BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stanley

Okay this is just a question after my comments, all the debate about venkys not backing Lambert and no money etc, why are they spending quite a small fortune on this 3D pitch thingy at the Darwen end.

Venkys aren't putting a penny towards the new pitch. That is a Community Trust initiative that is funded mainly through grants and various other fundraising initiatives.

All Venkys are doing (if anything) is agreeing to allow for it to be built on the club estate in place of the existing car park, although they probably don't even know that its happening.

Home games against Morecambe, York and Stevenage. All 3 struggling down at the wrong end of the table. York all but relegated already, the other two all but safe with nothing else to play for. Stanley should be getting 9 points on the board, which could be enough given the other teams fixtures. 3 wins and a couple of draws would put Stanley on 85 points, meaning Plymouth would have to win all 5 to overtake them, Bristol Rovers would need at least 13 more points from 15 to overtake them, as would Portsmouth, whilst assuming Oxford can get at least 9 from 15 to stay up there.

The away games at Hartlepool and Wycombe are more difficult. Wycombe in with a chance of the play-offs and Hartlepool in very good form under Hignett although have nothing to play for.

Plymouth go to Portsmouth on Saturday which is a tough one, a draw would be best as both sides are a threat. Plymouth also have to go to Orient and Cambridge who are decent sides both in with a chance of play-off qualification.

Rovers come first and always will but watch Stanley also now and then .(as does/did Dunny.He should have gone there after Rovers)).At this moment,not for anyone with a dodgy ticker..Can draw against teams teams you expect to beat.then beat a top one.Also play with a we can score one more than you so just score as many as you like approach.so tense to the last minute...I Predict a scary roller coaster watch ..

...Its all about your season being still alive and being a contender for Promotion or the plays offs.even if you dont make it in the end.what the hell...Wish it were the rovers in this position.but this has ended far to soon..this year..

Im afraid you suffer some of the same frustrations at Stanley as is starting to happen here....best players go at the end of the season.so the club can pay its way but manager coleman seems one of the best at replacing them.......its amazing really how he does it..

Sounds like everyone is agreed that Stanley doing so well is great. Not sure myself.

Things carry on as they are at Ewood and we'll be in the same league soon enough.

Considering that the Hyndburn area is one of our few catchment areas (that we already have to share with the Dingles), not sure how having another club (just 5 miles away) doing well is in our interests?

'It's only little Accy ffs', indeed it is, but they are a club on the up and I can imagine it won't take much for wavering/lapsed Rovers fans to pitch up at Accy.

'Rovers? Bloody s****, proper experience at Stanley and at the end of the day they are my local club, just got me lad into watching them too'

• Like 1

Sounds like everyone is agreed that Stanley doing so well is great. Not sure myself.

Things carry on as they are at Ewood and we'll be in the same league soon enough.

Considering that the Hyndburn area is one of our few catchment areas (that we already have to share with the Dingles), not sure how having another club (just 5 miles away) doing well is in our interests?

'It's only little Accy ffs', indeed it is, but they are a club on the up and I can imagine it won't take much for wavering/lapsed Rovers fans to pitch up at Accy.

'Rovers? Bloody s****, proper experience at Stanley and at the end of the day they are my local club, just got me lad into watching them too'

I refuse to consider Accrington as any sort of threat to Blackburn Rovers. If Rovers fans detest going to Ewood and watching Championship football for £200 a season so much they will change their habits to go and support Accy Stanley instead then that's their choice, but I won't be doing it. Ever.

As Stanley climb the novelty will wear off. At the moment its 'proper football' because you can walk up to the ground, pick up a ticket on the turnstile, sit/stand where you want and everyone knows each other.

If they have any intention of establishing themselves in League One or above they will need to radically change the Crown Ground and their ticketing arrangements, which will erode some of the novelty factor.

I'm sure when West Ham were relegated to the Championship and Orient/Dagenham were in League One they didn't consider their little neighbours to be a threat.

Difference being that West Ham have a vast fanbase throughout east London, Essex and Kent. They've just sold 50000+ season tickets. The Daggers might as well be a Sunday League team in comparison.

We have a tiny catchment area shared with Burnley to the east, Preston to the west and then massive city clubs to the south.

