BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

Had enough of going round in circles in other threads its time to get a definitive answer once and for all. I'm tired of people arguing just say if you're willing to do something and commit to doing it. If you're not willing to do something don't talk about it.

We need to come up with a full list of protest ideas. Either we vote on every single one or we break them down to a second stage of voting. Once we come up with separate categories we can run a poll. Not a conventional poll (more of a tally chart) but one where you include family + friends. Ask them what they are willing to do and then put person A, person B, etc.

If your answer is you're going to do absolutely nothing (or just repeat countless depressing posts) them get off the thread. If you see any posts like that and want to protest in some form report such posts. Also there's already so many refusing to go until Venkys are gone. I don't want that included as it is impossible to get an exact figure and some people will go no matter what anyway. Even if you are staying away at the moment at least choose ONE thing.

Also I've tried to only include things that won't break the law. Mainly because the mods won't allow it.

OK the first question how many different subjects should we start with? How about a maximum of 100? Get them to select numbers 2, 7, 22, 54, etc and then we tally them all together. As I said try and get other people involved (but NO multiple voters please ask people if they are on BRFCS or not) but we don't need to outright name them. Just make sure people don't vote twice.

Some might might want to be public, some might want to be anonymous or at least part of a big group. We need something for EVERYONE. Standing around just chanting won't do anything we need some new material.

1. Boycott a game (This depends on the figure if its only a limited number of fans it won't get attention unless they are outside the ground during the match)

2. Contribute to the cost of advertising in Pune. This could be print, papers, plane, etc. Ideally it would be via 1 crowdfund or a number of crowdfunds. Remember crowdfund includes anonymous donations so if you're a club employee for instance they won't find out!

3. Get as many people as possible to tweet anti-venkys messages EVERY day at the same TIME as often as possible. Sometimes we can target certain accounts such as Venkys India. People will notice if they suddenly see 100 tweets on their timeline. That will get non BRFCS members joining in when they keep seeing it.

4. Others forms of tweets such as "scheduled tweets" though they might be at a cost. Also I think they are more related to advertising but I'm not sure. Lists are an option as well. Some of the people we directly target might just block lots of people. They can't stop people tweeting to only their followers though.

5. Maybe an individual sponsored stunt or a group stunt that would gain major attention.

6. Travel to Pune and...do something more useful than what the fans forum did. Clearly this would need substantial funding and people who don't just want a free holiday.

7. Leaflets (either left somewhere anonymously to avoid abuse from "non protesters" or basically put through letterboxes)

8. Places to protest where we haven't protested yet. For instance Football League HQ. After all Preston isn't far!

9. Picketing.

10. A group of fans to ask Lambert directly what his intentions are. If a group of fans showed up outside Brockhall he might come out and speak.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If you are going to do something do it where their peers and such will notice it.

Is there a final in the IPL or is it a league? Maybe a match that Pune are in? Somehow get some presence there ala the Kean Out banners at the rovers / Pune friendly

Buy a Indian flag each. Wrap it around your body under your jacket. At the end of the last game go into the centre circle and set fire to them. Failing that set fire to them outside the ground near the statue of Jack Walker.

One place I worked at it was one of my jobs to put up the flags whenever we had foreign visitors. We used a company called " Middleton Flags " to provide all sorts of unusual flags ( Iran even ).

On a lighter note a pal of mine was paving his backyard and phoned them up looking for a price for paving stones !

Just checked up - they are now called " United Flags And Flagstaffs " but they are still based in Middleton, Gtr Manchester.

I can't see Vinjay dealing with them with that name !

If you are going to do something do it where their peers and such will notice it.

Is there a final in the IPL or is it a league? Maybe a match that Pune are in? Somehow get some presence there ala the Kean Out banners at the rovers / Pune friendly

There is a final & that is a good idea, but would be difficult to pull off.

How about something more positive like a plane with

"In lambert we trust"

Its all about direction and funding, if Lambert walks because of lack of ambition that will slap them bigger than any protest.

I'm not sure what Indian rules are on low flying aircraft (if its anything like the roads its probably quite relaxed) but an anti-venkys message seen by thousands would embarrass them.

People have been getting a little tired with Lambert recently. I share his frustration but we really need to know whether he's going to stay or not.

Vinjay,

unless you can find out what makes the Roa's tick you have no chance of getting anywhere.

In fact your in the face attitude has almost certainly guaranteed you will never get anywhere near them.

Vinjay,

unless you can find out what makes the Roa's tick you have no chance of getting anywhere.

In fact your in the face attitude has almost certainly guaranteed you will never get anywhere near them.

Talk of embarrassing them scares the life out of me.

I asked for some bloody ideas and what you're willing to do. Not irrelevant nonsense or what you're NOT willing to do. Otherwise sod off and stop ruining it. If people vote to embarrass them we embarrass them...alright?

Get these posts removed.

I asked for some bloody ideas and what you're willing to do. Not irrelevant nonsense or what you're NOT willing to do. Otherwise sod off and stop ruining it. If people vote to embarrass them we embarrass them...alright?

Get these posts removed.

:lol: :lol:

Talk of embarrassing them scares the life out of me.

I used to think like that but they're scaring the life out of me now. Something needs to change one way or another. Just wringing our hands hasn't worked has it ?

How about something more positive like a plane with

"In lambert we trust"

Its all about direction and funding, if Lambert walks because of lack of ambition that will slap them bigger than any protest.

I don't think it will. They'll just make another cheap appointment and carry on as though nothing has happened.

I used to think like that but they're scaring the life out of me now. Something needs to change one way or another. Just wringing our hands hasn't worked has it ?

I don't think it will. They'll just make another cheap appointment and carry on as though nothing has happened.

It hasn't worked - but the club hasn't been completely irreversibly damaged, yet. If they really got the hump and decided to wind everything up and take what money they could (lets face it, either way they leave after losing money) the club would never be the same again.

The ideal here is somehow they let football people work with them - take complete responsibility for the club. Its the only way everybody walks away from this with a smile.

It hasn't worked - but the club hasn't been completely irreversibly damaged, yet. If they really got the hump and decided to wind everything up and take what money they could (lets face it, either way they leave after losing money) the club would never be the same again.

The ideal here is somehow they let football people work with them - take complete responsibility for the club. Its the only way everybody walks away from this with a smile.

And these posts are what are going to make me give up . How much damage do you want us to take before you want these idiots gone ?

The damage is going worse day by day can't you see or are you as blind as the vs ? Does the sand not get in and hurt your eyes ? It will do when you remove it from the sand

Either stop the relentless moaning and "do nothing attitude" or I'm removing the thread.

I simply asked people what are they willing to do and not to respond if the answer is nothing.

No moaning here mate, i'm a fan of both Custard Creams and Jammy Dodgers.

You know what I'm not a fan of? People like Venkys who have basically been pissing on Jack's grave for the last 6 years. Find that funny do you?

Wow

Pretty @#/? annoying when someone ruins the thread, isn't it lads? Are we getting the hint..?

Mods - i'll accept my imminent ban with dignity.

Agreed. 2 & 6. Hit Venky's on their home turf and let everyone in India know, eloquently, about the absolute demolition job they have done on Rovers.

Crowdfunding is a great idea, I would definitely contribute.

Some day in the distant future, there'll be a book written about all this. Whether Rovers will still exist is a moot point.

Archived