BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Camera Position In Riverside

Looks well though doesn't it? Shop window job perhaps? Just thinking about Kamys post from earlier today.

I know, It's the hope etc

Thats actually a good shout Bob. And thinking about Lambert and the Seneca rejection, which on the surface made no sense, maybe the decision to sell had been taken, which changed the forward plan.

But like you say, the hope...

Let's hope so pal let's hope so

You know mate, we come on here, day in day out. It's a right habit. We love our club. I was in the verge of packing it in recently, not going, but coming on here. So I took a step back for a couple of weeks. Crap like "if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem" from a bloke who's "boycotting" yet lives in Hampshire and wouldn't know where The Albion used to be if he was stood outside it makes me feel embarrassed to be part of this community.

We're all hurting. Fans are taking what they believe is the best course of action. I'm still going, your not. I reckon it's hurting you like hell, I have upmost respect for you and the decision you've made, I really have.

I don't believe it'll make the slightest difference. I'm not trying to be disparaging in any way whatsoever. As has been pointed out, people will do what they think is morally correct. But when we pick up £1.25m from the Rochina sell alone and that covers the missing fans losses. Well, I can't and don't believe it'll make a difference.

I long for the day when this is over, when we can start again.

The silence, the lack of a plan, the lack of a long term strategy or even a suspicion of a desire to return to the Premier League (and surely the easiest, most pragmatic, way of recouping "their" losses) says it all.

I don't believe we matter. I don't believe the financial losses hurt them. I don't think they would give two hoots if there was 30,000 on or 57 people and a dog. It's just another company they own. The other 50 odd they run have it covered. "What? Spend more money on that football thing? After the snowball? I don't think so. Just minimise the losses for a few years please. Appoint an accountant or something. Put some lip stick on it, make it look good and we'll have a think about selling it for £150 million. Is that too much? Come back and tell me about it at the end of January just before that transfer window thing starts. Next..."

• Like 6

Excellent post Bob.

Best bit...

Couldn't agree more. The longer Venkys have been involved the worse thing have got. Season after season.

You know mate, we come on here, day in day out. It's a right habit. We love our club. I was in the verge of packing it in recently, not going, but coming on here. So I took a step back for a couple of weeks. Crap like "if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem" from a bloke who's "boycotting" yet lives in Hampshire and wouldn't know where The Albion used to be if he was stood outside it makes me feel embarrassed to be part of this community.

We're all hurting. Fans are taking what they believe is the best course of action. I'm still going, your not. I reckon it's hurting you like hell, I have upmost respect for you and the decision you've made, I really have.

I don't believe it'll make the slightest difference. I'm not trying to be disparaging in any way whatsoever. As has been pointed out, people will do what they think is morally correct. But when we pick up £1.25m from the Rochina sell alone and that covers the missing fans losses. Well, I can't and don't believe it'll make a difference.

The silence, the lack of a plan, the lack of a long term strategy or even a suspicion of a desire to return to the Premier League (and surely the easiest, most pragmatic, way of recouping "their" losses) says it all.

I don't believe we matter. I don't believe the financial losses hurt them. I don't think they would give two hoots if there was 30,000 on or 57 people and a dog. It's just another company they own. The other 50 odd they run have it covered. "What? Spend more money on that football thing? After the snowball? I don't think so. Just minimise the losses for a few years please. Appoint an accountant or something. Put some lip stick on it, make it look good and we'll have a think about selling it for £150 million. Is that too much? Come back and tell me about it at the end of January just before that transfer window thing starts. Next..."

It hurts Steve it really really does and that's after only one game :( . To be honest for me it's not about hurting them financially it's more me making my own stand and giving anymore money to dick taters and parasites. I can't be a part of venkdom anymore. After the Lambert farce I could no longer be a part of it . A bit like people buying free range eggs instead of caged ones .

Saturday's I'm going to at a loss and the wife will be fed up by September of me moping , but morally I personally can't give another penny to them .

The day they leave then I 200% will be back and then the new rows will start as the ones who stay will be on I'm better than you missions .. To use s Metallica , it's sad but true.

• Like 1

The day they leave then I 200% will be back and then the new rows will start as the ones who stay will be on I'm better than you missions ..

Well more fool them mate, got to rise above all that. Let's hope you have that problem soon.

As a good man occasionally says on here "WE are the Rovers". And Nothing Else Matters.

• Like 3

A bit like people buying free range eggs instead of caged ones .

Great analogy.

At the moment people are buying caged hen's eggs, justifying it because they really like omelettes, and it's the oldest and only egg supplier in town. The shop facade and interior looks the same even though all of the staff and the owner has changed. The new owner doesn't care and the back room is in a bad way but as long as we pretend it's just like it always was then that doesn't matter.

Shopping here is a family tradition and we need to make sure our kids eat eggs because... well my dad made me eat eggs and one time we came there was a firework display and a big party, by way of a reward. It's not cool any more so we'll need to use the 'moral line' so we can either lie and say that they are free range, or make them eat them out of duty, because even though they are treated badly if we didn't buy the eggs then the hens wouldn't exist at all.

If we don't shop here then eventually the place will close and we'd have to buy free range eggs out of a wheelbarrow from a bloke next door, and I'd rather continue this pretence a bit longer than do that.

Or we could all just eat tofu.

Great analogy.

