. Lived just a stones throw.from the.ground. Actually followed Stanley home and away till I was deemed big enough to go to Ewood by myself.

• Backroom

If Stanley go up and Rovers go down then I can see Accy getting an average gate of 3000.

Rovers fans are becoming disillusioned with everything that's going on and Stanley are on the up.

The other thread... 'final straw' if I had a final straw then I still couldn't go without my football fix... Accy is where I would go 110%.

Edited by Madon
  • Like 1

I know Stanley do try very hard to get more people into the ground, but even this season they have been struggling massively for numbers.

The Orient game was on Good Friday when Rovers and Burnley didn't have a game, and Orient took about 700, so there were probably about 700-800 more Stanley fans on than usual which is clearly very important for them but probably not normal. Then the game against Cambridge when they had just over 2000 on but that included a few hundred from Cambridge and then several hundred local football teams who were given tickets in the Coppice End for the game.

Even having been in the top 7 all season Stanley's home gates have rarely got beyond 1300. It just shows what a brilliant job is being done there when they are up against the likes of Portsmouth and Plymouth who get 10,000+ every week.

I know Stanley do try very hard to get more people into the ground, but even this season they have been struggling massively for numbers.

The Orient game was on Good Friday when Rovers and Burnley didn't have a game, and Orient took about 700, so there were probably about 700-800 more Stanley fans on than usual which is clearly very important for them but probably not normal. Then the game against Cambridge when they had just over 2000 on but that included a few hundred from Cambridge and then several hundred local football teams who were given tickets in the Coppice End for the game.

Even having been in the top 7 all season Stanley's home gates have rarely got beyond 1300. It just shows what a brilliant job is being done there when they are up against the likes of Portsmouth and Plymouth who get 10,000+ every week.

Okay this is just a question after my comments, all the debate about venkys not backing Lambert and no money etc, why are they spending quite a small fortune on this 3D pitch thingy at the Darwen end.