• Keith Hill
    • Alan Stubbs
    • Gareth Ainsworth
    • Alan Irvine
    • Paul Jewell
    • Phil Parkinson
    • Uwe Rosler

Hijacking the first post to add a poll.

Two questions, who do you expect and who do you want. Based on the managers currently at 33/1 or less on Bet Victor

_____Original post below ___________

Could somebody merge once the other thread is undeleted...

Thought this was interesting.

6ABCD3BE-BD81-42D1-870C-963C7D0C1678.jpg

Cheston has now gone on holiday for two weeks (according to St Nick)!

#runbyamateurs

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cheston has gone on holiday then it just shows that he isnt needed for the new manager search.

We need a manager asap. Hopefully this is done by Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

Who else is left to do it ?

Surely it would be cheston who would do the press conference announcing the new manager? Principally because no one else is left to do it. Lets not forget that this is the guy who said time was on our side.

Basically, the man in charge of recruiting our next manager had drawn up a short list, interviewed candidates and will let them know when he is back from holiday.

That's how it reads to me.

If Cheston has gone on holiday then it just shows that he isnt needed for the new manager search.

We need a manager asap. Hopefully this is done by Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

Or... we are being run by a bunch of amateurs? Hmm. Tough one.

It doesn't 'just show' anything. Well, nothing positive anyway.

Let's say that Stubbs was the guy they have been waiting to interview. Who will do that now?

Irvine and Kelly? What, the blokes who will work for him? Or even be replaced by his team?

Pasha? Possibly. It would be a little irregular given that he apparently doesn't officially work for the club (yet).

Silent Bob? Shebby? One of the players? The cat?

Still maybe I'll be surprised and they'll wheel out our saviour by the middle of next week. Well, by saviour, I mean the next chump prepared to work with Venkys BS.

Funny how people believe Nixon when it suits them. As far as I can gather, one fan on FB made an insinuation that Cheston was going on holiday, and to be honest it looked about as serious as my post yesterday asserting that Alan Stubbs had just bought a train ticket from Glasgow Central to Mill Hill.

I realise that we all need a bit of proper news regarding a new manager but this place never ceases to amaze me at times lol.

Nixon probably just picked up the same Facebook thread and ran with it.

Surely it would be cheston who would do the press conference announcing the new manager? Principally because no one else is left to do it. Lets not forget that this is the guy who said time was on our side.

Basically, the man in charge of recruiting our next manager had drawn up a short list, interviewed candidates and will let them know when he is back from holiday.

That's how it reads to me.

By which time the chosen manager could go elsewhere. Incredible, (even by our standards), if everything gets put on hold until Cheston comes back from his jollies!

Who else is left to do it ?

isn't Pasha running the show and not Cheston tbh? plus Slivester is there aswell.

won't Rob Gill(head of media and communications now) do the press conference with Rovers presenting the new manager and no body else from the club like we did when we appointed Michael Appleton?

Irvine and Kelly. They've apparently been advising on everything else, so why not?

I would rather give Irvine the manager job then some of the names that has be mention on this potential shortlist of 4

Has the decision already been made? Therefore he isn't needed

I thought that. maybe

isn't Pasha running the show and not Cheston tbh? plus Slivester is there aswell.

won't Rob Gill(head of media and communications now) do the press conference with Rovers presenting the new manager and no body else from the club like we did when we appointed Michael Appleton?

I would rather give Irvine the manager job then some of the names that has be mention on this potential shortlist of 4

I thought that. maybe

Pasha hasn't got a work permit, so that would be illegal

Or... we are being run by a bunch of amateurs? Hmm. Tough one.

It doesn't 'just show' anything. Well, nothing positive anyway.

Let's say that Stubbs was the guy they have been waiting to interview. Who will do that now?

Irvine and Kelly? What, the blokes who will work for him? Or even be replaced by his team?

Pasha? Possibly. It would be a little irregular given that he apparently doesn't officially work for the club (yet).

Like I said before Stuart isn't Pasha basically running the club for Venkys now?

Funny how people believe Nixon when it suits them. As far as I can gather, one fan on FB made an insinuation that Cheston was going on holiday, and to be honest it looked about as serious as my post yesterday asserting that Alan Stubbs had just bought a train ticket from Glasgow Central to Mill Hill.

I realise that we all need a bit of proper news regarding a new manager but this place never ceases to amaze me at times lol.

Nixon probably just picked up the same Facebook thread and ran with it.

Wouldn't believe Nixon if he had the Bible in one hand and the Koran in the other. Complete charlatan.

So if true, it means for the next 2 weeks the club will be operating without an active director. Is that even allowed? Never mind it must be virtually impossible to function on that basis.

To be fair to Cheston he probably needs a holiday after doing 4 people's jobs at once for the last few months as the board has been combined into one job. Good job he sorted out trivial matters like announcing the new kit makers and getting season tickets on sale first!

If he's going on holiday it makes sense for it to be at this time of year, assuming there are no major decisions to be made in the next fortnight.

Unfortunately we have some very important decisions to be made in the next week or two, which if left any longer will hurt our chances next season.

If he's going on holiday at this juncture it means one of several things:

1. The new manager has already been decided upon and doesn't need any more input from him
  2. He has little/no involvement in the decision anyway so the process can continue without him (if so who is leading the search?)
  3. They really are so clueless that the search will be on ice for a fortnight because the only man who can sort the appointment out is out of the country on his holidays (in this case we've no hope at all)

Would Steve Cotterill be a good appointment? Worked well in the past with thread-bare squads, low budgets and difficult circumstances before - and succeeded. Lots of experience... managed Burnley though.

Been out with family for lunch. Can someone explain what has happened to the "Next Manager" topic?

Admin Staff had a bit of a problem and lost it but may be able to get it back and, as you can read above, its been suggested that this thread will be added onto the old one once normal service comes back.

Nothing to do with Venkys!

Been out with family for lunch. Can someone explain what has happened to the "Next Manager" topic?

Seems that it got swept away when the forum was cleaned up following some work that Glenn and biddy are doing. You might have noticed some old rogue threads.

It can always be merged again later if necessary.

Would Steve Cotterill be a good appointment? Worked well in the past with thread-bare squads, low budgets and difficult circumstances before - and succeeded. Lots of experience... managed Burnley though.

Quite disgracefully he's one of the most qualified of the options suggested. If he hadn't managed that lot then i'd prefer him to Redfearn, Stubbs, Hignett, Hill etc. However, he has managed them and on that basis alone should be avoided. Then there's the fact that he seems to struggle at this level and that Bristol City went from strength to strength after he was sacked.

Operation dumb down is producing the desired results though. When Cotterill has a better CV than most of the linked candidates then you're in trouble.

Flagged up Cotterill the other week, I like him despite being an ex dingle he always speaks well of Rovers and describes this corner of the country as one of the most passionate. Met him last year when he had his team in a hotel in Manchester and again he spoke well of Rovers.

Thing is as JH said he's another who doesn't fare well at this level but if things go the way we expect then he's good at working with tied hands. This time next year we'll be looking for a gaffer to get us back in the champ probably so we'd better save him till then !

Archived