• Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of hoping they will appoint Judan Ali. At least then, surely, it'll unite the fanbase in their condemnation of the owners and the protests can really ramp up.

That'll be 2 letters of protest to the LET instead of one.

7 days till transfer window opens and 3 weeks till holidays end and pre season starts, I'm at the point of hoping they are waiting for better names and letting Irvine keep the reins till then!

In fact that's very basically trying to look on the bright side, the only benefit we have of not yet making the decision is we don't have Coyle, Mcleish, Redfearn or some other guaranteed relegation/bore fest battle.

Maybe they've tapped up old squashy nose from Hull since he may be leaving despite promotion!

I'd take any bore fest as long as we stay up next season. Excitement on the footy pitch is over-rated.

I thought I'd pass on something I heard over the bank holiday weekend.

My parents met up with some family friends on Sunday and got on to the subject of the Rovers managerial vacancy. They said that their grandchild goes to school with Warren Joyce's son who stated very confidently (at the end of last week) that his dad has no interest whatsoever in becoming Rovers' next manager.

Please take this for what it is (i.e. third hand information arising out of a chat between two boys at primary school) and do not shoot me down if Joyce happens to be appointed tomorrow!

I don't think so. Cellino has a much worse reputation than Venkys and yet he's managed (until recently) to recruit managers.

Whilst we may not get another manager of Lambert's calibre and reputation, there are lots and lots of managers out there who would jump at the chance to get back into management at a Championship club of this size. We've already seen attempts from the likes of Davies and McLeish to drum up interest in them by planted media reports. There will be lots of others. Warnock was clearly receptive to the idea - he didn't dismiss it in the media and it appears there were at least some sort of talks with him before it fell flat.

I think this is a combination of Venkys indecisiveness along with a reluctance to pay the new man a months salary before pre-season starts. They really are so clueless that they probably think they are being clever by avoiding paying a new manager to be in place through the summer, failing to realise the damage it is doing to our chances next season.

We've come full circle. In November we had almost unbelievable decisiveness and quick thinking when appointing Lambert and his staff, now they are making up for that by taking months to find a new man after they caused Lambert to walk.

Its been 54 days since Lambert claimed he had told the club he was off, and 33 days since he went public with his decision. That is disgusting, but not surprising for an amateur outfit with no directors.

Dont disagree with much of that JHR.

I was more posing my question in relation to why is a Kentaro represented manager figuring so strongly in the reckoning.

Either Venkys are desperate or there are tantric tentacles still pulling the levers at Ewood.

It's certainly possible. Managers rarely walk away from a club and into unemployment, if it gets tough they just usually sit it out and wait to get paid off. Some of these managers applying for the job will want to know why Lambert walked.

I don't think enough has been made of this fact. Its highly unusual, and you can be sure the League Managers Grapevine is buzzing with rumours.

Given that, you'd have to question the motives of ANY manager that shows an interest in the job.

But this delay, while our only Senior Board Member is is on holiday is shambolic and beyond ridiculous.

Leeds fan in the office has just claimed Kean to Leeds is done on a 2 year deal. :blink:

Edit: Now saying it was a massive hoax but it was on the Leeds website apparently?

It was on a fake Leeds twitter account and a fake twitter account of their local reporter Phil Hay. Garry Monk has come into the reckoning for them and is probably far more likely than Kean, unfortunately.

It was on a fake Leeds twitter account and a fake twitter account of their local reporter Phil Hay. Garry Monk has come into the reckoning for them and is probably far more likely than Kean, unfortunately.

It was one the most euphoric moments of my whole life.

Still nothing manager wise I bet this will run to pre season were we'll be at the desperation stage.. Mind you with the names already mentioned are we at that stage already

Honestly im pretty forgiving and id be prepared to give pretty much any body a chance before judging to harshly, But there is no way on this planet Owen effin Coyle would get any breathing space, the man isn't fit to be anywhere near our club and I don't think id be exaggerating one bit by saying he'd quickly become just of big of a figure of hate than Kean.

I honestly dont believe even our board/owners would be stupid enough to seriously consider him though, I think its just pure agent bs and fabricated tabloid fodder

Not read today's thread but some LT comments mention Gigg's - high profile, would be a massive cost.

Can't see it but with Venky delays anything could happen.

Can't see that happening but would that really be any different to giving David Dunn the role?

Fail to see how Giggs gets linked with any high profile jobs given his lack of experience.

Not read today's thread but some LT comments mention Gigg's - high profile, would be a massive cost.

Can't see it but with Venky delays anything could happen.

out of curiosity if it was a straight choice between giggs and joyce who would you choose. Joyce all day for me.

Archived