SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owen Coyle: Poll

Coyle  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Coyle as a manager?

• Yes
    • No

It's not a question of trust - how and why he was appointed is a question for a different argument. The simple fact of the matter is, he is now the manager and if the fans are against him from the get-go, he'll fail very quickly. If he is as unsackable as a lot of people seem to think he will be, we'll be staring another relegation in the face very quickly in that case.

With that in mind, I will support him until he gives me reason and cause not to. And again, if he is as bad as you think he is, that won't take long. But I wouldn't take his MLS win rate into account - it's a totally different league, different tactics, different style etc. Lots of people go there and fail. Look at New York City; three of the best players of the last twenty years playing for them and they're struggling to string a series of wins together.

As I've said, personal choice, after 40-years I'm not prepared to have my intelligence belittled by a set of owners who are prepared to continue to dumb down a proud club because of spivs, charlatons & chancers - OC is now prepared to come and ask for the support of our fans who he was only too happy to slag off in support of another money grabbing tosser.

I've no wish to see him on Ewoods touch line - you do, fair play. I won't be there, you will. We both still support our club, just in different ways.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark days get darker .. in fact I feel like the power has now been cut in the town .. where's the candles? they're all burned out .. :( all we have is memories now .. such is life :brfc:

Coyle impressed at Burnley, leading the club to the semi-finals of the League Cup in 2008-09, beating Chelsea and Arsenal on the way before narrowly losing to Tottenham in the last four.

He secured promotion to the Premier League with the Clarets via the play-off final at Wembley in May 2009 - the first time the club had played in the top tier for 33 years.

The 49-year-old left Turf Moor for Bolton in January 2010 and helped Wanderers to a 14th-placed finish in the Premier League. They repeated that feat in his first full season in charge and also reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

If he can repeat that - then a definite yes.

Dark days get darker .. in fact I feel like the power has now been cut in the town .. where's the candles? they're all burned out .. :( all we have is memories now .. such is life :brfc:

I am sure Owen Coyle will light a few candles, conveniently forgetting -again-how he promoted the Anderson liars and cheats...

I received this from a reasonable Burnley fan.

"He's a motivator, good in the loan market, plays attacking football. No plan B and massive bullshitter"

Sounds perfect for Mrs D.

Also tee total and a good Christian apparently , so no @#/? up drives on the motorway or Uncle @#/? impersonations in Hong Kong bars to look forward to.

Coyle impressed at Burnley, leading the club to the semi-finals of the League Cup in 2008-09, beating Chelsea and Arsenal on the way before narrowly losing to Tottenham in the last four.

He secured promotion to the Premier League with the Clarets via the play-off final at Wembley in May 2009 - the first time the club had played in the top tier for 33 years.

The 49-year-old left Turf Moor for Bolton in January 2010 and helped Wanderers to a 14th-placed finish in the Premier League. They repeated that feat in his first full season in charge and also reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

If he can repeat that - then a definite yes.

He's a busted flush - he has no money to spend, and a very sparse crowd to lie to. Should be great fun.

He's a busted flush - he has no money to spend, and a very sparse crowd to lie to. Should be great fun.

If we were going for a one season wonder, why not Holloway? It just seems so calculated to @#/? off the fanbase even further.

I have got a sneaky feeling that money will now suddenly appear to fund a squad rebuild, and will be out of the club quicker than you can say offshoreaccount

Not too bothered about his ex-clubs, what bothers me is that he has bombed n his last few jobs and, more importantly, he looks like an Anderson Trojan Horse. The club should be as far away from Kentaro/SEM as possible not hiring someone who is on their books who can influence our transfer policy. Ridiculous decision from a ridiculous club.

Coyle Out, his appointment reeks of corruption.

Only hinted at SEM they warned me no slandering so I subtly hinted .. They were trying to pin no to coyle on hating Burnley but I told them it was deeper than that . I was passionate and didn't swear @#/? me I was shocked to . Told them of fans heartbreak and stuff ...think it may be on the news bulletins so let's hope they don't hang me out

When was the last time a decision at this club was made for footballing reasons to advance the club?

rotten to the soddin core this club.

what possible reason is there to give a proven loser 2 years, who else of a similar size to us would touch him with a barge pole ffs.

don't consider him for a nano second and if u do offer a monthly deal he would have absolutely no better options ever than us, why 2 sodding years.

i'm sick of how slowly its taking to get venkys out, utterly fed up in having no real aspirations/interest in what the team i support does week after week going on years now.

Only hinted at SEM they warned me no slandering so I subtly hinted .. They were trying to pin no to coyle on hating Burnley but I told them it was deeper than that . I was passionate and didn't swear @#/? me I was shocked to . Told them of fans heartbreak and stuff ...think it may be on the news bulletins so let's hope they don't hang me out

Just done a similar interview with the LET but went for it. Said I was totally disillusioned with it all, the appointment of Coyle didn't make me angry it simply made me take another big sigh and that's happened consistently over the Venkys reign.

Then dropped in the "it's just another SEM/Kentaro link, which along with the recent revelation that Defabet the club sponsors are also linked to, makes it all seem like a slap in the face and Steve Kean 2.0"

I imagine the second bit won't make the cut.

After the things Ive heard to day it really is a dark day in Rovers history.

Its beyond me how FA doesnt look into it.

They are called the FA for a very good reason

Just done a similar interview with the LET but went for it. Said I was totally disillusioned with it all, the appointment of Coyle didn't make me angry it simply made me take another big sigh and that's happened consistently over the Venkys reign.

Then dropped in the "it's just another SEM/Kentaro link, which along with the recent revelation that Defabet the club sponsors are also linked to, makes it all seem like a slap in the face and Steve Kean 2.0"

I imagine the second bit won't make the cut.

The dafabet thing seems to be a mistake to me. The company who arranged it is called Sports Entertainment Marketing and no obvious links apart from the initials

The dafabet thing seems to be a mistake to me. The company who arranged it is called Sports Entertainment Marketing and no obvious links apart from the initials

Jesus pal you've left it until after the interviews to bring that up?!

Archived