BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Wycombe Chairman hints at Rovers' approach for Gareth Ainsworth

The GetBucks.Co.Uk website (the online arm of the Buckinghamshire Examiner newspaper) is reporting that Wycombe chairman Andrew Howard is "tight lipped" about the club's current manager taking over the manager's role at Rovers, however the language used is making many people believe that Howard is resigned to the fact he's leaving.

I have no comment to make on that. But whether with Wycombe Wanderers or in any career, people have the right to move on. We don't have the right to stand in the way of anybody, from Gareth to the players to someone in the sales team. I have enjoyed working with Gareth for some years now and we are continuing to work hard to improve our situation." said the Wycombe Chairman.

Blackburn born Ainsworth, has been one of the favourites to take the Rovers job with several bookies for some time now.

Is he a favourite with the fans? Have your say below in the comments or on our forums.
“"
I have no comment to make on that. But whether with Wycombe Wanderers or in any career, people have the right to move on. We don't have the right to stand in the way of anybody, from Gareth to the players to someone in the sales team. I have enjoyed working with Gareth for some years now and we are continuing to work hard to improve our situation." said the Wycombe Chairman.

Full Article on GetBucks.co.UK
“"

View full article

Some perspective here. At 'cash strapped' Wycombe Ainsworth has just presided over a 13th place (bottom half) finish in the 4th division after leading them to a failed play-off challenge the season before. This is the same League that John Coleman has just led Accy Stanley to 4th place and goal difference away from automatic promotion.

If it were Exeter's Paul Tisdale or Yeovil's Darren Way linked it would be dismissed immediately by those with sense, yet because he's got a link to Blackburn its seen as a go-er.

Well, as ever, it's more what they don't say, rather than what they do say - and there was no denial of rovers interest. Maybe he was just one of the short list, somewhere below van Gaal.

Things look worse by the minute. Anyone got some good news?

We could probably do worse than consider Jason Wilcox if we are going down the Joyce type route. I doubt he'd want it as he's on a good number at City but he fits a good bit of the so called criteria.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.