BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just like always, back-to-back wins and the slow learners are back out from their rocks acting like all is well at the club.

It's notable that the very same people who wanted protests to stop because they were "divisive" are those now gloating and trying to start arguments.

Do yourself a favour, button it and keep your counsel. Football has a nasty habit of biting folks like you on the backside.

Those people you are mocking are the very same people you will be begging to help save the club, in the not too distant future, so be very careful what you say. 

It's funny how they hid behind a keyboard but don't fancy meeting up on matchday to help with out but theyl suggest and critique everyone else. 

Protesting comes in may forms; withdrawal of financial input, visible demonstrations, private investigations, corporate sabotage (though the club have done this brilliantly themselves) all sorts. 

We've enough numbers now who in the background have been performing very good work.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can all the 'big brothers' reading, before they wade in, please take note at which 'side' started this debate (again) in the wake of a great week.

They can't help themselves and have shown once again exactly who the divisive fans are.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Get behind during the games isn't a problem for those still going in the ground. Before and after can still be done.

Statto wise though everytime a protest has occured we've been the benefits of success points wise.

Not sure how your last line makes sense though? Where are you going to protest and how exactly if no games are on?

You pick out other events that occur, sporting events, events that concern Venky's too. Anywhere you can get exposure. While you will get some exposure during the football season in the LET and a few other local papers, you will get national coverage during the summer because football writers haven't much to write about.

Just now, mcflash said:

You pick out other events that occur, sporting events, events that concern Venky's too. Anywhere you can get exposure. While you will get some exposure during the football season in the LET and a few other local papers, you will get national coverage during the summer because football writers haven't much to write about.

The same LET which has been caught out running articles past the club first before publishing them? 

I disagree with you Flash, we've also recently had the national media wave ourselves and that momentum needs to stay, appointing manager number 7 doesn't change it for me 1 iota. We've still the same owners and they are the root cause of all issues. Putting a new face there to appease some may work for some but it doesn't pull the wool over my eyes.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

The same LET which has been caught out running articles past the club first before publishing them? 

I disagree with you Flash, we've also recently had the national media wave ourselves and that momentum needs to stay, appointing manager number 7 doesn't change it for me 1 iota. We've still the same owners and they are the root cause of all issues. Putting a new face there to appease some may work for some but it doesn't pull the wool over my eyes.

I'm in agreement with you that the owners are the issue. I stated that in my first post here.

My contention is that this is a time to get behind the club and hope we survive in the Championship and then get full on and try and get these owners to sell up.

Well you can bet your bottom dollar, if TM manages to keep us up and I think he might just do that, with these owners we'll be

back to square one next season, no investment again, means another almighty struggle and they'll probably sack Mowbray

when we're in the bottom 3 come January/ February and round and round we go.

Keep protesting.

VENKY'S OUT !

STAKEHOLDERS OUT !

2 hours ago, levi said:

all quiet on the protest front i see

will this thread kick back in if we lose on tuesday:lol:

The protests are in full swing each and every week, around 10,000 regulars are boycotting, maybe you missed that?

This type of post seems to be become the norm over the past few weeks, not sure why but I can hazard a guess :rolleyes:

Intent only on winding up posters and adds nothing to the debate whatsoever.

Sorry to pick on you levi as its the first one from you I've read, but plenty on other threads, poor really.

To add something to the debate, anyone thats not been in a coma for past 7yrs knows this mini revival is temporary, it can't continue, but make hey whilst the sun shines, we're only ever 1 bad decision away from a disaster under the Pune idiot brigade.

Just now, Gav said:

The protests are in full swing each and every week, around 10,000 regulars are boycotting, maybe you missed that?

This type of post seems to be become the norm over the past few weeks, not sure why but I can hazard a guess :rolleyes:

Intent only on winding up posters and adds nothing to the debate whatsoever.

Sorry to pick on you levi as its the first one from you I've read, but plenty on other threads, poor really.

To add something to the debate, anyone thats not been in a coma for past 7yrs knows this mini revival is temporary, it can't continue, but make hey whilst the sun shines, we're only ever 1 bad decision away from a disaster under the Pune idiot brigade.

i think the return of the non season ticket holders for the united game put the 10,000 'boycotters' theory to bed myself

1 hour ago, mcflash said:

I have despised our owners pretty much since they got here and I do believe that they are the problem with our football club but right now is not the time for protests in my opinion. Right now we need to get fully behind the team and hope we avoid relegation to the third tier because things will get much worse if that happens.

After the season finishes is the time for protests and it works better because there is no football this summer so we'll get more media attention then too.

This shows a level of naivety that betrays you as a teenager or someone who thinks that protesters are a bit thick - maybe both. In the off-season, there is little-to-no coverage of football goings on, let alone protests. This will have no impact.

Protests are a fact of life in football. They happen organically when things are going badly on the field and the boardroom is slow to react to the frustrations of the club's fans. At this point the board acts and the status quo resumes.

