BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Big Match Preview: Rotherham Away - 30Th April

• Backroom

If it happens at Ewood this year I don't think it'll be in celebration!

Good to hear the fans didn't turn on Lambert and made their feelings clear as to who the real villains are.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers fans sounded superb on RR today. Lots of we want venkys out and Paul Lamberts blue and white army.

Followed by We want you to stay, Paul Lambert, we want you to stay.

Reminds me that there are too many of us that care for this Club to disappear.

I'm going to the last match to join in, you have to after that.

last home game is going to be difficult.

Well done Rovers fans.

Backed the team & manager whilst venting their anger at the owners.

Venky apologists are now few and far between it seems!

Roll on Reading - more banners please.

I'm really not sure that's the case Ben, I've just been reading the comments in the LT.

Quite a few seem to think it's a good thing that PL is going and all we need is to bring in a decent manager and 2 or 3 players on a budget

and we'll be able to challenge for promotion, they don't seem to have much of a problem with Venky's, it's all PL's fault.

UNBELIEVABLE.

We hung around after the game today and spoke (briefly) to Paul Lambert and some of the players. Lambert played his cards very close to his chest but was very obliging when my sister wanted a pic with him. We asked a few of the players if they'd be here next season. The most telling response was from Graham who said he'd have been very keen to stay but he doesn't know what's happening now Lambert has said he's going.

A really good performance today and a glimpse of what might have been if the owners would only back the manager THEY appointed. We played some really attractive football today but, sadly, once the loan players have gone, those out of contract have gone, and the likes of Hanley, Duffy, Marshall and Evans decide their ambition isn't matched by the owners we will be a shell of an outfit next season.

Listened to the 2nd half on Radio Lancs.

Rovers fans..........YOU WERE SUPERB THROUGHOUT.

Constant chanting, Venkys Out; Paul Lambert we want you to stay; Matty Derbyshire, he scores when he wants (as he was leaving the field), going down the Bolton Road; and many others.

FABULOUS, FABULOUS EFFORT

The only thing keeping the pride in BRFC at present. Hats off to those that went.

Hopefully sets the tone for the last game of a truly forgettable SEASON.

VENKYS OUT!

We hung around after the game today and spoke (briefly) to Paul Lambert and some of the players. Lambert played his cards very close to his chest but was very obliging when my sister wanted a pic with him. We asked a few of the players if they'd be here next season. The most telling response was from Graham who said he'd have been very keen to stay but he doesn't know what's happening now Lambert has said he's going.

Lambert is a top man and it is very annoying that the owners wont back him.

When the new manager is appoint he needs to sign Danny Graham up asap. top striker at this level

A really good performance today and a glimpse of what might have been if the owners would only back the manager THEY appointed. We played some really attractive football today but, sadly, once the loan players have gone, those out of contract have gone, and the likes of Hanley, Duffy, Marshall and Evans decide their ambition isn't matched by the owners we will be a shell of an outfit next season.

exactly. typical of them.

what was the fans reaction to Lambert after the game?

the owners need to communicate what the plan is for next season and where we go next to the fans.

Did some spotty Rotherham kids cause trouble with Rovers fans during the pitch invasion? Apparently child abuse is legal in Toytown so Rovers fans should have given them a beating.

There is something on Millers Mad about some 12 year olds giving it large to the Rovers Fans.

Just eight pages for a match thread.. that our lowest in the last 10 years?

Happy we won, glad to hear the anti Venkys pro PL chants.. looked like players got over the uncertainty of the last few months and just played. it is a scary thought that 1/2 of our squad are gone after the next match.

Lambert is a top man and it is very annoying that the owners wont back him.

When the new manager is appoint he needs to sign Danny Graham up asap. top striker at this level

Won't happen, Lamberts gone so is Graham.

The game and performance was at least something to cheer us up at the end of an awful few days. We looked comfortable in the system Lambert went with and deserved to win. I noticed the look of surprise on the players faces when they did their last warm up routine in front of us. Venkys Out was chanted and the players seemed surprised by the hostility in the chant.

Today for me was about the fans sticking together and showing some defiance towards the Indians. I did however hear a shout of Judas towards Lambert just before kick off.

Theres always one nob

To be fair, if it does turn out that Lambert has played the club and knew he had the Celtic job in the bag (which many people seem to believe) then calling him 'Judas' is not that far off the mark.

I don't personally believe this to be the case but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Archived