BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely no appetite for protest so its a mute point anyway sadly.

The clubs hasn't been in this position for 30yrs and hardly a dissenting voice yesterday which was really disappointing for me.

I'm all for supporting the team, but my god we need some that can actually see the bigger picture here because we're going down without even a whimper.

It got to the point under that lying drunken **** where I actually wanted us to lose the odd game if it ensured anger from the fans and owners. I took iceman to task over wanting it yesterday, but if it means Rome will start burning, its the last resort and possibly our only chance of making at least a stand, Iceman was probably right.

We need some anger, we need some disruption, because at the moment I feel like just closing the laptop and giving up the ghost I'm that frustrated at the lack of interest and thats gotten worse since WAR was setup, now we have organised doing sod all.

Leaflets? joined up protest? working with other clubs? tennis balls? adverts? media interviews? anything?

With respect, Gav, you keep saying this and saying we need 'less talkers and more doers'. I couldn't agree more.

We've got the likes of Madon and Glen Mullan fighting the good fight. Not bickering, just cracking on. Madon is on his third initiative now I think? Based on what you're saying it sounds like you're waiting for someone else to do something, whilst being critical of everyone else for doing exactly what you're doing. Distance from the ground isn't an issue, we've got the Internet, which we're on now so anything can be organised easily....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect, Gav, you keep saying this and saying we need 'less talkers and more doers'. I couldn't agree more.

We've got the likes of Madon and Glen Mullan fighting the good fight. Not bickering, just cracking on. Madon is on his third initiative now I think? Based on what you're saying it sounds like you're waiting for someone else to do something, whilst being critical of everyone else for doing exactly what you're doing. Distance from the ground isn't an issue, we've got the Internet, which we're on now so anything can be organised easily....

Well lets not turn this into a weeing competition, and nobody has been more vocal than me in my appreciation for what Madon and Glen have been doing, tremendous effort.

But this fight won't be won on the internet, I know some people have fingers crossed that it can be, so they can remain tight lipped and tucked up behind a computer screen without having to get their hands dirty :rock:

This fight will only be won with support from the fan base, supporters groups, and in a match day enviroment, and you're absolutely right in one respect, I'm waiting for something to follow, something to get stuck into as protesting alone isn't going to cut it, been there done that.

So over to you K-Hod, are you taking drone flying lessons or is it more wind and wee?

• Moderation Lead

Well lets not turn this into a weeing competition, and nobody has been more vocal than me in my appreciation for what Madon and Glen have been doing, tremendous effort.

But this fight won't be won on the internet, I know some people have fingers crossed that it can be, so they can remain tight lipped and tucked up behind a computer screen without having to get their hands dirty :rock:

This fight will only be won with support from the fan base, supporters groups, and in a match day enviroment, and you're absolutely right in one respect, I'm waiting for something to follow, something to get stuck into as protesting alone isn't going to cut it, been there done that.

So over to you K-Hod, are you taking drone flying lessons or is it more wind and wee?

It's not me calling out the fan base for doing nothing and doing the same amount myself in fairness. I'll get on board with anything that is organised. The joke with Jbizzle was a mutual mate of ours owns a drone. (Though I haven't seen it and don't know the size of it, so to speak!!!) We're both seemingly expressing wind and wee in the same way, I'd say....

It's not me calling out the fan base for doing nothing and doing the same amount myself in fairness. I'll get on board with anything that is organised. The joke with Jbizzle was a mutual mate of ours owns a drone. (Though I haven't seen it and don't know the size of it, so to speak!!!) We're both seemingly expressing wind and wee in the same way, I'd say....

You're quite right to call me out, I have no problem with that.

But you carry on playing Pokemon with Jbizzle and leave the serious talk to the ones who can and the ones that will given half a chance :tu:

• Moderation Lead

But you carry on playing Pokemon with Jbizzle and leave the serious talk to the ones who can and the ones that will given half a chance :tu:

Pokemon?? The little you know. I've never played that game! Have a word! I'll be happy to contribute however and in whatever way I can, to help my club. My stance has been fairly consistent, I'd say. The funny thing is, our views basically align....

This is unreal Gav, for someone who slates the fans for not doing enough so often, have you ever done anything yourself. Why haven't you started a go fund me for a protest, or got in touch with the Indian media?

I saw the game got stopped with a drone hence the mention. I've read many here say they think that disruption of play is an option, including Mike E and others. I don't personally want it to get to that level, personally I think protests at the ground are more for awareness in this country and should be directed at the FA but it's not just about what "I" want ultimately.

You won't catch me slagging of the protestors/non protestors on here though, I may question some reasons like Kamys "straw/camels back" thing with stokes or anyone who sees it as "money in Venkys pocket" but each to their own reasoning.

If you think something needs doing, do it. The soon to be famous quote of "put your balls on the block" applies. As far as I know, Wolves at home is the protest match and any banner I have will be directed at the FA, FL/PL, authorities etc - and I shall walk early with the rest despite concerns with that method!

That's my choice and I'll respect any others decisions as long as it doesn't go too far. Violence, criminal damage etc

We need a new protest group to get anything done. I'm sure there's enough imaginative individuals on here to start one and then come up with some ideas.

Waiting for Godot WAR won't work. We need to get people informed and angry or it will all just get a bit 'down with this sort of thing'.

WAR cry:-

What do we want? Venky's Out (but we want to stay friends)

When do we want it? Not yet, we've only got 12K in the bank. But soon, very soon. A PR statement is imminent. It may confirm stuff you have heard elsewhere. We're very professional. Oh leave us alone. We have day jobs you know. No you can't have a poll. Easy now.

Damian Collins MP on TV wanting information about corruption in football. Lets get writing folks.

Forwarded him Glen's blog, the letter from JW, the Keeda Sports article and a couple of others from Nick Harris, etc. Enough to give him an idea of what's gone on, if he reads them. Probably doesn't even know where Blackburn is, but we can only try.

Talking about Pokemon, but why not tell people that there are thousands of very unique Pokemon on the pitch at Ewood. We can get hundreds of thousands to invade the pitch looking for Pokemon :D

R2C
#rottentothecoar

Nice one for a good rap song or video..R 2 the C...

Archived