BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover / Part Takeover ?

Now that this bid has become public knowledge if it doesn't happen and in true Venky style they either ignore the bid or mess Seneca around so much that they walk away, then it will be the final straw for a lot of people. The feeling around the club is at an all time low. The vast majority have lost whatever faith they had in these people to run the club properly. League One is almost a certainty unless there is a radical investment or change in the way the club is run. People now know that there is an alternative and a future beyond Venky control. If it doesn't happen continuing with the existing setup is too depressing to even contemplate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is Andy Bayes?

Haven't had my morning poo for the first time in a very long time this morning so something is brewing.

Really? lol who is Andy Bayes? Im in South Africa and i know who he is ;)

Who is Andy Bayes?

Haven't had my morning poo for the first time in a very long time this morning so something is brewing.

BBC Radio Lancashire reporter. Probably about the same level as Paul Wheelock for being 'in the know' so I wouldn't get too excited by his gut feeling.

Who is Andy Bayes?

Bbc radio Lancs presenter.Would have done interviews with the Ian's in the past

BBC Radio Lancashire reporter. Probably about the same level as Paul Wheelock for being 'in the know' so I wouldn't get too excited by his gut feeling.

Yeah but has interviewed the Ian's in the past on a good few occasions.I presume by him saying the offer is genuine that he has spoken to them about it and they have confirmed it.He will know more than you and I that's for sure

Think Bayes is a little bit better than Wheelock though

I thought from the beginning this Pasha fella was here in a business capacity rather than a football one. Maybe he's been quietly putting the feelers out whilst getting the club in saleable shape, all the Lambert thing was a gamble whilst there was a few quid in the pot to pay for it. The V's funding appeared to stop last summer and it's been sell to survive, obviously that can only go on so long.

Still think this will get very messy indeed.

I thought from the beginning this Pasha fella was here in a business capacity rather than a football one. Maybe he's been quietly putting the feelers out whilst getting the club in saleable shape, all the Lambert thing was a gamble whilst there was a few quid in the pot to pay for it. The V's funding appeared to stop last summer and it's been sell to survive, obviously that can only go on so long.

Still think this will get very messy indeed.

I don't know about that.

Company decide to off load loss making subsidiary.

Willing buyer steps forward.

Price to be agreed.

Small print to be ironed out.

Deal done.

BRING IT ON!

If the two Ian's do have some serious financial backing then great and I will hope that if they do take over the running of the club it works out.

But it's a perfectly valid point to make that we know nothing at all about this bid or the background to it. I'm sorry but the only argument I've seen so far is that the two Ian's are Rovers fans therefore they will have to be a good option and that people say they have backers without any concrete proof isn't selling the idea to me yet.

For me we will need to see more detail if indeed it does happen.

There's a bit more to this than the last time the two Ian's tried. They've been met with silence previously, but now presumably, their offer has been forwarded by Pasha. Could it be that the offer has come after Pasha obtained the go ahead from the owners? It's possible - and I hope it has. Most business people probably wouldnt go as far as putting in a detailed offer, unless there was a signal that they were prepared to listen. Kamy has said a formal offer has been made, so hopefully this has legs.

Makes it more curious that Lambert has been let go?If this goes through and there is a decent admin structure and money for a promotion bid, that would have met all his concerns. You'd think the question of manager would be left to the new "owners" as, of course it might well be. But not Lambert!

Makes it more curious that Lambert has been let go?If this goes through and there is a decent admin structure and money for a promotion bid, that would have met all his concerns. You'd think the question of manager would be left to the new "owners" as, of course it might well be. But not Lambert!

His comments have created the space to wait in the wings?

If the two Ian's do have some serious financial backing then great and I will hope that if they do take over the running of the club it works out.

But it's a perfectly valid point to make that we know nothing at all about this bid or the background to it. I'm sorry but the only argument I've seen so far is that the two Ian's are Rovers fans therefore they will have to be a good option and that people say they have backers without any concrete proof isn't selling the idea to me yet.

We are just the fans. How does the detail involve us? Anyhow this is just the preliminary stage or even pre-preliminary as Venkys response isn't known or communicated or even formulated for all we know. It may get no further.

