BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lambert Leaving!

I've heard he has left due to being informed the total player wage budget for next year is £6m to build our promotion winning squad.

At the minute our youth teams are £3m so he has a total £3m for the first team squad

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean was rubbish, Bowyer was mediocre and Lambert was a big Manager who was just as mediocre.

A good Manager gets the best out of what he's got and can any of you tell me Lambert ever managed to get the best out of our current players?

Once again, the point of my post is missed.

Bowyer had to go and he had to be replaced by a Manager capable of getting us promoted but Lambert was not that man.

Take your head out of your arse and give it a wobble man.

Promotion? Promotion? Are you being serious? Guardiola couldn't get us promoted under these rats.

Wake up!

Once again, the point of my post is missed.

Bowyer had to go and he had to be replaced by a Manager capable of getting us promoted but Lambert was not that man.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed with him after a while but he was working with someone else's players and it was clear at the beginning there were plenty sulking after coming off Bowyers easy street.

We got a few glimpses of what he was about though but he would never have sustained that with this small mentally weak squad. Impossible to cast proper judgement without him making more of his own signings and having a full pre season.

Kean was rubbish, Bowyer was mediocre and Lambert was a big Manager who was just as mediocre.

A good Manager gets the best out of what he's got and can any of you tell me Lambert ever managed to get the best out of our current players?

I agree in that regard. Just seen enough Bowyer revisionism from others.

I find it absolutely astounding that a few posters are happy to see the back of him, this is just about as bad as it gets. A reputable manager that on the face of it has had his plans for getting the club back on track just thrown back in his face.

This situation can only get worse, it can't get any better.

Jack Walker deserves better than this, I'm going to the Reading game, but after that I'm finished until the @#/? off back under the rock from where they came.

Enough is enough.

I'm not sure it's as simple as being glad to see the back of him, they're just as surprised as I am that, regardless of the situation, he was unable to even reach the performance levels served up by Kean, Bowyer, and all the other stiffs employed by our murderous owners.

We played well in 5 or six of his 28 games, and he telegraphed his surrender to the players 2 months ago, since when we have played as badly as I have seen in 50 years.

We blame the Venkys, not Lambert, but to watch him stand smugly on the touchline having trousered hundreds of thousands of pounds and left us in a significantly worse position, will make me sick.

No sicker than I feel right now, though.

I've heard he has left due to being informed the total player wage budget for next year is £6m to build our promotion winning squad.

At the minute our youth teams are £3m so he has a total £3m for the first team squad

3m a season is 250k a month in wages and I bet more than the middle for the division. If he's really left because of that, what did he expect? He signed a 2.5 year deal for a club in 100m+ in debt.

Final league table last season? That's misleading, given we had Gestede, Cairney and King. Meanwhile, GB won 3 of 17 games this season. Lambert did marginally better (which isn't good enough) but don't suggest Bowyer had us flying!

Bowyer has been a key figure in our downfall. Wasted our last real opportunity of promotion, spent the last of our money, then loaded the club with dross before his sacking. The club will likely never recover from the effects of persisting with a novice manager in the years after the Kean debacle.

Not Bowyer's fault though. Just like this isn't Lambert's fault. The real blame lies at the feet of the owners (and their associates). Something the person you've quoted fails to comprehend.

I hope those verminous, crimnal street sh-tters go in a car crash. They're either crooks or morons and are not fit to run a stall in a car boot sale. If anyone has proof of corruption and Anderson being dodgy put up or be complicit in covering it up for them.

To see that pillock Dunn, the failure of Oldham as favourite is disgusting. You might as well dig up Bryan Douglas.

Why is he xenophobic? Because he said the word Indians? I'm sure you don't really believe that.

I know emotions are running high but you do yourself no favours with stuff like this.

It just makes us look bad. We want to make them look bad call them idiots, evil, whatever.

I remember reading Paolo Di Canio's autobiography. He went mad when Danny Wilson laid into team and referred to him and Carbone as "the two Italians." Its irrelevant.

If there is a budget of 3 mill then at least there is a budget. First one since Bowyers first season in charge. Key I keeping the good guys we have and pruning more dross then hopefully that can go back in the pot.

