BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Coyle Interview

The four managers interviewed ? Ha ha that's a good one, I doubt there was anything more than a few incoming phone calls just to keep Cheston & Co busy whilst they rooted about looking for an ex Evertonian. Meanwhile in Pune the window dressers and their advisors identified the new stooge and basically said come on down.

Thing is, I don't see that Kelly or Irvine will hang about anyway if any kind of better offer comes in, and most offers would be preferable to being here. So the idea that Coyle got the job because he was prepared to keep them doesn't hold water. He got it cos he will do as he's told. He was obviously given the nod by the club. Look at the timing of it

Thing is, I don't see that Kelly or Irvine will hang about anyway if any kind of better offer comes in, and most offers would be preferable to being here. So the idea that Coyle got the job because he was prepared to keep them doesn't hold water. He got it cos he will do as he's told. He was obviously given the nod by the club. Look at the timing of it

Stating your opinion as gospel there GB? ;)

I think that we couldn't afford to get rid of them if we wanted to hence any manager coming in would have to work with them.

If they walked, that's a different kettle of fish - no payout! However, unless someone comes in for them I can't see them leaving until at least this time next year when their 2.5 year deals end.

• 2 weeks later...

Seemed best place to reply without taking summer transfer thread off.

It took them over a month to come up with Owen Coyle.

Not normal.

Answers on a postcard, which other Championship clubs replaced last seasons manager on the same day as us? Pre season hasn't even started yet, if we still hadn't acted it would be more than "strange". The choice in OC made little sense unless taking into account possibilities such as cost, likelihood of working to certain expectations and ultimately trying to avoid a PL scenario (manager slagging owners in press)! Someone with a crap reputation such as OC therefore makes sense when taking into the ridiculous decision making process at Ewood.

What's the suggestion though? From seeing that process as strange? Many weird things have gone on, an example; our previous manager had made the decision to leave months before the end of the season! Can't remember such happening before, does that mean there is more than meets the eye? Such as an intention to rile already annoyed fans purposely and alienate the 1/3rd of the fan base left?

Neither is thinking its normal

Conspiracy theorists = normal?

Seemed best place to reply without taking summer transfer thread off.

Answers on a postcard, which other Championship clubs replaced last seasons manager on the same day as us? Pre season hasn't even started yet, if we still hadn't acted it would be more than "strange". The choice in OC made little sense unless taking into account possibilities such as cost, likelihood of working to certain expectations and ultimately trying to avoid a PL scenario (manager slagging owners in press)! Someone with a crap reputation such as OC therefore makes sense when taking into the ridiculous decision making process at Ewood.

What's the suggestion though? From seeing that process as strange? Many weird things have gone on, an example; our previous manager had made the decision to leave months before the end of the season! Can't remember such happening before, does that mean there is more than meets the eye? Such as an intention to rile already annoyed fans purposely and alienate the 1/3rd of the fan base left?

Conspiracy theorists = normal?

They are not making decisions purely for footballing reasons, but, like Elvis, I have a Suspicious Mind.

Coyle and Irvine are good mates and know each other for many years.

He and Kelly live near each others and are friends.

I dont see Irvine and Kelly going anywhere.

They was a piece in the LT paper about Coyle and His staff. Was in Saturday paper. My post is from the paper

They are not making decisions purely for footballing reasons, but, like Elvis, I have a Suspicious Mind.

The King was right.

I don't take anything these shysters do at face value. There always seems to be another agenda, apart from getting the best possible team with the best possible manager.

• Like 4

They've almost gone out of their way to do the opposite of the right thing despite it keep going pear shaped time after time and despite knowing damn well what the fans want and how the club was run before when it was ok.

They continue to do it after nearly 6 years and seem happy for the club to go to hell. Please don't anybody feed me the naïve line anymore, that one certainly doesn't wash.

• Like 2

You only have to read the statement that they new nothing of a proposal from Seneca, and were only aware through media reports to know there is a double agenda at play. Kamy saw the proposal document and Seneca wouldn't just have popped it in the post.

Wild speculation?, conspiracy theories? All I know is, if it looks like BS, smells like BS, I'm taking it as BS.

Edited by BlueMonday
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.