BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Camera Position In Riverside

Can't see there being a problem there,hardly noticeable...should have been done years ago!https://mobile.twitter.com/Rovers/status/761496493702451200/photo/3

. Think everyone was in agreement that it should have been done years ago,but as soon as they do,all the doom and gloom merchants saying waste of time,no one will be able to see,and some even thinking the scaffolding was staying,now some are saying it looks crap,bleeding hell its a TVs gantry,end of..
  • Like 1

. Think everyone was in agreement that it should have been done years ago,but as soon as they do,all the doom and gloom merchants saying waste of time,no one will be able to see,and some even thinking the scaffolding was staying,now some are saying it looks crap,bleeding hell its a TVs gantry,end of..

Should have been done years ago when we had spare money to do it. No sense whatsoever wasting money we haven't got now doing it just so a set of idiotic gimps in India can see the main stand. You do realise people are getting laid off right ? How much wages has that cost ?

You do realise people are getting laid off right ?

Erm that goes with the territory ...people boycotting ..less people required ..?

Just shows how much they care about their staff. Like the fans, considered totally not important.

• Like 2

What redundancies ? I think the brew room staff were redeployed at Ewood ? If we are talking match day catering and stewards they have a high turnover of staff here and I guess any cut back would be from recruiting replacements.

Ticket office and hospitality may have had more full timers but as the above post suggested .lower addendances mean less job to do.

But i have not heard of any redundancies ?

Ewood attendances went poor in 2005 and did not pick up again until 2008 with the big reduction in season ticket costs... It's been a problem area for years.

What redundancies ? I think the brew room staff were redeployed at Ewood ? If we are talking match day catering and stewards they have a high turnover of staff here and I guess any cut back would be from recruiting replacements.

Ticket office and hospitality may have had more full timers but as the above post suggested .lower addendances mean less job to do.

But i have not heard of any redundancies ?

Ewood attendances went poor in 2005 and did not pick up again until 2008 with the big reduction in season ticket costs... It's been a problem area for years.

The woman in the tunnel was made redundant about 4 weeks ago. She is a lovely lass and Rovers thru and thru. It came as a surprise.

Rover the Dog (what happened to Roverslion - he was great with the kids) is now taking over tunnel duties.

Edited by preston blue
  • Like 1

You do realise people are getting laid off right ?

Erm that goes with the territory ...people boycotting ..less people required ..?

Except these plans for the gantry were in motion way before ST's were on sale !

Except these plans for the gantry were in motion way before ST's were on sale !

Not wanting an argument Tom but the facts are regardless of spending money on the ground doing whatever is that less people on matchdays will have an impact on jobs in and around the ground.

Just wait until we ve to start shutting whole stands.

• Like 2

Who's 'really to blame' for less fans in attendance. And thusly less staff jobs? (I use in attendance because Rovers have the same amount of fans they had pre-december 2010)

Tip: Begins with V

Edited by Rover_Shaun

Not wanting an argument Tom but the facts are regardless of spending money on the ground doing whatever is that less people on matchdays will have an impact on jobs in and around the ground.

Just wait until we ve to start shutting whole stands.

The players come out of the tunnel regardless of who's in the ground. Maybe they'll shut that next and they can just come in through the gates in the corner of the JW ? BBE. :blink:

There is no justification for wasting money on the TV gantry whatsoever during these tight times. Like has been said that's a few peoples wages, people who are still needed. Maybe they want one of those electronic advert hoardings I heard that was in the pipeline so possibly it can only be at the JW side but still we are hardly on the box anyway. This kind of stuff is what you do when you get back to the Prem !

We know the real reason is it's just a whim from owners who employ an accountant to cut costs at ground level then completely wipe it out by wasting it on something pointless. A classic example if there ever was one of what we are up against with these fools and why we will never move forwards under them, ever !

Surely they could have spent the money on paint and a clean?

That's next on the agenda according to Cheston, he's been on the roof you know !

All about priorities with these lot though isn't it. Arse about tit priorities.

• Backroom

No issue with people boycotting and fully understand it.

However I do agree that if you are making a stand by stopping money going to the club you kind of lose the right to complain about cut backs

• Like 3

However I do agree that if you are making a stand by stopping money going to the club you kind of lose the right to complain about cut backs

Everyone is allowed an opinion Tom.

The argument about the gantry is that it was planned before ST's went on sale so it was happening anyway before the realisation of a fair reduction in sales. Maybe it should've been shelved once they realised, work only started a couple of weeks ago.

I think Tom has a point though. Less supporters = less staff. It's not nice but it's a consequence of boycotting. You can't have it all ways. By the way I'm as upset as anybody about the tunnel girl. Surely she was unaffected by the size of the crowd.

• Like 1

I think Tom has a point though. Less supporters = less staff. It's not nice but it's a consequence of boycotting. You can't have it all ways. By the way I'm as upset as anybody about the tunnel girl. Surely she was unaffected by the size of the crowd.

Don't disagree that less supporters require less staff, just that I should be allowed to have an opinion that the new gantry is a waste of money when we are broke and have plenty of other priorities.

• Backroom

Of course, but if you vote one way in an election and your man wins and is a dud your right to complain isn't as strong.

As I said though I'm with the boycotters I could have been one myself but succumbed

Of course, but if you vote one way in an election and your man wins and is a dud your right to complain isn't as strong.

As I said though I'm with the boycotters I could have been one myself but succumbed

I think Baz is right ..moving the gantry is a waste of cash.

My point was that TomPhil was tying the move of the gantry when people were being laid off. Whether the gantry was moved or not,jobs will go with reduced attendances.Thats a fact.

As for spending the money on a paint and clean,im damn sure someone would have kicked up a fuss about spending money on that too! This is where we are at with Blackburn Rovers..damned if do damned if they dont.

All brought about by how the clubs been run for the last 6 years i hasten to add.

Venky's are supposed to be philanthropic billionaires, but it's up to the fans to keep the staff at Ewood in jobs, even if that means getting @#/? on every two weeks? Sure, why not.

So they should just pay staff to stand around in empty stands ..??