BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stanley

• Moderation Lead

As I was born, raised and educated in Accrington, it really is good to see them get promoted. It's an amazing achievement for them.

*Now for goodness' sake Rovers, make sure we aren't playing them in a competitive fixture next season!*.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Have any of your pals now found an undying love for Stanley, K-HOD?

Ha, nah to be fair. I've seen a few on Facebook that went on last night that either support us or another team like.....

Terrific for Accrington and great credit to the owner, staff and players who have greatly punched above their weight to prove that money isn't always the key to being successful in football. It will be interesting to see how much they increase their playing budget by next season. I don't think it will be massive as their owner seems to be grounded and realistic.

Sounds like the players had a good night after the game

Scott Brown‏ @scottbrown85
FollowFollow @scottbrown85
More

Lost my phone house keys and car keys don’t remember getting home still in my kit? want to do it all again, couldn’t be any prouder lads staff fans everyone associated with Accrington Stanley enjoy this momement you all deserve it ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

As I was born, raised and educated in Accrington, it really is good to see them get promoted. It's an amazing achievement for them.

*Now for goodness' sake Rovers, make sure we aren't playing them in a competitive fixture next season!*.

Here here. Fantastic for Stanley. Rovers need to get out of the division sharpish.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Have any of your pals now found an undying love for Stanley, K-HOD?

I heard from a couple of mates who reckon they are getting season tickets for next year. They've never set foot in the Crown. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm delighted for Accy Stanley, it has been a fantastic achievement for them.

If TM and all at Rovers ever needed a wake up call about what can be achieved on minuscule resources, Stanley in League 1 next year should wake all and sundry up.

Well done Accy and COYB!!!

• 3 weeks later...

As there are a few on here from Accy, thought the following might be of interest . Or maybe the couple of friendly Dingles that come on can inform their club and upgrade the seating at Turd Moor

@ASFCofficial
FollowFollow @ASFCofficial
More

1/2 - So the cowshed is coming down - if you want a piece of it for your memorabilia collection, or want a few seats for your garden, football club or shed - come on down !!

2/2 - You can come and unscrew, cut down or tear off what you want - please bring your own tools and dress appropriately 10am - 4pm Thurs, Fri, Mon 10am - 12 noon Sat....

Edited by perthblue02

• 11 months later...

Andy Holt on twitter saying Rovers aren’t ‘respecting boundaries’ as the Community Trust does outreach in Hyndburn.

Ossy/Rishton/Great Harwood etc. have been Rovers strongholds since day dot. Just because a 1970s bureaucrat makes up a borough called Hyndburn and puts Accy as its HQ means feck all.

The quicker they end up back in non League the better...

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Andy Holt on twitter saying Rovers aren’t ‘respecting boundaries’ as the Community Trust does outreach in Hyndburn.

Ossy/Rishton/Great Harwood etc. have been Rovers strongholds since day dot. Just because a 1970s bureaucrat makes up a borough called Hyndburn and puts Accy as its HQ means feck all.

I think Sky TV has smashed down any notion of local boundaries 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I couldn't resist taking him on. I'm not sure what he's referring to as I've seen no evidence of Rovers Community Trust doing anything in Hyndburn. Once again it comes back to the theory that all of Hyndburn is one and Accrington is at the centre of it. Trouble is I think a few at Rovers think the same.

I'd love to see a survey done and see how many Rovers, Stanley, Burnley and other regular football match attenders live in Hyndburn. I suspect the majority go to Rovers, then Burnley, then Stanley.

Rishton is part of the Blackburn post town and has a BB1 postcode.

It’s as Rovers as they come (though there are a few Dingles knocking about these days), Accrington Stanley territory my arse!

Edited by Mattyblue

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Harsh

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I cannot understand how any Rovers fan can have any thought whatsoever for Stanley. Like it or not they are a local rival off the field and depending on the future may be on the field as well. 

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Rishton is part of the Blackburn post town and has a BB1 postcode.

It’s as Rovers as they come (though there are a few Dingles knocking about these days), Accrington Stanley territory my arse!

And the b***ley postcode is?

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Harsh

But true. 

Andy Holt is a good, responsible owner who is doing his bit for his club. It can't be easy being based in a small town wedged between Rovers and b*ly. Stanley have done fantastically well when you consider where they have come from, I have a lot of affection for them being from the area. Interesting that he has taken up the cudgels against Rovers, perhaps an acknowledgement that Hyndburn is largely blue. 

• Like 2

Absolute dinosaurs some of you lot!! Despise Venkys and everything they stand for yet slate the local owner of a small club trying to build his club and expand the outreach to secure the future for the club. As for Stanley being rivals on or off the pitch i think you need to wake up and realise what year it is.

Holt never stated that Hyndburn is for Stanley fans only, simply that when it comes to the community trust it's a lot harder to get kids and new fans on board because, A. they receive a fraction of money from the PL that Rovers do, B. Rovers following for obvious reasons stretches further afield than Stanleys. 