In my view, the situation at Rovers has escalated to the point it has because of a very special set of circumstances where our privileged position was thrown away whilst individuals became very very rich. Meanwhile the board are/were either impotent to act or complicit, and the owners either couldn't care less or were complicit. This has boiled over to more and more innovative angles to gain media attention. Same goes for Charlton. The bigger problem is that the FA care less than Venkys.

Nothing has changed in this regard. The only thing that has changed is that results on the field have taken a temporary upturn following the departure of Coyle.

A lid will probably be kept on things in the short term as long as the results continue to keep us out of the bottom three and the players/bills/taxman continue to be paid...

Just now, levi said:

i think the return of the non season ticket holders for the united game put the 10,000 'boycotters' theory to bed myself

Really?

One game puts that theory to bed? Lets call it two and add the Liverpool game also and ignore the other 100+ games :tu:

Just now, Gav said:

Really?

One game puts that theory to bed? Lets call it two and add the Liverpool game also and ignore the other 100+ games :tu:

Point he is making seems obvious enough to me;

10,000 boycotters...(unless it's a big team)..

Just now, Gav said:

Really?

that's exactly my point

the united and liverpool gates tell me 100% that the majority of the missing 'supporters' aren't boycotting they just want top flight football

Although I agree there are a number boycotting, 10,000 is a ridiculous number.

IMO 8,000 - 9000 are lost until we are successful again.

Those of us old enough to remember the sub 6000 gates in the dark days, ask the question..... where were the missing 15,000 then?

A lot of football fans are fickle, they associate themselves with success, but leave when the bad times come along.

I know a number of people in Bolton who bought ST's when we won the prem.....but haven't been to Ewood for over 15 years.

Just now, levi said:

that's exactly my point

the united and liverpool gates tell me 100% that the majority of the missing 'supporters' aren't boycotting they just want top flight football

Its been happening since time immemorial that fans will turn out for big games.

I remember going against Villa in 1980 with 30k on, the week before we had 8k on, happened in 84 and 85 also, we never had that fan base back in those days, today we do and thousands of regulars are boycotting.

17 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

Point he is making seems obvious enough to me;

10,000 boycotters...(unless it's a big team)..

exactly. Have alook how many are in on Tuesdya night for the Cardiff game-8000 actually in the ground if you are lucky

Just now, Gav said:

I remember going against Villa in 1980 with 30k on, the week before we had 8k on, happened in 84 and 85 also, we never had that fan base back in those days, today we do and thousands of regulars are boycotting.

I treated my Dad and Brother to that Villa game a journey from our home by bus boat and train. Dad was lifelong Rovers but had not travelled to a game for years but my Brother was not a fan of football. He was a Ref.

The allure of the Cup.

We sat at the back of the Nuttal St stand by the wall and windows mostly with the glass smashed. Remember vividly gobbing down on the Villa hordes below.

1-1 result. We scored through an og by Evans I think.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

we'll have to agree to disagree on this but i honestly believe the true number that is boycotting is nowhere near 10,000

i only get over 7 or 8 times a year now but when i do i ask my old mates if they fancy it and the general reply is along the lines of 'naah they're s##t' bar the burnley games when they turned up

not one of them has ever mentioned boycotting

i don't believe that most of the missing fans are actual true rovers fans either to be honest,i always thought a good number of them were floating fans that bought season tickets as they were very very cheap for top flight football ....our attendance's had dropped dramatically from the glory days,if that's the right term and they only went back up when the season ticket prices were reduced....that's a different arguement altogether though and just my opinion

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This shows a level of naivety that betrays you as a teenager or someone who thinks that protesters are a bit thick - maybe both. In the off-season, there is little-to-no coverage of football goings on, let alone protests. This will have no impact.

Protests are a fact of life in football. They happen organically when things are going badly on the field and the boardroom is slow to react to the frustrations of the club's fans. At this point the board acts and the status quo resumes.

In my view, the situation at Rovers has escalated to the point it has because of a very special set of circumstances where our privileged position was thrown away whilst individuals became very very rich. Meanwhile the board are/were either impotent to act or complicit, and the owners either couldn't care less or were complicit. This has boiled over to more and more innovative angles to gain media attention. Same goes for Charlton. The bigger problem is that the FA care less than Venkys.

Nothing has changed in this regard. The only thing that has changed is that results on the field have taken a temporary upturn following the departure of Coyle.

A lid will probably be kept on things in the short term as long as the results continue to keep us out of the bottom three and the players/bills/taxman continue to be paid...

Teenager? Thank you very much, I'm 48 and it's always nice to get told I'm a teenager :D

I was involved many years in an email campaign to get Brian KIdd's performance with us discussed by the BBC and he was sacked shortly after they had a segment about him on Radio five.

I've been involved in things outside of football that were important to me and have had a good bit of success in some of them. The most important thing is that you get yourself heard. Planning is hugely important and having the right people running things is paramount.