I'm with those who have expressed their astonishment at some of the comments on here. When I first read about it, I thought that at last here was some good news around which we could all unite!

But some apparently regard Venkys as a security blanket! Amazing.

I just hope neither of the 2 Ian's read this stuff, they will wonder why they bother.

His comments have created the space to wait in the wings?

Possibly....

it's also been claimed that they will put 60 million into the club.Can the club continue the way it's going?Seneca will obviously have plans in place to take the club foward

I don't think this story fits and while I may have missed it there doesn't appear to be anything in the media.

It's my view the serious deals, at this level, are more likely to be done quietly than in the blaze of publicity seen in the PL. While I don't doubt Kamy the "leaks from Pune" don't fit the little we know of the Raos. I feel any leaks must come from an inner circle and everything we know of the Raos indicates leaks would not be tolerated and would not be difficult to track down.

The experience at Rovers, John Williams, Tom Finn and several other senior figures, suggests those who don't toe the party line don't last long. Given the 5-6 year wall of silence from Pune and the family's love of privacy I don't imagine leaks are commonplace or tolerated at all.

While we are at it lets not forget his own paper's strap line:

"Alan Nixon is the king of football transfer gossip for the Daily Mirror."

The operative word being gossip.

Its seems interesting that none of the Ian's have been quoted anywhere so maybe this is being conducted privately .This is likely to be very complicated for a lot of reasons and I wouldn't expect to find out all the details by reading a message board. I live in hope ...but we all know what that does

We are just the fans. How does the detail involve us? Anyhow this is just the preliminary stage or even pre-preliminary as Venkys response isn't known or communicated or even formulated for all we know. It may get no further.

I'm with those who have expressed their astonishment at some of the comments on here. When I first read about it, I thought that at last here was some good news around which we could all unite!

But some apparently regard Venkys as a security blanket! Amazing.

I just hope neither of the 2 Ian's read this stuff, they will wonder why they bother.

Possibly....

Not read all the comments - but those I have are just questioning the financial backing that they have. Some Blackpool fans tried to buy out the club under a similar arrangement - but had limited money and business plan - which gave the Oystons the opportunity to reasonably reject it.

All because the two Ian's are Rover's fans doesn't mean that their plans and financial backing shouldn't be questioned. To turn Rover's around from it's current plight if you aren't a billionaire would be some mean feat - but I applaud the Ian's for at least trying - and hope their plans are good enough to pursuade the owners.

I would urge a huge amount of caution in terms of getting excited about this. Full credit to the two Ian's for being proactive and looking for a sensible solution which this to me is. However, at the moment there no evidence that the venky's are willing to engage with anyone and likely that they will ignore it like they have done with other bids (although I hope that I am wrong).

If Venky's do ignore this or reject it out of hand then unfortunately I cannot see anyone else being able to buy the club from Venky's and we are stuck with them for foreseeable future which will be bleak considering they continue not to learn lessons from all of the bad decisions that they have made.

Surely you question their plans and financial backing once you know what they are?

But when the alternative is Venkys carrying on as normal, it'll take a lot to convince me this isn't progress.

(Sorry, this is in response to DMTP above)

The offer is true.

But don't build up hopes.

Venky's are secretive so there is no way of understanding what they are thinking or how they are thinking so it is impossible to anticipate what they want to do, what their motivations are, what their fears are or what their dreams are. It means putting any offer to them is a complete shot in the dark.

I believed that the advice they were receiving had improved dramatically having finally put their trust in someone most of us would appreciate as understanding football and how a football club is run without also having a rip off or massively corrupt mindset.

Very welcome changes were made but then the tap was switched off again.

Whenever you look at situations with huge vacuums or imbalances, you know something is going to change. It is inevitable.

What you don't know is when, how and whether what follows will be any good. I think the two Ians are to be applauded but at the end of the day, we are still looking at 141 years of history of Britain's most successful town club being deeply at risk unless and until a more football-centric ownership and management is in place.

The coming days may well prove very dramatic but I have no idea what the outcome will be.

Archived