BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but falling in to the 'we must hit the Venky's in their own backyard' strategy, an idea could be to template a short, concise message about what Venky's have done to our club with a link to the venky's out webpage and cut and paste this to the comments section of every news article on every Indian newspaper website. Just basically spam the comments section with this templated comment multiple times if need be. I know this probably wouldn't make a huge difference but at least (a) It will raise awareness with the people of India (B) It will be a cost-free exercise to further expose the Venky's for what they have done © another cathartic exercise for us as supporters to vent our anger over this nightmare. I say a templated comment that we could all use and agree on as we want to send a clear, unified message on what is actually happening. I know a high percentage of people won't actually read it but we are talking about millions of people potentially seeing this and having a read.

Thoughts?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but falling in to the 'we must hit the Venky's in their own backyard' strategy, an idea could be to template a short, concise message about what Venky's have done to our club with a link to the venky's out webpage and cut and paste this to the comments section of every news article on every Indian newspaper website. Just basically spam the comments section with this templated comment multiple times if need be. I know this probably wouldn't make a huge difference but at least (a) It will raise awareness with the people of India ( B) It will be a cost-free exercise to further expose the Venky's for what they have done © another cathartic exercise for us as supporters to vent our anger over this nightmare. I say a templated comment that we could all use and agree on as we want to send a clear, unified message on what is actually happening. I know a high percentage of people won't actually read it but we are talking about millions of people potentially seeing this and having a read.

Thoughts?

Sounds great to me!

Besides Venkys, might Rover's supporters at the same time vent their protests at the FA?

Timing might be opportune for all disaffected football supporters to express their dissatisfaction with our supposed custodians of our game?

• Unfit and improper owners
  • Financial mismanagement and lack of controls on agents etc...
  • Widespread flouting of their own regulations
  • Tax avoidance prevalent throughout the sector
  • Childhood abuse within the game, Despatches program was 20 years ago on that awful scum Bennell, what have the FA been doing since?
  • Years of underachievement for the national team with corrupt officials/management.
  • In Lord Justice Taylor’s post-Hillsborough report, he registered his disgust at the mismanagement of the national sport by football club owners and directors who were more interested in “wheeler-dealing in the buying and selling of shares and indeed of whole clubs”, and in “personal financial benefits or social status” than in the good of the game itself. David Conn Guardian June 2016.

Agree with Comments. There is a much bigger picture that means our situation is engulfed by the prevailing culture in the Sport. Even this week we have hints as to why the Newcastle United Youth set-up has never worked or another reason behind poor Gary Speed's suicide. Add to that the contrast between German Ownership and Management;the obscene money swilling around the premier league;the handling of the England team since Glenn Hoddle got the chop;the wild west scene of Agents touting Contracted Clients around; the salaries paid to young boys in Academies; the wish to look 'clean' as the FA rightly tries to sort out FIFA;the role and funding model of Wembley etc etc etc

The FA are as much a target as the Venkys. But we need to prepare a Plan B for the running of the Club post-Venkys and most of our 'leaders' seem to be in hibernation.And again I am still in bleeding Turkey.

There was a red anti FA banner draped amongst Rovers fans at St James Park second half last Saturday:

FA : NOT FIT OR PROPER

That one sentence about the FA says it all. One of the major problems the FA have is that there are far too many committees who are made up of people from various clubs. Invariably some of these people have a vested interest from their own clubs perspectives. It is an archaic way of doing things and leaves itself wide open to skulduggery and collusion through self interest.

Just on the abuse scandal there is even a mention of clubs paying off players who had been abused who brought it to their clubs attention according to Clark. In an interview I saw yesterday Clark hinted at a cover up at the FA in the 80's about the emerging scandal.

That one sentence about the FA says it all. One of the major problems the FA have is that there are far too many committees who are made up of people from various clubs. Invariably some of these people have a vested interest from their own clubs perspectives. It is an archaic way of doing things and leaves itself wide open to skulduggery and collusion through self interest.

Just on the abuse scandal there is even a mention of clubs paying off players who had been abused who brought it to their clubs attention according to Clark. In an interview I saw yesterday Clark hinted at a cover up at the FA in the 80's about the emerging scandal.

In a lot of ways, this is screaming out for all none disclosure agreements to be made null and void. Imagine what might come out if that happened.

The FA never investigate anything so they don't get held accountable when all the truth comes stumbling out. They just run around saying we can't possibly investigate everything and we can't afford it so until something is plonked right in front of us we have to stay in middle ground.

Meanwhile they run around paying off England managers then throwing huge contracts in front of others they know they'll pretty soon be paying off again whilst their agent friends give them a nice drink off the back of these merry go rounds. Really what is the point of this inept organisation anymore ? It's gone from old boys network closed shop into a corporate washing machine.

Time it was defunct and a new set up made up of every chairman of every professional club and a government minister over seeing it. Bounce the rest of the self serving corrupt suits down the road !

Difficult if they're legally binding.

I accept that, but if none disclosure of Information leads to perverting the course of justice then I would imagine common sense would prevail and that would be waived. I know fraud would not be as serious as abuse of a child, but both criminal matters none the less.

I accept that, but if none disclosure of Information leads to perverting the course of justice then I would imagine common sense would prevail and that would be waived. I know fraud would not be as serious as abuse of a child, but both criminal matters none the less.

Thought they were more about theft of customers and 'intellectual property' (trade secrets) from businesses.

• 2 weeks later...

So because ‘tis the season to be jolly’, there’s a little competition going on for the Boxing Day match at Barnsley. People with the best/funniest/most festive banners (preferably of the type encouraging Venky’s to sell) win prizes. Fancy a free KFC meal? Then why not get your tinsel and baubles out and get creative?!? Surely there are lots of Christmas puns to be played with at this time of year? And isn’t it high time Rovers fans had something to smile about for a change? If you take a picture of your banner at the ground and send it to the ‘contact us’ section on www.venkysout.com, it’ll be displayed there for all to see and will be judged shortly afterwards. Just to stress, this isn’t to do with the team that we all want to pick up 3 much needed points. But it’s Christmas after all, so why not join the merriment? Cheers.

For me there is no point in even considering protesting without getting the collective fan base together. I know there are those who want to protest others who don't but one thing every fan has in common is the fact that they are unhappy with the current state. Groups such as WAR, and other members shouldn't even be targeting protest but they should be targeting how can they get the fans base to back them, and unite allowing one voice to be heard. Having a few hundred here and there protesting isn't enough. I think so far the issue there has been two extreme with no middle grown allowing for a large majority of the fan base to feel part of this fight against Venky's.

Speaking of WAR, they have been very quiet, for like ever........

It was pretty clear from the off WAR was going nowhere. Lots of words and no actions. Very disappointed in all the groups supposedly representing the support.

By their own admission they had run out of ideas but there seems to have been no effort to embrace new ideas.

White baubles with blue 'Venkys Out' on them. Get them made and thrown on the pitch over Xmas.

Nobody left to throw them. I'd happily join in I think, even through all the abuse and derision on blogs and off other self proclaimed super fans.

Crap times to support Rovers.

Archived