BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Camera Position In Riverside

• Backroom

So they should just pay staff to stand around in empty stands ..??

No, but to try and make people who choose not to fund the Raos debt feel guilty over Ewood staff losing their jobs is, IMV, as low as it gets. There's only one party to blame and that's Venky's - people seem to lose sight of that sometimes.

• Like 6

No, but to try and make people who choose not to fund the Raos debt feel guilty over Ewood staff losing their jobs is, IMV, as low as it gets. There's only one party to blame and that's Venky's - people seem to lose sight of that sometimes.

I dont think anyone on here is trying to make anyone feel guilty by boycotting.

Redundancies are a fact of life in business

I think Baz is right ..moving the gantry is a waste of cash.

My point was that TomPhil was tying the move of the gantry when people were being laid off. Whether the gantry was moved or not,jobs will go with reduced attendances.Thats a fact.

As for spending the money on a paint and clean,im damn sure someone would have kicked up a fuss about spending money on that too! This is where we are at with Blackburn Rovers..damned if do damned if they dont.

All brought about by how the clubs been run for the last 6 years i hasten to add.

So they should just pay staff to stand around in empty stands ..??

It all ties in though BlooBoy for example closing a section of the ground which has at least 5/600 hundred people in it every match to save money and presumably laying off the staff in there. Then redirecting those savings into needlessly a new camera gantry on a whim from those in India.

Come on .............

No issue with people boycotting and fully understand it.

However I do agree that if you are making a stand by stopping money going to the club you kind of lose the right to complain about cut backs

Don't really agree with this. If your company's owners and shareholders decided to fire the board and replace it with a quarterly shareholder meeting where decisions about day-to-day operations were made, then decided at one of these meetings to fire key senior managers and replace them with yesmen who were happy with this arrangement, would you say that those good members of staff who left - as a direct result - had no right to complaint if they ended up out of work? Even if they resigned out of principle? Even if those same people were minority shareholders who voted against the decisions made by the majority ones - and could see the share price sinking like a stone? Would you blame those staff who left because the company folded?

Those Rovers fans who have walked away now have no football team to support aside from checking the results and news on here - praying for the day the thread goes up titled "Venkys have sold Rovers to XYZ".

In my view they have every right to complain because they have put their principles first. Those with the least right to complain are you and I who are putting up with it - although our voices could be heard more?

Wonder how many games into the season we will get before the WWVO chants start?

• Like 1

It all ties in though BlooBoy for example closing a section of the ground which has at least 5/600 hundred people in it every match to save money and presumably laying off the staff in there. Then redirecting those savings into needlessly a new camera gantry on a whim from those in India.

Come on .............

But the moving of the gantry isnt the root cause of people being laid off though is it ?

Wasted money yes. Would it save jobs where jobs dont exist anymore no.

• Backroom

I dont think anyone on here is trying to make anyone feel guilty by boycotting.

Redundancies are a fact of life in business

I'm not necessarily suggesting it's been said outright here - but when you start linking attendance to people losing their jobs, that is the implication, whether it's meant to come off that way or not. When you get down to the root cause, it's still Venky's. Our charitable, humble, misunderstood owners (Ewood Spark ©) have mismanaged a community asset to the point where people who have supported this institution for 50+ years are walking away with broken hearts and broken spirits. Everything boils down to those clowns in Pune, and if karma does exist they are going to get bitten hard one day.

• Like 1

But the moving of the gantry isnt the root cause of people being laid off though is it ?

Wasted money yes. Would it save jobs where jobs dont exist anymore no.

We don't know that though do we ? Maybe the order came through from India move the gantry then Cheston had to find ways of saving money just to carry out the orders from above ?

Like I said everything that happens now is part of the bigger picture and as for jobs well the tunnel still exists and the people in the closed section were still needed so if it wasn't closed they'd exist.

• Backroom

Just seen the highlights and it looks so weird seeing Ewood from a different angle I was convinced in my head it was somewhere else, better angle though

• Backroom

Just watched the goals Tom and it looked like the BBE had less than 1,000.

Sad and depressing times.

Same as the last few, central areas full with empty sections in the corners.

Here's a pic I took

zGtgxMV.jpg

Edited by Tom

Same as the last few, central areas full with empty sections in the corners.

Here's a pic I took

zGtgxMV.jpg

That it is such a depressing photo. I remember during the prem years being disappointed when we got less than 20k on. They can barely be 10k Rovers fans there yesterday. God knows how low it will get during midweek games in winter. Particularly in a relegation battle. Sad sad times.

Ha ha

75% of seats occupied.

I doubt it

If you'd been there you would be qualified to comment. From the Jack Walker Upper the Blackburn End Lower looked similarly occupied to last season. Stop trying to gloat about staying away. It doesn't make you better than the ones who still want to go.

Stay away if you must but I can't stand people gloating about not attending!

3 New gantries obscuring the view from the upper rows in the Riverside. Another disgraceful change with no regard to the fans. More evidence that the club is a Venky plaything. Goodbye Ewood.

Goodbye MCMC1875!

Edited by Al
  • Like 4

If you'd been there you would be qualified to comment. From the Jack Walker Upper the Blackburn End Lower looked similarly occupied to last season. Stop trying to gloat about staying away. It doesn't make you better than the ones who still want to go.

Goodbye MCMC1875!

I was there for every home game last season. The BBE last season was 50% occupied at the best.

No gloat, just angry.

I must admit, I thought the JW looked more full than it had for a while. The BBE was sparse and the DE deserted.

It's a long while since I have seen the JW upper as full as it was yesterday. Clearly reducing prices in this stand has an impact on numbers moving from other parts of the ground. Last season there were rows of empty seats behind me but yesterday it was quite full.

That it is such a depressing photo. I remember during the prem years being disappointed when we got less than 20k on. They can barely be 10k Rovers fans there yesterday. God knows how low it will get during midweek games in winter. Particularly in a relegation battle. Sad sad times.

Just wait til it starts raining. Beautiful day yesterday - just look at that sky!

Numbers in the BBE, DE and Riverside all noticeably down. Looked a few more than normal in the JW.

This is obviously the plan.

I think that once people get used to the camera move will be seen as a good thing. Even better if some Qatari business man sees the fantastic stadium on TV and thinks we are the next Man City.