BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Big Match Preview: Rotherham Away - 30Th April

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

We're taking a good following by all accounts and had to ask for an additional 200 tickets, though I doubt they'll be snapped up now....

Rotherham 3-0 Rovers. Leon Best to rub our noses in it.

• Moderation Lead

All the lads I sit with are going plus more (about 10 in total). More for the beer than the footie I believe.

I suspect you'll be needing a few of those beers......

An opportunity to hurl abuse at Leon Best and chant what we think of Venkys, to good to pass up so I think i'll now get one of the extra tickets.

I'll expect a few boos for Best, a few rounds of some anti Burnley songs, a defeat and drift off home quietly then.

Rotherham 3 Rovers 0

i'm going to this one too , and until today was looking forward to it , i cannot see anything but a resounding Home victory now with both Best and Derbyshire scoring and to compound a terrible week a Rovers red card to boot

An opportunity to hurl abuse at Leon Best and chant what we think of Venkys, to good to pass up so I think i'll now get one of the extra tickets.

I'll expect a few boos for Best, a few rounds of some anti Burnley songs, a defeat and drift off home quietly then.

Rotherham 3 Rovers 0

Be nice to Warnock though we might begging him to come in towards the end of next season to keep us up

Big question is will PL be there?

Has to be a home banker.

Now that it's official PL is leaving, even less for our lads to play for,

Sadly, I think it will be embarrassing with Best and Derbyshire rubbing our noses in it.

Rotherham by 3 or 4 goals to 1.

• Backroom

Here's hoping they stop the game.

Generally speaking the away fans are the 'hardcore' of our support, so if nothing happens today I think it' safe to say nothing will happen on May 7th either.

Generally speaking the away fans are the 'hardcore' of our support, so if nothing happens today I think it' safe to say nothing will happen on May 7th either.

From my experience, the hardcore will back 'the club' against all comers (and goers). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turned on Lambert. Especially if we go a couple of goals down in the first half.

• Backroom

From my experience, the hardcore will back 'the club' against all comers (and goers). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they turned on Lambert. Especially if we go a couple of goals down in the first half.

I suppose we'll see. Lambert won't have endeared himself to many with parting remarks about how the owners are fantastic for the money they've put into the club and how he has no problem at all with them. Just the same old boys network nonsense that has pushed so many away from the game in recent times, along with Sky's influence. I appreciate he's given us plenty of "read between the lines" ammunition, but for a supposedly straight talking fellow those words were straight out of the "modern football manager" handbook.

I suppose we'll see. Lambert won't have endeared himself to many with parting remarks about how the owners are fantastic for the money they've put into the club and how he has no problem at all with them. Just the same old boys network nonsense that has pushed so many away from the game in recent times, along with Sky's influence. I appreciate he's given us plenty of "read between the lines" ammunition, but for a supposedly straight talking fellow those words were straight out of the "modern football manager" handbook.

He certainly has given us plenty of 'read between the lines' ammo. I must admit, I've can't remember many non-platitude parting comments from the previous 6 managers that Venkys have seen off.

I've had a nice 6 mile walk into Huddersfield, on a 9 mile bus ride to Halifax, meet a friend for a 43 mile drive to Rotherham.

Could have gone far more direct (27 mile drive from home) but thought I'd try and delay the inevitable feeling of "why have I bothered".

Archived