SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Militant said:

Is there really??

I was led to believe at that time that was the case. But subsequently i believe i was misinformed and retracted my comment. Different rumours in that area confused further.

That post was sometime ago. Well done finding it. You must have been busy.

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

I was led to believe at that time that was the case. But subsequently i believe i was misinformed and retracted my comment. Different rumours in that area confused further.

That post was sometime ago. Well done finding it. You must have been busy.

sorry, just new on here.

Write letters and start a twitter campaign to Elton John

Isnt he supposed to be a proper football fan (Watford)

Appeal to him to cancel his concert at Ewood. It would be unavoidable if he had a sore hand or something to get out of contractual obligation.

It will be his choice but we should ask him to cancel before we make him cancel.

I am thinking a lot about those laser pens they sell in Turkey.

can cause so much havoc with those things and so easy to get into a stadium.

Forcibly move the fans across from the cameras... hhhmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

I think on the last match of the season we need to make a stand as fans. I think the strategy going foward should be spam Venky's in their own territory on Social Media by paying for paid adverts targeting India and Venky's, and I would love to see a united fan base on the final game of the season. Having boycotters, protesters, and regulars, all turning up together united for one game to send one message. 

Just now, roverstdt said:

I think on the last match of the season we need to make a stand as fans. I think the strategy going foward should be spam Venky's in their own territory on Social Media by paying for paid adverts targeting India and Venky's, and I would love to see a united fan base on the final game of the season. Having boycotters, protesters, and regulars, all turning up together united for one game to send one message. 

If you mean attend a match then no chance

I understand why people don't want to turn up, but I do feel showing a unite front to a bunch of owners who care not whether we attend or not then for me the message has to be sent. We will be in a situation where we are likely to go down, have 15 to 20k or Rovers Fans under one roof shouting one message will get media attention

On 19/02/2017 at 1:21 AM, roverstdt said:

Rovers final game of this season is AWAY to Brentford which I suppose is a homer if living/ working in or within 2 hours of London.

Have you been to Ewood yet?

Edit: perfectly ok for you to say that you meant final home game and that you will be there.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers final game of this season is AWAY to Brentford which I suppose is a homer if living/ working in or within 2 hours of London.

Have you been to Ewood yet?

Edit: perfectly ok for you to say that you meant final home game and that you will be there.

Your obsession with me is rather flattering...I thank you kind sir. 

19 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Your obsession with me is rather flattering...I thank you kind sir. 

Tbh I did think your idea of mass protest to be a good one. It looks like something is being planned so good wishes on that one.

The main target has to be Venkys/Raos.

Now that Cheston has gone back to being the Ewood Chef to "cook" what he's good at another target has to be Paul Senior. 

Senior now is the CEO/COO at Rovers in all but name. He may well have sacked Coyle but imho everything about him crys out CONMAN.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, levi said:

all quiet on the protest front i see

will this thread kick back in if we lose on tuesday:lol:

Just like always, back-to-back wins and the slow learners are back out from their rocks acting like all is well at the club.

It's notable that the very same people who wanted protests to stop because they were "divisive" are those now gloating and trying to start arguments.

Do yourself a favour, button it and keep your counsel. Football has a nasty habit of biting folks like you on the backside.

Those people you are mocking are the very same people you will be begging to help save the club, in the not too distant future, so be very careful what you say. 

I have despised our owners pretty much since they got here and I do believe that they are the problem with our football club but right now is not the time for protests in my opinion. Right now we need to get fully behind the team and hope we avoid relegation to the third tier because things will get much worse if that happens.

After the season finishes is the time for protests and it works better because there is no football this summer so we'll get more media attention then too.

Just now, mcflash said:

I have despised our owners pretty much since they got here and I do believe that they are the problem with our football club but right now is not the time for protests in my opinion. Right now we need to get fully behind the team and hope we avoid relegation to the third tier because things will get much worse if that happens.

After the season finishes is the time for protests and it works better because there is no football this summer so we'll get more media attention then too.

Get behind during the games isn't a problem for those still going in the ground. Before and after can still be done.

Statto wise though everytime a protest has occured we've been the benefits of success points wise.

Not sure how your last line makes sense though? Where are you going to protest and how exactly if no games are on?

Just now, Stuart said:

Just like always, back-to-back wins and the slow learners are back out from their rocks acting like all is well at the club.

It's notable that the very same people who wanted protests to stop because they were "divisive" are those now gloating and trying to start arguments.

Do yourself a favour, button it and keep your counsel. Football has a nasty habit of biting folks like you on the backside.

Those people you are mocking are the very same people you will be begging to help save the club, in the not too distant future, so be very careful what you say. 

I'm not acting like all is Well at the club 

And don't put the Back to Back wins as the reason I posted that when the truth is Back to Back wins are the reason the protest ideas have stopped 

I was all behind the protests,I didn't turn up for Blackpool and I had red cards for the United game

The arrogance of the people that seem to have appointed themselves at the top of the protesting tree are my main gripe 

Archived