BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

The "owners" of Blackburn Rovers Football Club have once again showed a complete lack of interest in engaging with the people who make the club what it is... The fans. They have showed no interest in presenting the fans with what direction they wish to take the club. The complete lack of communication represents they are happy for the club to gather debt and continue in the manner it has been, without leadership, structure and plan, it deserves better than that.

Venky ownership seems to be intent on the complete destruction of the work of the man who made this club what it was and treat with utter contempt. There have been numerous protests over the years, all of which ignored and the options to which the fans can show their displeasure have seemingly run out. The club will always exist because of us but at this point the idea of supporting the club under Venky ownership is one that many fans, myself included, is something that is just not possible.

Supporting your local team is supposed to be something to be proud of, something to believe in but there is no pride and nothing to believe in supporting Blackburn Rovers at this time. This is a club built on success, a rich history and one of the founding members of the football league. Due to sheer ignorance and mismanagement, Blackburn Rovers is a shadow of what it once was. There are many of you that will have supported the club in bad times before Jack Walker came along, I understand that many of you may feel that the current situation is nothing new to you.

Before the season begins I feel there is no better time for the fans to boycott and refuse to renew season tickets or like many support the team away from home. Venkys need to be shown by the fan base that we are not willing to support them and the way they are running Blackburn Rovers. I don't mean for this to come across as walking away from the club, we will always be Blackburn Rovers supporters, instead... View this as walking away from Venky ownership.

Enough is enough, it is time to show our strength in numbers and turn our backs on them just as they have done to us.

Venkys Out.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and the old man have agreed to watch Wigan next year, we used to have ST's at our place and god even my first game at 10 years old under Kidd he has always taken me but we agreed the other week to watch his lads!

Will Grigg is on fire you know!

Everyone on here says that they aren't bothered how many fans turn up - so what difference would a boycott make ?

Instead why not attend - and protest at the match ?

They're bothered. Why would they be moving the camera gantry and trying to force people to sit in front of the cameras

Completely agree Neal.

Couldn't disagree more Dunnfc. Why go and support a rival?! That isn't a boycott. I understand going to watch a local non league side but a championship rival?!

I love watching football, living at Media City, Salford i've recently thought about watching Man Utd if at home or Bury at home.

Watching BRFC these days is putting money and agreeing to the pilgrimage of our club.

Watching Wigan is partly down to my family given they are a majority of Latics fans, i wouldn't say i'm supporting them by watching but meerley get my football fix and spending time with the family in a more positive atmosphere!

I think , I would be locked up for invading the pitch !

They don't lock you up for that pal :tu:

They're bothered. Why would they be moving the camera gantry and trying to force people to sit in front of the cameras

Absolutely :tu:

Turn up at Ewood, protest outside and don't go into the ground,

Would be ideal but people wont in their massees, boycotting is a simpler and easier form of protest for people.

I've been waiting for the action group to restart some form of protests but they no longer seem active, if protests other than this recommence then I will be there just as I always have. We need to fight but unfortunately this is the only way i see the fans fighting against Venkys ownership.

Isn't it part of the tv rights that payment is subject to a certain majority of the ground being shown as full.

Think there was a similar deal struck on La Liga and reported on the beeb this week?

I agree with Neal. I have had a season ticket since 1989 as a 12 year old boy but after the farce with lambert I am gone. I thought there was a chink of light when lambert was appointed but what has followed has simply been beyond belief. The club is more than 11 people playing in blue and white - it has no soul as it stands and it is clear to me this will not change with Venkys in charge. It is simply heart wrenching. I will hopefully get to some away games this season. I will return if a proper management structure is put in place and fit and proper communication begins however it ain't going to happen with this lot. I will never attend someone else's matches instead though. That is switching allegiances and I can't understand people who do including Accy Stanley.

I agree with Neal. I have had a season ticket since 1989 as a 12 year old boy but after the farce with lambert I am gone. I thought there was a chink of light when lambert was appointed but what has followed has simply been beyond belief. The club is more than 11 people playing in blue and white - it has no soul as it stands and it is clear to me this will not change with Venkys in charge. It is simply heart wrenching. I will hopefully get to some away games this season. I will return if a proper management structure is put in place and fit and proper communication begins however it ain't going to happen with this lot. I will never attend someone else's matches instead though. That is switching allegiances and I can't understand people who do including Accy Stanley.

Amen to that :tu:

Isn't it part of the tv rights that payment is subject to a certain majority of the ground being shown as full.

Think there was a similar deal struck on La Liga and reported on the beeb this week?

That must be the best one I've heard yet. Jesus h Christ.

I think , I would be locked up for invading the pitch !

we could all protest on the pitch so then we all get bans which means we don't have to go through the misery of attending :)

Going to watch another team regularly is a cop out. It shows your just miffed at watching a poor side and not really a statement of staying away because your disgusted at the ownership and the way it's being run.

On the boycott thing I was calling for it towards the end of last season, the perfect time with nowt to play for and loads staying away anyway. Especially with Lambert publically quitting and Myers and basically telling us what was coming.

A statement then from the fans showing the club and those tossers we were prepared to do that might just might have sprung them into some sort of action. Too late now and as the nonsense continues to unfold and on the pitch the team struggles the result will be organic small protests. Ewood will return to the virtually empty toxic place it was pre Bowyer.

A great place to blood youth players and ask a rookie coach to keep this shambles in the Championship.

True for La Liga, not true in UK.

It would be impossible at championship level anyway as half the grounds are empty for tv games.

Yes thats what it is.

They are also going to reduce the length of the pitch, so you can see both goals in the camera view without the camera having to pan left and right.

Im particularly looking forward to seeing how the 'Inflate Your Mate' initiative to boost attendances goes. Apparently all season ticket holders will get a free inflatable 'mate' to take to the game to sit next to them.

I just hope the initiative isn't misunderstood.

More stewards than supporters next season.

They wouldn't want some naughty plebs on the pitch.

Strange how the Venkys Thought Police spend more time on bull5hit ideas than actually running a Football Club.

You'd think they had something to hide.

On moving the TV gantry.

To be fair, it's something that's been asked for by some fans for decades, it's been mention on here many times and I remember it being brought up at the Fans Forum numerous time. I don't see any big conspiracy theory there.

What I can't fathom is how all the previous insurmountable structural challenges has now be bested.

Archived