BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "no One Wants To Be Blackburn" - Martin Samuel, Daily Fail

And Danny Murphy was saying this morning that of course the camaraderie is important but don't expect it to stop any player going to a bigger club, even if it's to sit on the bench. They want to be part of winning something even if their only contribution is to keep the bench warm.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Danny Murphy was saying this morning that of course the camaraderie is important but don't expect it to stop any player going to a bigger club, even if it's to sit on the bench. They want to be part of winning something even if their only contribution is to keep the bench warm.

You mean they want to be part of having an even bigger bank balance than they already have. You can never have too many " Rolex " watches - I speak from experience in this regard.

Bloody hell Toppers, only a league cup to show for it? I guess you never went through most of it to put it like?

Its been the most fantastic ride over the past 25yrs, beyond every Blackburn Rovers fans wildest dreams, I'd not change it for the world.

Souey said it best, we were a proper football club.

Rubbish, with respect :tu:

European trips, cup semi finals, Craig Bellamy, charity shields, Damien Duff, Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, John Stead, Flowers debut at QPR in front of 4000 Rovers fans, 5-0 demolition of burnley etc etc

Its not just about pots.

Ironic that booth liked this post, given his avatar of choice. :lol:

Ironic that booth liked this post, given his avatar of choice. :lol:

My avatar of choice is more to do with what's happening now than then. My avatars have usually been pretty current or abstract but thanks to Venkys I now need a constant reminder of the good times. What better than to have an image of the best time. It's the one thing those utter b***ards can't take away from me.

No one here should ever state anything about Jack in a negative way.. yes we won the league but he did not pack in, he was a very pragmatic gentleman of the highest order, as all the great clubs have found one misstep and it can all go a tad wrong.. just look at ManU, Liverpool and co.. we had the chemistry right, so why change it? Sure we failed but the loss of KD was that catalyst not Jack refusing to back big spending.. lets not forget before us the league was ManU and co built on stability and not throwing your money away.

No one here should ever state anything about Jack in a negative way.. yes we won the league but he did not pack in, he was a very pragmatic gentleman of the highest order, as all the great clubs have found one misstep and it can all go a tad wrong.. just look at ManU, Liverpool and co.. we had the chemistry right, so why change it? Sure we failed but the loss of KD was that catalyst not Jack refusing to back big spending.. lets not forget before us the league was ManU and co built on stability and not throwing your money away.

He made his fair share of mistakes but I believe every decision he made, he felt was the right one. These @#/? make the decisions that are either the cheapest, most ridiculous or what they think they will make the quickest buck from. I can't imagine them being gentlemanly, kind, giving or forgiving. Just a set of people looking for a gamble, an image boost or pass time at the expense of people who care.

Archived