BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Love the way Nixon is chastised on here until he posts a story people want to believe lol.

Sadly it just shows the level of desperation alot of Rovers fans (me included) are at.

If there is a glimmer of hope that we can get rid of Venkys, I'll cling to it all day long, even if it's from Nixon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lancashire Egg Producers Association has issued a statement saying it is in talks with Venky's. The discussions may lead to LEPA taking a majority stake in BRFC or an offer for the 100% share capital of the club. "It's a chicken and egg situation at the moment," a spokesperson said.

There hatching a plot

Scary proposition. Being majority shareholder with the minority shareholder also the clubs main creditor and able to call in the debt and fold the business at any point.

Would have to be some debt restructuring for anyone with half a brain to consider coming in. And that leaves Venky's out of pocket and out of control. Can't see it happening.

Also as stated by others, there are worse owners out there - not many but a few!

I remember Portsmouth having a series of takeovers (well it felt like there were a few, I could be wrong) and each time the fans got excited as they thought their turmoil was going to end and in reality each one was worse. Venky's aren't ideal I want them gone just as much as anyone but trust me there are worse owners out there.

Going to keep an open mind until we a) hear more and B) it actually happens.

Scary proposition. Being majority shareholder with the minority shareholder also the clubs main creditor and able to call in the debt and fold the business at any point.

Would have to be some debt restructuring for anyone with half a brain to consider coming in. And that leaves Venky's out of pocket and out of control. Can't see it happening.

Also as stated by others, there are worse owners out there - not many but a few!

I understand it's going to be very very complex as the proverbial is very close to hitting the fan in a big way

We need them gone full stop not just 49%

Could be that somebody has the financial clout to pay off x amount of the debt owed to Venky's for x amount of the club. With that they could offer to fill the board of directors and oversee all operations from the UK whilst Venky's can reap some financial award and possibly have their damaged reputation in Britain restored. The opportunity to rid themselves of a problem child whilst still having some element of control could be appealing.

It may work to feed their egos with some sense of control whilst in reality taking the important part of decision making out of their hands.

Genuinely interested Abbey, what would be your thoughts if we were to ever be only partially taken over?

If it's over 50 % I will be back if it ain't then I won't . Too much pre ejaculating going on . It's Nixon .

This was my fear also. Venkys have been a disaster let's not escape this fact however they have so far put £100m of debt in venkys name not Blackburn rovers fc, why would they sell up the majority share which meant they could no longer have final say on critical business decisions? You wouldn't just lose hundereds of millions in a business and no longer be able to call the shots unless you were being bought out for a substantial amount which I wouldn't have thought would have been the case.

however let's hope they want to cut there losses and we get some proper structure back to this football club

The danger with part ownership is that the V's would still have the indecision that they always show. They would be an instant spanner in the works and I have seen nothing to suggest that they'd pair up with anybody respectable. It worries me greatly but who knows, depending on who it is and how it is structured, it may be our only way forwards. The club is dying from the fan base upwards.

Wait for Alan's story to come out as this story is better coming out at national level to give it proper exposure.

Basically it is to do with a takeover (buyer takes 51% control of the club) their plan is very smart but whether Venky's are prepared to do this is a completely different question. They don't tend to go for sensible ideas.

Other than that wait for Alan's story hopefully published tonight online.

Has you contact with the Venky's shareholders had anything to do with it?

I'd Eden a guess that the likely offer includes taking on the responsibility for the debt for control as opposed to putting money in.

The problem with that chain of thought is the current debt being secured in India - does this mean the interested party also has assets over there?

Perhaps it's paranoia, but I just can't ignore the chance we could end up between a rock and a hard place.

I can't imagine why Venkys would hand control over. The reason why there's no one at Ewood with any real decision making authority, is because they want to run the club themselves.

Im on the boat to Norway so will miss developments. As someone else said it always happens when im on holiday. Jack walkers death was announced as we arrived in plymouth on way to france.we signed rhodes while i was away. Please let this be another good news item while were away

Well this should not be a surprise to those who read some of my postings on Thursday / Friday last week under the thread 'Why Do Venky's Continue To Own Us'.

This is neither simple nor straightforward and, IMV, could go a number of ways ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous.

My money's on ridiculous.

Can't see them selling and I'm not going to be getting excited given the fact we've been here a million times before. This lot are here to stay and whilst I've accepted it I will never accept them as owners of my club. Hopefully they will do the honourable thing and step aside but I just can't see it.

Im on the boat to Norway so will miss developments. As someone else said it always happens when im on holiday. Jack walkers death was announced as we arrived in plymouth on way to france.we signed rhodes while i was away. Please let this be another good news item while were away

I hope your weather's better. Been pouring down in Southern Spain recently.

Archived