BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Ceo For The Rovers?

yoda

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone who cares about Rovers and is qualified and experienced in running a football club.

John Williams it is then.

Seriously though, who knows? Just as long as it's not some novice. I'd prefer a forward thinking candidate who wants the club to have a strong relationship with the fans - ideally through the Rovers Trust. Which would probably rule Williams out - even if Venkys made him a grovelling apology.

How about thinking outside the box and getting somebody with experience in the Bundesliga? May even have so ideas about improving the atmosphere - possibly even lobbying for safe standing.

Rumour has it that we have been head hunting for some time now (I know Nixon has confirmed it, maybe he is due a result)

Who would you like to be appointed ?

Its a new executive chairman (considering your edit of my quote on other thread I'm not apologising for being pedantic) and it won't be Saint John so nobody should waste time suggesting it. I didn't see Stuart's post initially by the way but it was obvious Williams would be mentioned yet again! Kamy completely ruled out a return as of a few weeks ago.

• Backroom

They don't have to care about Rovers for me, just be good at their job. As I've no idea how to find out which ones are available, I can't really offer a choice.

Though we got John Williams from BT, so just someone with good business sense.

Might it be this Pasha bloke?

They don't have to care about Rovers for me, just be good at their job. As I've no idea how to find out which ones are available, I can't really offer a choice.

Though we got John Williams from BT, so just someone with good business sense.

Might it be this Pasha bloke?

No he does not like publicity and won't move to UK.

Williams came from Granada.

Its a new executive chairman (considering your edit of my quote on other thread I'm not apologising for being pedantic) and it won't be Saint John so nobody should waste time suggesting it. I didn't see Stuart's post initially by the way but it was obvious Williams would be mentioned yet again! Kamy completely ruled out a return as of a few weeks ago.

I wasn't expecting an apology for you being pedantic, you could try winding your neck in though

;)

I'm not going to defend Venkys that's for sure but we should only criticise (and never forgive) them for the countless things they have got wrong. With Lambert however it was better than expected for once so you never know perhaps it will be a good appointment.

Speaking of unfair look at this ridiculous article for instance...utter parochial nonsense. I'm pretty sure I saw an old press cutting about Thwaites sponsoring (or supplying) Preston over Rovers in the 80's. So perhaps what goes around comes around. I don't like any alcohol but Heineken is a worldwide brand something Thwaites certainly isn't. Not to mention some workers at Thwaites made a very public protest about layoffs!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10182564.Town_leaders_hit_out_as_Blackburn_Rovers_drop_Thwaites_for_Heineken_at_Ewood/?ref=rss

Apologies to you and former BRFCS poster Kamy. I forgot that the two of you are never wrong. My mistake.

I'm not going to defend Venkys that's for sure but we should only criticise (and never forgive) them for the countless things they have got wrong. With Lambert however it was better than expected for once so you never know perhaps it will be a good appointment.

Speaking of unfair look at this ridiculous article for instance...utter parochial nonsense. I'm pretty sure I saw an old press cutting about Thwaites sponsoring (or supplying) Preston over Rovers in the 80's. So perhaps what goes around comes around. I don't like any alcohol but Heineken is a worldwide brand something Thwaites certainly isn't. Not to mention some workers at Thwaites made a very public protest about layoffs!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/10182564.Town_leaders_hit_out_as_Blackburn_Rovers_drop_Thwaites_for_Heineken_at_Ewood/?ref=rss

Why do you always take threads off topic with your constant whining ?

Why do you always take threads off topic with your constant whining ?

Excuse me I tried to get the Lambert thread back on topic yesterday. Plus that Thwaites article is relevant. Its just an example that there's enough legitimate reasons to criticise Venkys without coming up with complete nonsense. Or in the case of the new Chairman to assume it will definitely be a bad appointment.

Why do you keep badgering me with digs (on occasions blatantly twisting my words) at every opportunity? I'm taking a few weeks away from the site so enjoy it while it lasts.

Excuse me I tried to get the Lambert thread back on topic yesterday. Plus that Thwaites article is relevant. Its just an example that there's enough legitimate reasons to criticise Venkys without coming up with complete nonsense. Or in the case of the new Chairman to assume it will definitely be a bad appointment.

Why do you keep badgering me with digs (on occasions blatantly twisting my words) at every opportunity? I'm taking a few weeks away from the site so enjoy it while it lasts.

There is a god

I thought you were having a rest from this site. You are all over it like a rash.

We need someone with a track record of running a football club, someone who will run it their own way without just being a "yes man" and someone who has enough authority for PL and all others employees of BRFC to report to. Massive appointment in my opinion, I thoiught when Shaw went the announcement about who was (n't) taking over sent out all the wrong messages about how serious we are about trying to get back on track. You can't have a successful business without having strong leadership and that is something we don't have for sure.

Not holding my breath but hope this gets sorted before we get into the summer.

We need someone with a track record of running a football club, someone who will run it their own way without just being a "yes man" and someone who has enough authority for PL and all others employees of BRFC to report to. Massive appointment in my opinion, I thoiught when Shaw went the announcement about who was (n't) taking over sent out all the wrong messages about how serious we are about trying to get back on track. You can't have a successful business without having strong leadership and that is something we don't have for sure.

Not holding my breath but hope this gets sorted before we get into the summer.

Got to be an improvement on Shelfy Nobender whoever we get.

Don't think football experience is essential. You only need to look at how key operators successfully move across 'industry' in other fields and excel.

What is essential is that he or she has common sense, intellect and commercial nous. Qualities sadly missing in my opinion from the existing Rovers' senior/middle management team.

Archived