Some of the posters on here seem to have gotten to the stage where they don't really see what matters anymore. Blackburn Rovers football club is what matters and right now we want our team to stay in the Championship. We need to get behind the team until/if we survive the drop.

After that is time to go after these owners. It's the time to make the protests count, to get the media involved. We have to look at every angle to get rid of the owners. Surely there are areas of their business where they have been less than impeccable. We need to find out about these things and put them front and centre as reasons why they should not own our football club. We need to find out if they are helping to make the environment poor by poor work practices, treating employees badly etc.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I treated my Dad and Brother to that Villa game a journey from our home by bus boat and train. Dad was lifelong Rovers but had not travelled to a game for years but my Brother was not a fan of football. He was a Ref.

The allure of the Cup.

We sat at the back of the Nuttal St stand by the wall and windows mostly with the glass smashed. Remember vividly gobbing down on the Villa hordes below.

1-1 result. We scored through an og by Evans I think.

Did Allan Evans score late on for them to make it 1-1? definitely went to a replay which we lost.

I think we got done last minute the year before away at Anfield also, a certain Kenny Dalglish possibly.

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Good post.

The fresh start syndrome is the oldest trick in the book to deflect honest criticism, manage away dissent and undermine the motives of protesters.

Our precarious position at the bottom of this s***t league is entirely down to decision making from Venky's, partners and stakeholders. The"yahoo" of appointing a man with Coyle's known deficits  to "manage" a squad, further reduced last summer could be interpreted as deliberate sabotage.This season's consequences were oh so predictable.

Then they leave it ridiculously late to make the change. I do wonder whether even this tardy action would have happened without the recent, negative publicity for the owners.

Protests must not stop. The owners, agents and the F.A.  need to be kept under pressure and I am confident that this will happen.

However, I concede that no protest action should be taken( if, indeed , it ever was) to weaken the team's chances of survival. All this means is that nothing takes place actually  during survival matches.

Venky's and agents must go!

8 minutes ago, mcflash said:

Teenager? Thank you very much, I'm 48 and it's always nice to get told I'm a teenager :D

I was involved many years in an email campaign to get Brian KIdd's performance with us discussed by the BBC and he was sacked shortly after they had a segment about him on Radio five.

I've been involved in things outside of football that were important to me and have had a good bit of success in some of them. The most important thing is that you get yourself heard. Planning is hugely important and having the right people running things is paramount.

Some of the posters on here seem to have gotten to the stage where they don't really see what matters anymore. Blackburn Rovers football club is what matters and right now we want our team to stay in the Championship. We need to get behind the team until/if we survive the drop.

After that is time to go after these owners. It's the time to make the protests count, to get the media involved. We have to look at every angle to get rid of the owners. Surely there are areas of their business where they have been less than impeccable. We need to find out about these things and put them front and centre as reasons why they should not own our football club. We need to find out if they are helping to make the environment poor by poor work practices, treating employees badly etc.

Good post. But we are still back to the problem of how to do these things. Things are now at a stage where we are relying on MPs putting pressure on the FA.

Interesting point about looking at their business practises but how do you even find this kind of thing out? And then, who do you tell? A prime example is the on-going rumour/allegations about Pasha's work permit status. The fact that minutes of a meeting in which Pasha's employment was allegedly confirmed will not be published and the Football League don't want to know when a fan reported the club's position. The local radio and paper are seemingly in the pocket of the club and won't publish anything that will put pressure on the board or owners. The national papers are apparently gagged - or just not interested. So who next? Interpol? It would need to be something pretty serious, of Ali Sayed proportions.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Although I agree there are a number boycotting, 10,000 is a ridiculous number.

IMO 8,000 - 9000 are lost until we are successful again.

Those of us old enough to remember the sub 6000 gates in the dark days, ask the question..... where were the missing 15,000 then?

A lot of football fans are fickle, they associate themselves with success, but leave when the bad times come along.

I know a number of people in Bolton who bought ST's when we won the prem.....but haven't been to Ewood for over 15 years.

Depends where you are on a matchday, i'd say at least 5k are done with rovers till venkys are gone. 

Echos what ex commercial sponsors have told me that and the rubbish attempts to try and entice them to sponsor anything.

Just now, Stuart said:

Good post. But we are still back to the problem of how to do these things. Things are now at a stage where we are relying on MPs putting pressure on the FA.

Interesting point about looking at their business practises but how do you even find this kind of thing out? And then, who do you tell? A prime example is the on-going rumour/allegations about Pasha's work permit status. The fact that minutes of a meeting in which Pasha's employment was allegedly confirmed will not be published and the Football League don't want to know when a fan reported the club's position. The local radio and paper are seemingly in the pocket of the club and won't publish anything that will put pressure on the board or owners. The national papers are apparently gagged - or just not interested. So who next? Interpol? It would need to be something pretty serious, of Ali Sayed proportions.

Tell Jim White. He says we can do this together !

Archived