BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ronnie Corbett Dies Aged 85

Iconic entertainment figures are dropping like flies this year. :(

Sad news. Brilliant comedian in his own right and as a part of the two Ronnie's were just pure comedic genius. Four Candles might be the greatest sketch of all time even above Monty Python's Dead Parrot or The Fawlty Towers German sketch. Loved the Phantom Raspberry Blower as well!

• Backroom

I preferred two more obscure sketches of theirs:

Their take on Mastermind 'Answering the question before last' and the 'Seller of Deaf Aids'. Both brilliantly written, as we're most of their work.

Corbett is his own right was an incredibly funny man, particularly on the golf course when I watched him in a celeb-am once.

I also recall his famous fall during Peter Kay's Amarillo video :P

Really upset me this one. A great comedian and I had a conversation with him some years ago at The Open. A really nice guy.

RIP Ronnie. I shall miss you.

Phew - I heard that little Ronnie had died and thought "Poor Mr Hildersley, just when his two former teams were about to meet as well".

I know everyone is referencing the fork handles sketch, but my favourite Ronnie Corbett joke was this one:

"For some time, my wife’s had this ridiculous idea that I’m playing too much golf.
Actually, it came to a head at about 11.30 last night.
She suddenly shouted at me: ‘Golf, golf, golf. All you ever think about is bloody golf!’ And I’ll be honest, it frightened the life out of me.
I mean, you don’t expect to meet somebody on the 14th green at that time of night."

Archived