BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stanley

5 hours ago, sparky12 said:

Absolute dinosaurs some of you lot!! Despise Venkys and everything they stand for yet slate the local owner of a small club trying to build his club and expand the outreach to secure the future for the club. As for Stanley being rivals on or off the pitch i think you need to wake up and realise what year it is.

Holt never stated that Hyndburn is for Stanley fans only, simply that when it comes to the community trust it's a lot harder to get kids and new fans on board because, A. they receive a fraction of money from the PL that Rovers do, B. Rovers following for obvious reasons stretches further afield than Stanleys. 

Do i believe Rovers should be able to take their work into the community wherever they feel fit? Absolutely, but why should this stop Holt wanting a bigger portion of the marketshare and a bit more to spend to help him do that. 

1 Stanley are competing with us to attract supporters, therefore rivals. 

2 When we were relegated to division one we were only one division above Stanley, if we had not got promoted then we would have played them this year and that’s what I was referring to as potential rivals on the pitch. 

Im wide awake thanks. 

• Like 2

The problem that Accrington has is the fact that they ve been out of the picture for 30-40 odd years as a league club. They lost a whole generation fan wise.  People at the time who weren't already Rovers/Burnley in the town suddenly had no team . For all those  years after people went either Rovers or Burnley and their kids did/do the same. Football has always been a tribal thing when following a team and for Stanley to suddenly re appear and expect fans to suddenly come running back after following Rovers/Burnley was never going to happen and will probably take years for it to happen in the future.

As a Rovers fan in Accrington id be very annoyed if Rovers didn't come and promote themselves in this area when its been well documented that a hell of a lot of Rovers fans come from  Accrington and  surrounding towns.

Again upto the club to get to know its demographics of just where their fans are actually from and get promoting itself regardless of town or borough.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

On what would be Jack’s 90th birthday, Holt decrees him not a ‘fit and proper owner’

’Plucky little Stanley’ ‘love to see them do well’ indeed. About time a few Rovers fans woke up with regards to that club.

2B6E23DD-E0D0-4545-8ED0-AA64880D7D6B.png

If he was trying to turn of Rovers fans he has just done so in one tweet.

Fuck off Holt you jealous tuppenny-garc.

My long held suspicions about Holt's dingle leanings are seemingly well founded. Exactly the sort of comment a resentful claret would come out with. Of course he would deny any such tarring as it doesn't fit his Accy lad image.

Not only very disrespectful but also incorrect. Walker's investments here were not gambling the clubs future but were putting in place infrastructure to enable the club to grow and thrive longer term. Also seems to be ignore the massive profits on player trading which is the hallmark of a well run and sustainable club.

Ignorance but agenda driven.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

On what would be Jack’s 90th birthday, Holt decrees him not a ‘fit and proper owner’

’Plucky little Stanley’ ‘love to see them do well’ indeed. About time a few Rovers fans woke up with regards to that club.

2B6E23DD-E0D0-4545-8ED0-AA64880D7D6B.png

Walker actually paid Burnley’s wages the last month before they were due to drop In Fear of non league.

Many act fans worked for Walker Steel and enjoyed a slice of the pie when sold.

Jack also helped subsidise the local tow. And it’s financial help.

Just seem Holts apology if a local does it we’ve no chance in the media with it being k own despite a lower net spend than Man Utd In that era.

Edited by Scotland1

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Twat

Walker actually paid Burnley’s wages the last month before they were due to drop In Fear of non league.

Many act fans worked for Walker Steel and enjoyed a slice of the pie when sold.

Jack also helped subsidise the local tow. And it’s financial help.

I like Holt but he better apologise 

He has...look one post up...

‘Rovers are where they are now because of Jack overspending’ was another tweet.

We had a small, manageable debt and were a comfortable PL outfit when his half wit family sold us for a pittance.

Total ignorance of our situation. The Twitter-fame has gone to his head.

• Like 7

I have to admit I’ve followed Holt on twitter for ages and have always loved the insight into the game warts and all but lately his posts are bordering on embarrassing for wanting back slaps and “sticking it to the man”.

Holt has not grasped yet that football clubs follow the same unwritten rules as family they may drive you mad and cause you all sorts of woe but nobody else is allowed to tell you they have done wrong!!!

His apologies ring very hollow.

He’s just realised that it’s 2019 and public figures are vilified for stuff like this.

I’m pretty sure he meant what he said. It seems patently obvious that resents what’s Jack Walker did for this club and he has taken aim for today’s football ills on the wrong target and on the wrong day. Ironic that he is trying to do the same thing for lowly Accy.

Odd that he singled out the names he has for his outburst. Abramovic is infinitely more responsible than Jack could ever be accused of for today’s ownership problems. Jack bought his boyhood club and for a fleeting moment restored it to its former glory. While Abramovic was the start of the “Pick a Random (London) PL Club as a Bauble” phase that has brought clubs to their knees.

• Like 6

It’s my belief that folk post what they actually think the first instance. I suspect he’s only issued an apology later as someone may have pointed out to him that Stanley have Rovers fans watching when we are away from home. 

As far as I’m concerned he can stick his apology where the sun don’t shine and as I alluded to a couple of weeks back, Stanley could quite easily have been rivalling us if we hadn’t got promoted from the first division at the first attempt. 

Lets forget all this nice Stanley bollocks, they aren’t Rovers!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe that's why there's no exhibition between the clubs in pre-season. Then again maybe it isn't but there shouldn't be while dolt Holt is there. It's a waste of time anyway as I've gone into several times in the past including the pre-season thread recently.

I've seen Holt on twitter (mainly through Duncan M's retweets or responses) it's like he wants people to talk about how great he is, etc. I don't think he's as humble as some think. 

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

Not to mention Jack was generous enough to allow Accrington to play at Ewood during the 94-95 season! At that time they were truly a bunch of cloggers probably playing in the North Western Trains League or worse. Celebrating their centenary or something like that (even though the original club went bust) the game is on Youtube. Full strength except Shearer as well not a bunch of youth/reserves.

Maybe Dolt should remember that. 

Edited by Vinjay17

• 2 weeks later...

Arranged fixture with Marseille soon and won't be at Accrington's "stadium" due to pitch improvements or something. Thought news was going to say Ewood but it will be in Salford (at a rugby ground not Salford City) which is better as allowing them to play at Ewood would have annoyed me especially after insulting Jack recently.

Edited by Vinjay17