BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suhail Pasha

Pasha hates seeing his name mentioned on forums (not a publicity seeker) but people keep asking the same questions on separate threads. So I've created this thread as a reference point for the answers to those questions. I can't be bothered repeating it all (search my posts if you want to see all that) and its not just me who has been "filled in" on him. What I will say is the recent BRAG minutes (yes I have to bring it up yet again) backed up everything I had heard about him.

So really Mr Pasha (if you're reading) I'm doing you a favor lol if people stop asking about you!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest question isn't who is he or how he got here.

The biggest questions are

Why did he go to the trouble of having Bowyer sacked and appointing Lambert?

What did he/his bosses promise to Lambert?

What is he doing now to provide a link between Lambert and Venkys?

If he's got sway with the owners to the extent that they listened to him and changed manager, then how come that influence stops short of them making the effort to speak to Lambert/appoint a proper board?

cue the Michael Caine gags

:D

:D i dont even know why Vinjay started this thread, if we have to search other threads and meeting minutes to know who he is. In fact why cant Pasha introduce himself to the people, tell us personally what his role is? Im confused by this secrecy or lack of information surrounding him.

:Di dont even know why Vinjay started this thread, if we have to search other threads and meeting minutes to know who he is. In fact why cant Pasha introduce himself to the people, tell us personally what his role is? Im confused by this secrecy or lack of information surrounding him.

Well that's a fair point as far as searching. As I said though its the "first place to look" because it was getting repetitive seeing same questions about him. People should know by now remember having to correct Yoda 2 months back because he kept referring to him as the "Indian guy". I couldn't be bothered copy/pasting my earlier posts here and thought others might remember them. Some members have heard the same things themselves. Might as well do it now though so from various dates over past few weeks...

"Don't think there's any problem at a big club like Rovers if the owner/staff (or advisors in Pasha's case) want to do interviews. Just as long as they don't come out with nonsense which would probably be an extreme difficulty for Venkys. I've been told Pasha does not want publicity (but he should get praise) and is the type who is just given a job and does it. In 2 minds over whether Venkys should say anything or not but "hopefully" they let their money do the talking either way."

"Myers stated at the 10th March meeting with BRAG (Yes I keep making references to this but the minutes are useful info) that Pasha isn't a mouth piece for the owners. Not going to doubt Myers because I have heard exactly the same thing. As for Kentaro there was conflicting information but I've heard he was just a liaison during the takeover and DISLIKED Jerome Anderson."

BRAG MINUTES (MARCH 10)

The group asked if the club could expand on the current involvement of Suhail Pasha. Alan explained that Suhail is the communication person between India and Blackburn, when asked how often he visits the answer was regularly. The group asked if Suhail was a decision maker when it comes to removing people from the club however Alan stated that he certainly is not a decision maker and that he is a conduit from the owners. The group asked if Suhail had ever had any links to SEM Kentaro and this was a question that Alan did not know the answer to. Alan was keen to point out that Suhail Pasha is not a mouth piece for the owners and carries out his role in a low-key fashion on behalf of the owners.

"Maybe Pasha has no idea either what Venkys summer plans are. Pasha hasn't been described as "high" in rank or wage (and you know how "madame" treats her "underlings") so why would he know everything? He's trusted and he's headed up other large projects (only going by what I've been told and there's no doubt it was accurate because its been reflected in the BRAG minutes) though I don't know what those were. He was working in South Africa at one time but now lives in Pune. That's where he wants to stay and as I said don't expect Pasha to be a "public spokesperson" in relation to fans because he hates publicity. Even to see his name being mentioned on forums.

Hopefully that's helpful which was the whole intention of the thread.

He seems to be the 1st person behind the scenes at rovers since venkys took over and Williams left that actually knows what he's doing and what needs to be done so I don't see any point in trying to antagonising him into responding in some way if hes a private person(which is the tone I'm getting from vinjays comments and reason for starting the thread)

All frustrations should be taken out on the owners not people that actually seem to be doing a good job

Seems every thread I start recently gets taken completely off topic (see the animal welfare thread) or turned into a jokefest!

He seems to be the 1st person behind the scenes at rovers since venkys took over and Williams left that actually knows what he's doing and what needs to be done so I don't see any point in trying to antagonising him into responding in some way(which is the tone I'm getting from vinjays comments and reason for starting the thread)

All frustrations should be taken out on the owners not people that actually seem to be doing a good job

EDIT-Ironic you get it back on topic considering my above comment! Got nothing to do with trying to antagonise if anything I've praised the guy. Didn't you learn your lesson after accusing me of deleting that gambling thread?

Seems every thread I start recently gets taken completely off topic (see the animal welfare thread) or turned into a jokefest!

EDIT-Ironic you get it back on topic considering my above comment! Got nothing to do with trying to antagonise if anything I've praised the guy. Didn't you learn your lesson after accusing me of deleting that gambling thread?

please, you seriously need to have a little word with yourself and learn to lighten up.

You have stated numerous time that you've heard Mr. Pasha doesn't like personal publicity or even seeing his name mentioned, but you still start a thread with his name as the title even though there is already a thread that has been started just this morning covering backroom staff. The guys come in and done a good job so far it seems, he's helped right some wrongs and make some changes that the fans have wanted to see for years, so as things stand he deserves a little respect and if that just means speaking about him more subtlety instead of putting his name front and centre, then I don't think that;s to much to ask

that said

es-pacha-ibiza.jpg

Perfect response.

When the history of the Venky's tenure at Ewood comes to be written, this guy will emerge as an absolute hero.

please, you seriously need to have a little word with yourself and learn to lighten up.

You have stated numerous time that you've heard Mr. Pasha doesn't like personal publicity or even seeing his name mentioned, but you still start a thread with his name as the title even though there is already a thread that has been started just this morning covering backroom staff. The guys come in and done a good job so far it seems, he's helped right some wrongs and make some changes that the fans have wanted to see for years, so as things stand he deserves a little respect and if that just means speaking about him more subtlety instead of putting his name front and centre, then I don't think that;s to much to ask

Perfect response.

When the history of the Venky's tenure at Ewood comes to be written, this guy will emerge as an absolute hero.

Did he get rid of Kean and co?

This made me laugh though!

Archived