BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if USA law regarding slander works in the same way as our.

The reason I ask is, Tump comes on stage at most of his campaign rallies and brazenly calls Clinton corrupt. I haven't heard of any legal backlash or have I miss it?

If we work the same, than why can we as fans not accuse the football authorities, owners and agents of the same?

Any thoughts.

The reason I ask is, Tump comes on stage at most of his campaign rallies and brazenly calls Clinton corrupt. I haven't heard of any legal backlash or have I miss it?

If we work the same, than why can we as fans not accuse the football authorities, owners and agents of the same?

Any thoughts.

It's not slander if it's true.

Any thoughts.

Trump's got a special exemption on the grounds of him being a complete nut job.

Good news: Had a reply from Lynsey re: minutes for the supporters meeting!

Bad news: She can only link me to the relevant LET article.

FFS what a shambles.

So the club has provided zero minutes for the meeting.

Is that not against the FL guidelines & customer charter?

• Backroom

Yes, as Mike E has already told the club

Yep. Apparently it's enough to fob fans off with Radio Lancs audio or an LET report. The club itself appears to have a shed its hands of usual business practice.

Yep. Apparently it's enough to fob fans off with Radio Lancs audio or an LET report. The club itself appears to have a shed its hands of usual business practice.

Is there not a council/government department (or charity for that matter) that we can kick up a fuss to? (Apologies if this is being done already)

Aside from the fact that it's beyond poor of the club to operate in such a manner in a public capacity, it's a pretty disgusting state of affairs that the staff think that's an OK way to treat other people that may want access to something they care deeply about...how long would it take a member of staff to transcribe the audio file? Surely that's breaking an FA provision rule, or is against the disability discrimination act for a public company?

• Backroom

Is there not a council/government department (or charity for that matter) that we can kick up a fuss to? (Apologies if this is being done already)

Aside from the fact that it's beyond poor of the club to operate in such a manner in a public capacity, it's a pretty disgusting state of affairs that the staff think that's an OK way to treat other people that may want access to something they care deeply about...how long would it take a member of staff to transcribe the audio file? Surely that's breaking an FA provision rule, or is against the disability discrimination act for a public company?

Re: The Equality Act 2010, the club has done nothing wrong.

'The duty comprises the following three requirements.

(3)The first requirement is a requirement, where a provision, criterion or practice of A's puts a disabled person at a substantial disadvantage in relation to a relevant matter in comparison with persons who are not disabled, to take such steps as it is reasonable to have to take to avoid the disadvantage.

(4)The second requirement is a requirement, where a physical feature puts a disabled person at a substantial disadvantage in relation to a relevant matter in comparison with persons who are not disabled, to take such steps as it is reasonable to have to take to avoid the disadvantage.

(5)The third requirement is a requirement, where a disabled person would, but for the provision of an auxiliary aid, be put at a substantial disadvantage in relation to a relevant matter in comparison with persons who are not disabled, to take such steps as it is reasonable to have to take to provide the auxiliary aid.'

If we could locate a totally deaf fan, who would absolutely require a transcript, to make the complaint there's a slight chance.

Unfortunately my hearing aids count as auxiliary aids in this instance.

Disgraceful behaviour by the Club and as someone who is hearing impaired I take it as a personal insult.

I blame the Pune @#/?-e and the weasel that is Cheston.

I suppose we should be grateful that there is an audio copy as otherwise the Club would have done SweetFA. Weeks late and only when pressed did they do anything.

Will the Fans Forum please make a formal complaint at its next meeting with the Club.

since when has breaking FA rules mattered to the FA.

Surely though, although luckily in this instance the auxiliary aids mean you are potentially able to access the audio file, it seems a gross miss step and morally dubious at best to think that it's sufficient provision for the entire supporter base?

I can think of a man that sits a couple of rows in front of where my seat is in the JW who has to communicate through sign language and has no auxiliary aids and outwardly is totally unable to hear. It really is shortsighted to past the point of insulting. Leave it with me, I'll text my dad and sister who both work in law and see what they say!

• Backroom

Surely though, although luckily in this instance the auxiliary aids mean you are potentially able to access the audio file, it seems a gross miss step and morally dubious at best to think that it's sufficient provision for the entire supporter base?

I can think of a man that sits a couple of rows in front of where my seat is in the JW who has to communicate through sign language and has no auxiliary aids and outwardly is totally unable to hear. It really is shortsighted to past the point of insulting. Leave it with me, I'll text my dad and sister who both work in law and see what they say!

May be better addressing your findings to Glen or madon

Venkys & partners have just about turned the club into an image of themselves, ignorant, directionless and shabby. There are better Indian business people running shops in Audley and Bastwell.

A look at their websites tells you how careless they are and if they weren't on the Indian stockmarket then looking at those you'd think it was a sham company. The old man must really have corner the market over there and they must have some smart guys as directors and managers because these lot couldn't start a burger van in a layby.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived