BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Camera Position In Riverside

Extremely minor in the general scheme of things but If they are relocating the cameras to the Riverside it is a long overdue and very welcome move imo.

Nothing was ever said about the direction of the sun when I was on the Fans Forum years ago, the problem seemed to more one of convenience in that everything was hi tech and just plugged straight in in the JW stand.

A minor plus if it happens. Now all we need is a manager and some players.

Why now though when we are skint and every other thing under the sun takes on more urgency. No point, no need for it at all when the JW has the state of the art facilities already in place.

Why now though when we are skint and every other thing under the sun takes on more urgency. No point, no need for it at all when the JW has the state of the art facilities already in place.

Face saving, window dressing.

• Like 2

It's better to see the dugouts from the other angle whilst the game is happening in my opinion. Not major, but always bugged me.

Its emptier than the riverside these days so I'm not sure if they've introduced some kind of offer for the Jack Walker.....

Hard to disagree. Someone I know whose house backs onto the Academy says we've just had the pitches completely relaid at the Academy and this apparently happens every year.

We seem to spend fortunes on incidental stuff like that and new ticketing systems and running tracks round the pitch without getting any of the basics right.

Hard to disagree. Someone I know whose house backs onto the Academy says we've just had the pitches completely relaid at the Academy and this apparently happens every year.

We seem to spend fortunes on incidental stuff like that and new ticketing systems and running tracks round the pitch without getting any of the basics right.

There are different ways of relaying the pitch. Someone at the club told me that last year, the Ewood pitch was redone at a cost of £29,000 but it used to cost twenty times that. Whether that is accurate, I have no idea.

There are different ways of relaying the pitch. Someone at the club told me that last year, the Ewood pitch was redone at a cost of £29,000 but it used to cost twenty times that. Whether that is accurate, I have no idea.

Yep, the Ewood pitch is relaid every summer. This is essential work that cannot be ignored and is done every summer by every club in the league. The question is how much money is spent on doing it. If the £29,000 figure is correct, for comparison purposes Sheffield Wednesday spent £1 million last summer installing a new Desso Grassmaster pitch.

So £29,000 is chicken feed, and probably one of the reasons why the pitch at Ewood appears to be getting worse every year in comparison to rivals when prior to Venkys it was one of the best pitches in the land.

I've also heard that in the last few summers Accrington Stanley have invested more into their pitch than Rovers have at Ewood.

It makes me laugh when Venkys expect credit for spending money on the pitch. Every club spends money on their pitches in the summer. Its part of maintaining the club's facilities, an obligation they signed up to when buying the club.

• Like 1

Yes this pitch thing is nonsense as well as I'm told it used to get completely re-laid every few seasons. I think it might have been the rules in the Prem however since these lot arrived it's just been reseeded. They did it last season and of course it wasn't great due to the horrific wet weather. Obviously a reseeded pitch takes more time to settle than a completely re turfed one so it struggled but actually started to come too this spring after the season ended and a more normal summer would probably have seen it fine for next season.

So much so that the groundsman was tweeting pics of it not long ago saying it's coming on nicely now. Yet it's been ripped up again now and I'd say if we end up with another really wet year which is entirely possible then it'll be a mess again !

Bizarre, also heard Shaw was the man with this idea and it wouldn't surprise.

Edited by tomphil

• 1 month later...

Work was due to commence this week I was led to believe... does anyone know if it has?

They've scattered some seeds on the bare patches and they've installed a double ladder with a box brownie tie wrapped on the top rung in the Riverside.

No expense spared.

They've scattered some seeds on the bare patches and they've installed a double ladder with a box brownie tie wrapped on the top rung in the Riverside.

No expense spared.

No the pitch has been completely re turfed. I've seen it!

They're just going to stick a go-pro on chaddys head and let him do the commentary

(and for an 'alternative' commentary they're going to do the same with Abbey)

No they ain't . I won't be there and most certainly would not accept Venky coin.

Work was due to commence this week I was led to believe... does anyone know if it has?

Good question, Ben. All replies so far are from primary school kids in the playground.

I wonder when you'll get a sensible answer.