Not saying Stanley are a threat, however it doesn't take much of an excuse for semi-detached Rovers fans to not go to Ewood, at a time we are desperate for support.

• Like 1

Its not about Stanley being a threat or not, or changing clubs.

Plenty of Rovers and Burnley fans living in Accy, Clayton, Rishton and Great Harwood have gone to watch the odd Stanley game as well as supporting Rovers or Burnley. That's been the case for decades and will continue.

Edited by MCMC1875

Difference being that West Ham have a vast fanbase throughout east London, Essex and Kent. They've just sold 50000+ season tickets. The Daggers might as well be a Sunday League team in comparison.

We have a tiny catchment area shared with Burnley to the east, Preston to the west and then massive city clubs to the south.

Not saying Stanley are a threat, however it doesn't take much of an excuse for semi-detached Rovers fans to not go to Ewood, at a time we are desperate for support.

Yes but whilst the numbers might be different, the theory is the same. Rovers have everything on their side just like West Ham do in their part of the world - the history, generations of fans, trophies, tradition. East Lancashire is Rovers territory, always has been, always will be, and Rovers will always be 'the' big club in the region, just like West Ham will always be 'the' club in the East End, regardless of how well the local minnows like Orient and Dagenham are doing.

If some Rovers fans are looking for an excuse not to go to Ewood then there's something wrong. It might not be great at the moment but it could be a lot worse and it could be a lot more expensive too.

You can follow both teams.....In the Conference days saw Dunny there many a time in the past with his once then Emmerdale girlfriend.even though he was playing for us.......Theres no real money in the club so how far can they really go..without it....Consequence of reaching the plays off last time...half the squad poached by the higher divisions.so heartbreaking for the fans.,so let everyone enjoy the moment.....Confident Rovers can be contenders again one day.and they will always be my first club....

Edited by JC4LAB

Coleman should have a statue crafted for what he has done at Stanley. He got them into the league during his first stint. Left for bigger things at Rochdale of all places. Didn't recreate the magic there then came back. To have them challenging for promotion is amazing.

Stanley are a club who will never have any money. Those thinking that they can compete with Rovers are wide of the mark. As has already been said Accrington and it's surroundings are split between Rovers and Burnley, Stanley are an afterthought.

Would they be able to go up if they did get promoted? Is the ground up to League 1 par? I've heard that teams get changed at the Dunk as the changing rooms are still awful.

Some posters on here, may remember the rise of Colne Dynamoes and that coincided with Burnley nearly tumbling out of the league. There were some strong rumours at the time, that Colne were going to start to play at Turf Moor had they continued with their success. I have no proof of it, but I would bet some Clarets fans left them and started to watch Colne. Back then in Division 4 they were getting gates of around 3,000 from memory. That all faded into the distance, sadly for Colne and I can only see the same happening to Stanley eventually.

Edited by 1arC

• Moderation Lead

Coleman should have a statue crafted for what he has done at Stanley. He got them into the league during his first stint. Left for bigger things at Rochdale of all places. Didn't recreate the magic there then came back. To have them challenging for promotion is amazing.

Stanley are a club who will never have any money. Those thinking that they can compete with Rovers are wide of the mark. As has already been said Accrington and it's surroundings are split between Rovers and Burnley, Stanley are an afterthought.

Would they be able to go up if they did get promoted? Is the ground up to League 1 par? I've heard that teams get changed at the Dunk as the changing rooms are still awful.

When Fulham played them in the FA Cup the other year that's definitely what happened after the match!

Some posters on here, may remember the rise of Colne Dynamoes and that coincided with Burnley nearly tumbling out of the league. There were some strong rumours at the time, that Colne were going to start to play at Turf Moor had they continued with their success. I have no proof of it, but I would bet some Clarets fans left them and started to watch Colne. Back then in Division 4 they were getting gates of around 3,000 from memory. That all faded into the distance, sadly for Colne and I can only see the same happening to Stanley eventually.

That triggered a memory. It's been a long time since I've heard Colne Dynamoes mentioned. Graham White was the money behind them.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/101-Non-League/4366-the-colne-dynamoes-debacle