At the moment people are buying caged hen's eggs, justifying it because they really like omelettes, and it's the oldest and only egg supplier in town. The shop facade and interior looks the same even though all of the staff and the owner has changed. The new owner doesn't care and the back room is in a bad way but as long as we pretend it's just like it always was then that doesn't matter.

Shopping here is a family tradition and we need to make sure our kids eat eggs because... well my dad made me eat eggs and one time we came there was a firework display and a big party, by way of a reward. It's not cool any more so we'll need to use the 'moral line' so we can either lie and say that they are free range, or make them eat them out of duty, because even though they are treated badly if we didn't buy the eggs then the hens wouldn't exist at all.

If we don't shop here then eventually the place will close and we'd have to buy free range eggs out of a wheelbarrow from a bloke next door, and I'd rather continue this pretence a bit longer than do that.

Or we could all just eat tofu.

I think you over-egged that one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Letter appeared on twitter, sent to a Riverside season ticket holder arrived today, saying there may be problems with the views because of the new TV gantry, looks like the operation to shut the Riverside next season is under way

Edit Image attached

Co2BW28WcAACkKf.jpg

Edited by perthblue02

Crazy innit. Out of all the things the club needs to change, it spends money potentially annoying people further! That's not "dark forces", it's sheer ignorance and a poor prioritising.

The letter is terrible also. Start by apologising, don't start by telling us what it's for.

I've sat back of riverside since 92, bar one season lower (surrounded by an Allardyce out mob) in 2010.

• Like 1

The world must be holding it's breath for the 10 seconds on Channel 5 every Saturday evening

Yep I'm all aquiver, the excitment is too much and 10 secs may not be enough time to count all the people in the JW, almost but not quite :wacko:

It can't have cost that much can it? Any one know? Bit of scaffolding, couple of planks and a ladder - job done. Oh I forgot it's the H&S era so the elevator probably cost a packet plus onsite loo.............

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I think the stumbling block in the past was that the stand was pretty full and frankly the gantry destroys the view from 1/4 of the prime seats in the middle.

Now there's sweet fa fans in there they can build as big a gantry as they like for the most pointless exercise in the clubs history.

Now the world won't get to see a real football stand with decent leg room. Now all they will get to see is the JW with what few fans are in there with their knees up to their nose as it was made for people who are 2ft 3" :D

• Like 1

Letter appeared on twitter, sent to a Riverside season ticket holder arrived today, saying there may be problems with the views because of the new TV gantry, looks like the operation to shut the Riverside next season is under way

Edit Image attached

Co2BW28WcAACkKf.jpg

Watching public around the World!! If the editor of the letter had been to school then they would realise it is World not world.....pathetic.

And why would anyone in the Riverside be bothered about a view of the JW Stand? I thought they came to see the football for 80 minutes rather than count the fans in the JW Stand (which would take 5 minutes).

Weird.

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 1

I think the stumbling block in the past was that the stand was pretty full and frankly the gantry destroys the view from 1/4 of the prime seats in the middle.

Now there's sweet fa fans in there they can build as big a gantry as they like for the most pointless exercise in the clubs history.

Now the world won't get to see a real football stand with decent leg room. Now all they will get to see is the JW with what few fans are in there with their knees up to their nose as it was made for people who are 2ft 3" :D

But surely with cost cutting measures in abundance we can't afford this. Factor in Cheston said ticket money goes towards running costs of the ground and that's going to take a big blow because of the stayaways. Then they lay some off who've worked there for years then hey presto they spend money on something as pointless as this.

So lack of income doesn't apply to stupid whims then ?

• Like 2

But surely with cost cutting measures in abundance we can't afford this. Factor in Cheston said ticket money goes towards running costs of the ground and that's going to take a big blow because of the stayaways. Then they lay some off who've worked there for years then hey presto they spend money on something as pointless as this.

So lack of income doesn't apply to stupid whims then ?

Who said we can afford it?

I don't sit there, but I love the Riverside! I have no problem with the cameras focusing there, and hate the idea of moving fans from there for the purpose of showing swathes of empty seats in the JW.

Why couldn't they put the gantry on the roof?

Would still be lower than in the JW, and wouldn't impact on any supporters views.

Being in the Riverside myself for some 20 years, I love my seats. They are MY seats!!!

To move elsewhere would not only annoy me, but also raise the question of whether or not I should renew in the first place.

This is going to cause problems, particularly on Saturday, when people get to their seats, only to realise their view is now compromised.

I'm expecting angry faces in the Riverside on Saturday!

• Like 1

Why couldn't they put the gantry on the roof?

Would still be lower than in the JW, and wouldn't impact on any supporters views.

Being in the Riverside myself for some 20 years, I love my seats. They are MY seats!!!

To move elsewhere would not only annoy me, but also raise the question of whether or not I should renew in the first place.

This is going to cause problems, particularly on Saturday, when people get to their seats, only to realise their view is now compromised.

I'm expecting angry faces in the Riverside on Saturday!

There will probably be plenty of room to move to other seats if they want to but Rovers say that the pitch is visible from all of the seats but have not said what the view is like when the ball is in the air.

There will probably be plenty of room to move to other seats if they want to but Rovers say that the pitch is visible from all of the seats but have not said what the view is like when the ball is in the air.

Thank goodness we no longer have Big Sam as Manager then :-)