Do i believe Rovers should be able to take their work into the community wherever they feel fit? Absolutely, but why should this stop Holt wanting a bigger portion of the marketshare and a bit more to spend to help him do that. 

• Like 3

Dinosaur? Anything but, that’s the folk that still see them as ‘little owd Stanley’ knocking about in the Unibond League.

They are now a highly professional outfit and are taking support away from us. I personally know about 5 Rovers lads that have decided they are now Accy fans and are Clayton End ‘Ultras’.

The free shirt and tickets to every kid in Hyndburn is a superb gesture and I have a lot of respect for how he’s running things.

Bit let’s be frank, we have a small, hemmed in catchment area as it is and the last thing we need is an upwardly mobile club on our doorstep one division below.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, sparky12 said:

Absolute dinosaurs some of you lot!! Despise Venkys and everything they stand for yet slate the local owner of a small club trying to build his club and expand the outreach to secure the future for the club. As for Stanley being rivals on or off the pitch i think you need to wake up and realise what year it is.

Holt never stated that Hyndburn is for Stanley fans only, simply that when it comes to the community trust it's a lot harder to get kids and new fans on board because, A. they receive a fraction of money from the PL that Rovers do, B. Rovers following for obvious reasons stretches further afield than Stanleys. 

Do i believe Rovers should be able to take their work into the community wherever they feel fit? Absolutely, but why should this stop Holt wanting a bigger portion of the marketshare and a bit more to spend to help him do that. 

'Blackburn Rovers' trust do not respect boundaries and targets kids in our borough of Hyndburn'

That suggests to me that he seems to think 'Hyndburn' (an artificial collection of several towns younger than most people who go watching Stanley) is their 'territory' and should be left alone for them to try and develop their club in. 

I think we need to be very careful as a club. It is a fact that traditionally and today a huge chunk of our existing and potential support comes from 'Hyndburn'. In particular Ossy, Rishton and Harwood but also Accy, Baxenden etc. Over time i suspect the percentage from those areas actually grows whilst the percentage in Blackburn declines due to migration of people in and out of Blackburn. 

We cannot afford to neglect such areas. There needs to be a realisation at the top of our club that Blackburn isn't a city, isn't affluent and that our support comes from across Lancashire and not from within BwDBC. 

I'm not sure what the club does to promote itself in Hyndburn, Rossendale, South Ribble, Ribble Valley but they really need to do something as over time people will have less and less connection to Blackburn and less reason to support its football team.

I have a lot of respect for Andy Holt and his efforts. He's got pride in their stadium, pitch, image and is trying to impove it (more than can be said for our lot) He's got a tough job and I've no problem with him or Stanley trying to build their support. But that certainly doesn't mean we should give up on our own backyard. 

Unfortunately I think we are giving up on our own backyard. I'll keep an eye out when I'm out and I bet i won't see a single poster or advert about these new season tickets in Hyndburn. If we were determined to grow numbers I'd expect to see them in pubs, clubs, bus shelters, papers.

Stanley recieve less money than Rovers and Burnley do because money is allocated on your infrastructure and previous success. Our overheads are massively higher as our facilities and provision is massively bigger. Why should they get as much? Like saying we should get as much sponsorship and media income as Man City despite them achieving more and being way ahead of us.

No problem with a bit of healthy competition. Bring it on. We should win it hands down. Trouble is Holt makes more effort than we do and people can see that.

I also suspect Holt is a dingle or at least has dingle tendancies. He won't admit it but I'd put my money on him leaning that way before his Stanley involvement, given where he and his business is based.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Dinosaur? Anything but, that’s the folk that still see them as ‘little owd Stanley’ knocking about in the Unibond League.

They are now a highly professional outfit and are taking support away from us. I personally know about 5 Rovers lads that have decided they are now Accy fans and are Clayton End ‘Ultras’.

The free shirt and tickets to every kid in Hyndburn is a superb gesture and I have a lot of respect for how he’s running things.

Bit let’s be frank, we have a small, hemmed in catchment area as it is and the last thing we need is an upwardly mobile club on our doorstep one division below.

Well perhaps, small chance I know, our lot SW etc, will take note and continue to pull their fingers out.

Just now, renrag said:

I can only speak for Great Harwood and without any shadow of doubt it is predominately a Rovers stronghold, even though some claret and blue shirts have appeared on the streets in recent years. Hyndburn is antipathy to most who were born or raised there and would opt out at a stroke if given the opportunity.

Rishton people I know feel the same and it would be no surprise if residents  of Oswaldtwistle had similar views.

Ossy is very blue and white.

As for it's allegiances or otherwise to Hyndburn I think  most Ossy folk aren't that bothered but tend to identify with Accrington and probably wouldn't mind an amalgamation with Accy if Hyndburn ceased to be an entity.