BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Camera Position In Riverside

Did someone post a picture of the gantry scaffold? I am sure it stretched across the central 3 blocks of seats and seriously compromised the view (of one of the goals) from the seats from the rear down to the columns in the adjacent two block sections?

Thusly buggering up the view in the R O V E R sections

Edited by Rover_Shaun

• Backroom

Did someone post a picture of the gantry scaffold? I am sure it stretched across the central 3 blocks of seats and seriously compromised the view (of one of the goals) from the seats from the rear down to the columns in the adjacent two block sections?

Thusly buggering up the view in the R O V E R sections

The scaffolding is due to be done by weekend

Letter appeared on twitter, sent to a Riverside season ticket holder arrived today, saying there may be problems with the views because of the new TV gantry, looks like the operation to shut the Riverside next season is under way

Edit Image attached

Co2BW28WcAACkKf.jpg

Third paragraph: "However, our most important concern is the loyal fans in the stadium."

When is that sentiment ever applied?

Watching public around the World!! If the editor of the letter had been to school then they would realise it is World not world.....pathetic.

And why would anyone in the Riverside be bothered about a view of the JW Stand? I thought they came to see the football for 80 minutes rather than count the fans in the JW Stand (which would take 5 minutes).

Weird.

Maybe Mrs D is planning to fly in for a rare visit with her pussy and she wants to make sure everybody gets a good look at it?

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

When I read the letter the first thing that occurred to me was the possibility that I could go down to the club shop today, purchase a season ticket on the back row of the Riverside, then next week moan about the view and ask the club to relocate me at no extra cost. I would then ask for a corresponding seat in the Jack Walker Upper tier central area, which cost £120 more, and this letter appears to suggest the club would be prepared to do just that.

Alternatively I could do the above and demand relocation to the JW lower and save myself £20.

I've never sat at the very back of the Riverside, but it was blatantly obvious from the moment I heard there was a new gantry being installed that people's views were going to be affected. On a stand that old with a low roof it was always going to happen, its astonishing that the club have left it until Tuesday before the season starts to admit it.

So that's now an increase in season ticket prices and poorer views for Riverside season ticket holders. What next? Removal of the roof? No toilets? Very hard to look past a complete closure of this stand in the next season or so, and Cheston is in the process of whittling down the number of season ticket holders in that stand to minimise the furore when it happens.

• Like 2

Whilst chaos ensues in there on Sat as thousands jostle for the best available seats left a lone apologist turns up. He finds his seat he's sat on for nearly two generations not obstructed but removed completely along with those either side. A metal pole and stabilisers are now bolted to the step where his seat once sat.

Shrugging his shoulders he sighs "oh it's a shame they've had to reconstruct it like this so they can see from India. They didn't mean it it's all an innocent mistake the Venkys just have no understanding of the English scaffolding system, they've been duped again"

Off he shuffles to sit on a step elsewhere. No sign of a riot here, who is this mystery guy ?

Edited by tomphil

The club says that the views will not be restricted so let's wait and see. Many on here are limping before they have been kicked. They just seem to want to find another thing to moan about.

• Like 2

Unless it's a levitating gantry then views will be compromised unless they have no intention of selling affected seats

You won't be there to see it anyway so why should you care?

Don't be childish Al. You're better than that. We all know that in the grand scheme of things it's a pointless exercise.

It's not me being childish Shaun, it's you. If you are not going to attend what has the view from the Riverside stand got to do with you? Surely it's of no consequence to you so why whinge about it? Just another thing to moan about isn't it?

The Riverside must be the most populated Stand for the last 5 years.

Surely some 20% of the upper seats will find their view blocked when looking towards the goals in each half?

Could be a riot on Saturday...flat caps and flasks.

I've literally bought a new flask for my bovril for the coming season, quite liking forward to using it too. I'm in my 20's! Maybe it's a Riverside thing?

I've literally bought a new flask for my bovril for the coming season, quite liking forward to using it too. I'm in my 20's! Maybe it's a Riverside thing?

Stainless steel or one of those tartan jobs? 😂

Will it keep your beverage hot for 80 mins?

• Like 1

It's been posted on here that the scaffolding will have been removed by Saturday

I assumed it meant the 3 scaffold towers that seemed to be up for roof maintenance.

I must have got the massive end of the wrong stick (not for the first time). LOL. I assumed the only way to do it would be to build a scaffold platform as the roof never looks robust enough.

Are you saying the TV gantry is a structure suspended from the roof, or on the roof?

I assumed it meant the 3 scaffold towers that seemed to be up for roof maintenance.

I must have got the massive end of the wrong stick (not for the first time). LOL. I assumed the only way to do it would be to build a scaffold platform as the roof never looks robust enough.

Are you saying the TV gantry is a structure suspended from the roof, or on the roof?

The only scaffolding there at the last match were the three towers.

We have been told the TV gantry was to be constructed 'off site' so it wont be a 'sheetload of scaffolding'

The scaffolding must have been used whilst strengthening work was done (this could cause some obstructed views).

I haven't read the letter sent out to Riversiders, I don't know if the gantry will be above or below the roof.

As with everything Rovers under the loons, the fans are the last to know

The club says that the views will not be restricted so let's wait and see. Many on here are limping before they have been kicked. They just seem to want to find another thing to moan about.

To be fair Al, there's not much to champion about regarding the club currently. I do know what you mean though. In mitigation, I guess it's just that everyone is totally and utterly hacked off.

• Like 1