No use for a promotion push but should be enough to keep us up in the right hands. Not David Dunns either.

3m a season is 250k a month in wages and I bet more than the middle for the division. If he's really left because of that, what did he expect? He signed a 2.5 year deal for a club in 100m+ in debt.

Not really the £6m includes national insurance, pensions, bonuses, appearance fees etc.

So knock £2.5m from that and we have a £3m total player budget or the same as we used to spend on Jordan Rhodes.

I can't believe Mercer was bloody right! Mercer, what lotto numbers are you playing this weekend pal?

Hate to be a pedant, but didn't he technically say gone by the end of the week? Two games left haven't we? ;)

I can't believe Mercer was bloody right! Mercer, what lotto numbers are you playing this weekend pal?

That's about 2 in 20 now for Merce, he's getting the hang of it. Still double Nicko recent strike rate though :)

Hate to be a pedant, but didn't he technically say gone by the end of the week? Two games left haven't we? ;)

Oh yes, my bad. Still - I'll give him that one!

For those discussing the budget - don't forget we pretty much need a whole new squad come the summer given our players out of contract and those heading back to their parent clubs. As I say - nailed on Blackpool. Balaji will probably be polishing his boots at this rate.

It just makes us look bad. We want to make them look bad call them idiots, evil, whatever.

I remember reading Paolo Di Canio's autobiography. He went mad when Danny Wilson laid into team and referred to him and Carbone as "the two Italians." Its irrelevant.

Just makes us look bad - are you serious? They are dismantling our club, running it into the ground and that is one of the things bothering you. Indians is probably the kindest thing I can call them.

And you're clearly comparing like with like there, aren't you?

Good grief.

Yes I am? Because if Lambert is the great Manager you lot all seem to make him out to be he would have done better even with our current squad.

The point is, he is responsible for what happens on the field and he hasn't got the best out of his squad.

A mid table finish would have been acceptable but flirting with relegation is unacceptable.

We are seeing the beginning of the end.

They will revert to the inexperienced out of their depth manager policy which has reacked havoc so far. Anyone expecting Venkys to appoint an experienced competent manager should take their last remaining brain cell, give it a polish and put it in a display case in the Museum Of Stupid.

No such manager is going to touch us with a barge pole.

Inexperienced manager + No investment + Loan/Bargain Basement Signings = FAILURE

RAOS, YOU ARE A BUNCH OF F * U * C * K * T * A * R * D * S

Lets make our feelings known at the last game of the season.

Yes, for a period of time we started to look a better side and this was after only one transfer window. Deals arranged in January for this summer (Watt/Graham) and then clearly the plug has been pulled. This team is going to get weaker, a lot weaker. But let's blame Lambert for not making Shane Duffy a better centre half, that's the real problem here.

I'm not sure it's as simple as being glad to see the back of him, they're just as surprised as I am that, regardless of the situation, he was unable to even reach the performance levels served up by Kean, Bowyer, and all the other stiffs employed by our murderous owners.

We played well in 5 or six of his 28 games, and he telegraphed his surrender to the players 2 months ago, since when we have played as badly as I have seen in 50 years.

We blame the Venkys, not Lambert, but to watch him stand smugly on the touchline having trousered hundreds of thousands of pounds and left us in a significantly worse position, will make me sick.

No sicker than I feel right now, though.

Lambert has been here 5 months, had a fleeting look at the Jan transfer window and you expect him to have the current squad climbing the league?

You've seen plenty of football, you should know with FFP and the dumbing down of every aspect of the football club the current squad is the worse I can remember and more league 1 than championship, to expect Lambert to have us higher in the league is simply pie in the sky.

We've just lost our best chance of recovery, people will realise that soon enough.

Yes, for a period of time we started to look a better side and this was after only one transfer window. Deals arranged in January for this summer (Watt/Graham) and then clearly the plug has been pulled. This team is going to get weaker, a lot weaker. But let's blame Lambert for not making Shane Duffy a better centre half, that's the real problem here.

A very brief period of time. The results dropped before those summer deals were even talked about.

Archived