BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

I'm sure the players will have had a sniff if it is true and it is only my gut feeling. Things are so tight that players wages are in danger of not being paid. I am convinced this is going to happen, before the end of the season.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the players will have had a sniff if it is true and it is only my gut feeling. Things are so tight that players wages are in danger of not being paid. I am convinced this is going to happen, before the end of the season.

March, Tax bills according to Paul are Quarterly usually but given the HMRC rumours a few months ago and the eagerness on clubs (Monthly deals), I wouldn't be surprised if we are flogging players for the PAYE/NI bill especially when we appear to be drawing on short term loans.

Relegation cuts income to less than 9 million. 1.5-2 million is roughly spent on interest and debt currently that's quite a worry and without any funds as for the last six years we are then relying on 7 million income to fund a season in league 1.

March, Tax bills according to Paul are Quarterly usually but given the HMRC rumours a few months ago and the eagerness on clubs (Monthly deals), I wouldn't be surprised if we are flogging players for the PAYE/NI bill especially when we appear to be drawing on short term loans.

Relegation cuts income to less than 9 million. 1.5-2 million is roughly spent on interest and debt currently that's quite a worry and without any funds as for the last six years we are then relying on 7 million income to fund a season in league 1.

No doubt about it when we are borrowing from the commercial equivalent of quick quid. I still don't know what they don't just throw the towel in. What are they trying to prove, as it is far too late for that?

https://www.gov.uk/paye-for-employers/paye-and-payroll

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Ben will play on Saturday, after that, but if he does, those who are going need to let it be known that he has our support with what he has done. For the poets and musicians amongst us, get something sorted, as even if he doesn't play it can still be sung.

After his inept performance at Ipswich on Saturday I would hope he is not playing next Saturday.

I think you're right Stuart and I'm happy with all he has said.

Trouble is taken in isolation the fans chants not helping is proof for those who complain protest undermines the club and results.

I wouldn't swear to it but I'm pretty sure we have not lost a game which was preceded by protests - and even won the majority of them.

The more recent trend (that Marshall referred to) is for Venkys Out chants to continue, and even start when we are winning or score. That is largely to preempt/counter claims that people only want Venkys out when we are losing. So it's almost a defiant chant.

The players don't like it? Ah well, they are getting paid handsomely to suck it up and, you know, be professional at a club they have little or no affinity to aside from a wage/career. The fans meanwhile are paying to watch the club we love be dismantled in slo-mo.

I wouldn't swear to it but I'm pretty sure we have not lost a game which was preceded by protests - and even won the majority of them.

The more recent trend (that Marshall referred to) is for Venkys Out chants to continue, and even start when we are winning or score. That is largely to preempt/counter claims that people only want Venkys out when we are losing. So it's almost a defiant chant.

The players don't like it? Ah well, they are getting paid handsomely to suck it up and, you know, be professional at a club they have little or no affinity to aside from a wage/career. The fans meanwhile are paying to watch the club we love be dismantled in slo-mo.

Spot on

Not really. A lot of pay is either early or late in December. Christmas and other bank holidays often cause a disturbance to normal banking

Xmas has never ever affected my pay nor my wifes nor anyone I know. same day of the month brought forward to friday if it falls on a weekend

Xmas has never ever affected my pay nor my wifes nor anyone I know. same day of the month brought forward to friday if it falls on a weekend

as a teacher I used to get paid on the last day of school before the Christmas hols. Varied enormously from year to year. Christmas day being Sunday, Mon and Tues were bank holidays this year. Perfectly possible for it to be paid Friday afternoon and you wouldn't see it till wednesday this year. Any other month I'd be all over the story of it being paid late but this December was unusual so I'll wait to see if there's tales of it being late this month before I suspect somethings going on.

The timing or motivation for speaking out isn't really important.

I'm just thankful someone finally has.

All the best, Ben. When the resurrection comes, you'll have played your part.

Given that most/all players are selfish, wouldn't surprise me if his only beef is the difficulty in negotiations/renewing contracts or getting sold.

now is a great chance to show the fa up,if it can be organised properly lets have a walk from mill hill station to the ground,with blackpool fans and rovers fans side by side,stand outside for the whole game denouncing our owners and theres plus the fa.surley we as rovers fans can come up with a decent protest,tnink guys and gals,if we had not beat qpr you would have been at asda chaddy and parsons.

now is a great chance to show the fa up,if it can be organised properly lets have a walk from mill hill station to the ground,with blackpool fans and rovers fans side by side,stand outside for the whole game denouncing our owners and theres plus the fa.surley we as rovers fans can come up with a decent protest,tnink guys and gals,if we had not beat qpr you would have been at asda chaddy and parsons.

But we did beat QPR, blue kiwi, so now we have a fourth round tie to enjoy watching and hopefully progress to the fifth round and those who want to protest have the perfect game to do it at. Everyone is happy!

The FA with their loose rules(plus the Walker Trust) have put us in this position....so they should be an element of the protest.

Oh and 'rotten to the' is on the gravy train with the FA as well.....some bloody guardian of the Uncle Jack legacy.

Archived